bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lust  (Read 5596 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Lust
« on: July 31, 2006, 03:26:19 PM »

Dear Ray,

If as you say that Lust is wrong, which according to the scriptures, it is.  How does one get a wife then?  I mean, do I not need a certain level of attraction or lust to want to marry a lady whom I wish to be with?  But if I’m lusting for her, then I’m sinning.  Do I have to commit this sin, in order for me to want to marry her?  It seems like a no win situation.

If you can explain this in short, I’d be very grateful for your time.

Thank you so much and God bless

Alex

Dear Alex:

Don't get yourself spiritually frustrated. God never intended for a single person on earth to not ever sin, save for His Own Son. Since we are BORN SINNERS, how does God expect us NOT TO SIN?  God DOESN'T expect us not to sin. God EXPECTS us to sin. If we didn't ever sin, there would nothing to repent of, hence there would be no reason to be saved. But when God calls us be His chosen elect, He also gives us the power of His Holy Spirit by which we conquer sin so that it no longer reigns over us.  No one can tell a young man in his late teens or early twenties to find a nice wife, but be sure not to lust for her in the interim. But now someone will accuse me of excusing sin. No, it's just that I am more honest than probably any teacher you have ever met before.  These youthful lusts must be. One can pretend not to have them. One can try to hide them. One can even LIE and say h e has not lusts. Do we now have a youth that has no lust?  No, what we have now is the same lustful person who has now also become a deceiver and a liar.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.