bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Methods of Bible Study  (Read 3721 times)

adiamondintheson

Methods of Bible Study
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »

Dennis and I have sooooo MUCH enjoyed the last 4 years of study here at BT.  We are wanting to do some studying on our own on different subjects.  Would anyone care to share on how you study on particular subjects.  We do use the Sword Searcher and the Greek and Hebrew translations and have really found these along with Dennis indepth studies to be a real life changer.  We do want to grow from here and find ways to expand now from here.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you
Connie Hall

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Methods of Bible Study
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 12:40:46 AM »

I don't know if this is helpful, but:

My "goal" in bible-study is to de-religify the terms.  Like many of us, I was taught the scripture from a theological perspective.  But there are many 'bible-words' that can be 'read-over' without understanding, but with the assumption of understanding.  I've found it valuable to understand the simple (not theological) definitions of important words/concepts.

I've also found it valuable to 'study-out' statements made by others to see if they are true.  That is a LOT of what BT is about.

No matter what approach you take, I can't stress enough the importance of Ray's 12 truths to understanding scripture. 

Lastly, I try my best to READ and not prepare to TEACH.  That is, I don't envision myself as an apostle but as a person he is writing to, living my own life. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 02:40:57 AM »

Jesus is our One Teacher.  Ask Him to guide your study by His Spirit.

In order to hide His Truth from the many, God has jumbled up and spread His Truth throughout the Scriptures.

That is why it is written, line upon line, line upon line, precept on precept, here a little, there a little.

Also, in the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established.

Also, no Scripture is its own interpretation.

The Truth of the Scriptures will never contradict because God does not lie and His Word does not lie.

Finally, ...But on this one will I look: On him who is humble and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word. Isa 66:2

se7en

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »

Absolutely,

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

Like Dave was saying, linking to the twelve truths.

A big one for me is applying the Word to myself (It's not long ago and far away in some other time spiritually speaking), Ray's 11th truth to understanding scripture. Everything is about Christ and for our admonition. The whole of scripture is used for training, instruction, correction in righteousness. I used to read the Bible and think.... You know, it would have been so cool to be the apostle Paul and live and see the things he saw, and experience the things he experienced. And now I think.... You know, all of scripture is spirit and truth... what Paul experienced in his life is what I experience in my life.... SPIRITUALLY.

We all don't physically hang from a cross until we are dead. But if Christ is in us... we die daily. It's so deeply personal. It makes me want to sleep with the Word of God in my bed like a little kid with his teddy bear, all snuggled up. It's precious to me. THANK YOU LORD GOD FOR TRUTH!!!!!!
~Se7en
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.