bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 YEAR OLD BIBLE PREACHER PREACHES ON EVANGELISM  (Read 4658 times)

loretta

10 YEAR OLD BIBLE PREACHER PREACHES ON EVANGELISM
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:35:23 PM »

My former church friend posted this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoLGfCn_Yt4&feature=youtube_gdata_player to me and he describes the boy as a "Benjamin GENERATION". God our Father, he said, is using young people.  Benjamin generation?  I googled it and found out that Joseph Prince first used the term to describe people under grace.

Still, the only thought that passed my mind as I watched this video clip was Jesus' warning

Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

I can't believe that I was doing the same to my kids, till I came to BT! :(

Pierdut

Re: 10 YEAR OLD BIBLE PREACHER PREACHES ON EVANGELISM
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 08:59:47 PM »

He's preaching a 'either you accept Christ of your own free will or He will torture you in hell for all eternity.' Now you make up your mind, no pressure; it must be a free choice. If you don't freely choose to love God, then He'll roast you in hell for all eternity. He doesn't want robots, He wants you to love him freely with no cause.

I marvel at the minds of these people, I really do. Granted, this is a 10-year-old kid, but adult Christians are no better, they preach the same contradictory nonsense.

If you choose to bow down to someone so that He doesn't torture you in fire for all eternity you are not doing it because you love said person or God, you are only doing it to save your own skin. If there were no threat of such unspeakable evil awaiting you for refusing Him you'd spit in His face, not worship Him. Furthermore,  how can you love such a god? An analogy would be like loving the man that put a gun to your face and demdended your money otherwise he'd shoot you in the face and your wife would be widowed and your kids would be without their father and breadwinner and your family would also be in agony over your death.

Why can't Christians see this? It is not threats of eternal torture that God uses to get you to love Him... Don't you know it is the goodness of God that leads you to repentance? Yes, I do have a verse on that - Google it.

Threating people with eternal torture in fire in order to force them to 'love you' is NOT good, and they don't really love you at all... in a different description... forced love is not love,  it is rape.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:12:56 PM by Pierdut »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »

hi loretta and pierdut.  you may have both read the following excerpt from ray's lof series, but it is worth re-reading what ray included in his essay.  helps in understanding how the church has used fear for so many, many years.

claudia

*The Jews borrowed from the Pagans the doctrine of transmigration [reincarnation], with all its accompaniments of future retribution, and ENDLESS PUNISHMENT. And they abundantly justify the statement of Enfield, that 'the purity of the divine doctrine was corrupted among the Jews in Egypt, who, under the disguise of allegory, admitted doctrines NEVER DREAMED OF BY THEIR LAWGIVER [God through Moses] and prophets; and adopted a mystical interpretation of the law, which converted its plain meaning into a thousand IDLE FANCIES" (Doctrine of Eternal Punishment by Dr. Thomas B. Thayer. CAPS are mine).

*"Egypt has been called the 'Mother of Superstitions,' and her whole religious history shows the propriety of the appellation [her doctrines are provable superstitions]. Greeks and Romans, Lawgivers and Philosophers, acknowledge their indebtedness to her in this respect, and freely credit her with THE ORIGINAL INVENTION OF THE FABLES AND TERRORS OF THE INVISIBLE WORLD....", (Thayer, Chapt. 3, p. 4).

"It is plain enough, from their united testimony [that of the Greek writers, Herodotus, Diodorus Siculus, Plutarch, and others] , that the whole matter of judgment after death, the rewards of a good life, and the punishments of a bad life, with all the formal solemnities of trial and condemnation, ORIGINATED AND WAS PERFECTED AMONG THE EGYPTIANS, according to the peculiar character of the mythology. From them IT WAS BORROWED BY THE GREEKS, who made such change and additions as fitted the system to the genius and circumstances of that people." (Thayer, Chapt. 3, p. 4).

*"Since the multitude is ever fickle, full of lawless desires, irrational passions and violence, there is no other way to keep them in order but by the fear and terror of the invisible world; on which account out ancestors seem to me to have acted judiciously, when they CONTRIVED TO BRING INTO THE POPULAR BELIEF THESE NOTIONS OF THE GODS, AND OF THE INTERNAL REGIONS." (Polybius, B. vi 56).

*"The multitude are restrained from vice by the punishments the gods are said to inflict upon offenders, and by those terrors and threatenings which certain dreadful words and monstrous forms imprint upon their minds...For it is impossible to govern the crowd of women, and the common rabble, by philosophical reasoning, and lead them to piety, holiness and virtue � but this must be done by SUPERSTITION, OR THE FEAR of the gods, by means of fables and wonders; for the thunder, the aegis, the trident, the torches (of the Furies), the dragons, etc., are ALL FABLES as is also ALL ANCIENT THEOLOGY. These things the legislators used as scarecrows to terrify the childish multitudes." (Strabo, Geography, B. I).

*"For as we sometimes cure the body with unwholesome remedies, when such as are most wholesome produce no effect, so we restrain those minds with FALSE RELATIONS, which will not be persuaded by the truth. There is necessity, therefore, of instilling the dread of those foreign torments....[the word 'foreign' usually implied Egyptian]" (Timaeus Locrus, the Pythagorean).

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »

"Before we get 'em saved, we have to get 'em lost."  Poor kid don't know a sliver of it, yet.

I hope there are a few under his preaching that are beginning to see.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

loretta

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 05:02:11 AM »

"Before we get 'em saved, we have to get 'em lost."
:)

Before BT, I worried that my kids didn't like reading their bibles, devotionals, or sing praise and worship songs like the churched kids did.  My eyes began to open when I read the disturbing trend(sic) that majority of churched kids abandoned their faith once they headed off to college.  Now I know why.

Tks for the excerpt from Ray's essay, Claudia. Bears remembering these foundational truths.

I marvel at the minds of these people, I really do. Granted, this is a 10-year-old kid, but adult Christians are no better, they preach the same contradictory nonsense.

I agree Pierdut, though it would have been better if the 10-year-old kid preached like a 10 year old, not like a 60 year old!

loretta

se7en

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 12:33:01 PM »

Watching that reminded me of two movies... "Jesus Camp" and "Joshua"

The movie "Jesus Camp" a documentary on young kids going to church camp, looks at the possibility of brain washing, etc. etc.

and the movie "Joshua" a movie about what it might look like if Jeus came during our modern times.

Seeing that kid preach reminded me of both of those movies.

Jesus Camp due to the indoctrination and brain washing... and Joshua, that part where Joshua shows love to the blind lady and she gets her sight restored. Two visual pictures for two different times in Joshua Adam Hartinger's life.
~Se7en

Kat

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 03:47:36 PM »

In case anybody would like to read the article where Claudia posted the excerpt it came from the LoF 16. D1 Hell: The Christian hell is a Christian HOAX  http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D1.htm

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.