bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Do So Many Women Show off Cleavage in Church?  (Read 14461 times)

loretta

Why Do So Many Women Show off Cleavage in Church?
« on: July 30, 2013, 05:20:25 AM »

In a trending article under the same title, at Crosswalk.com, Jennifer LeClaire is quoted as saying

"Some women—and I am talking about so-called "mature believers," not lost souls or baby Christians—come into God’s sanctuary on Sunday morning wearing clothes you might rather expect to see them wearing at a dance club on Saturday night. Their blouses cling to their bodies, their necklines dip so low and stretch so wide that they reveal cleavage, and the slits up the sides of their skirts offer more than an innocent glimpse of their thighs. Again, I’m not talking about sinners seeking God or new believers who plain don’t know better. I’m talking about those who claim to be "born-again, baptized, blood-bought" (even tongue-talking) members of the church!"

The answer seems pretty obvious to me, because the church is not called out of the world.  Although they call themselves born-again, baptized, blood-bought, tongue-talking Christians!

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Why Do So Many Women Show off Cleavage in Church?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 07:39:23 AM »

Yes they will be having fashions shows next - no surprise for the church

Rhys
🤫

se7en

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 11:30:43 AM »

Yeupers.

"The answer seems pretty obvious to me, because the church is not called out of the world."

They only want Christ's name to take away their shame and nothing else, because they want to wear their own garments (works and righteousness) and eat their own food (their antichrist doctrines).

I love those guys... I used to be one of them (BIG TIME). I want them to see past the veil so badly (and they eventually will), but I know it's all in the Father's plan and perfect timing. He did it for me, in which I was completely and totally blind... I know He will eventually do it for them too! And that's a comforting thought. :)
~Se7en

onelovedread

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 02:08:04 PM »

Could it all stem from the source of the synagogue of Satan? The following is from The Lake of Fire - Part X:

The synagogue of Satan is located in the churches—in The Church!

"…you have tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and have found them liars" (Rev. 2:2.)

Where did the Ephesians try those false, lying, apostles? In some pagan temple or church down the street, or across town, or in some foreign land? Or maybe in the pagan religion of the Roman occupation? No, in the Church. Jesus Christ says:

"Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write… thou have tried them which say they are apostles [in the church of Ephesus], and are not" (Rev. 2:1a & 2b.)

Where did Jesus know these lying apostles? Why, in the Church, of course. Of what consequence would "lying apostles" of some pagan religion be to the churches of God in Asia?

And where did Jesus say the synagogue of Satan is located? Same place—in the Church:

"And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write… I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews [in the Smyrna church], and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan… And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write… I will make them of the synagogue of Satan [in the Philadelphia church], and are not but do lie…" (Rev. 2:8 & 9; 3:7 & 9.)

All seven of the churches were well aware of many pagan gods and pagan religions. These seven cities in Asia were filled with MANY PAGAN GODS.

The non-believing Ephesians worshipped Diana, who was associated with Artemis. Smyrna had temples to Apollo, Asclepia, Aphrodite, Cybele, Emperor Tiberius, and Zeus, and maybe most important of all, the Temple of Athena. Pergamum worshiped Zeus, Olympus, Athena, Dionysus, Asclepius ("The Saviour",) and also the God-Serpent and the God-Bull. Thyatira worshiped the Emperor, Thyatiran, Tyrimnos, and Pallas Athena. Sardis worshiped the goddess Artemis, and both goddesses Artemis and Cybele were commemorated on their local coinage. Philadelphia worshiped the sun god and serpent gods, although Dionysis was their major god. Laodicea worshiped Zeus Azeus and Men Karou.

Were these the false apostles and lying Jews of the synagogue of Satan. Was it the priests of these pagan gods and religions of the seven cities in Asia that God was warning the churches about?

Since when are the priests of paganism called APOSTLES? Since when are the followers of pagan religions and pagan gods called LYING JEWS? Since when are the temples of Zeus and Athena and Diana called SYNAGOGUES? No, these false apostles and lying Jews of the synagogue of Satan are in the churches of God.

And isn’t it ironic that in the two congregations that religious chart-makers tell us had NO spiritual flaws whatsoever, we find those residing who are specifically called lying Jews? No, Smyrna and Philadelphia, down through the centuries, have exactly the same spiritual flaws and heresies as did all of the other five churches of Asia.

THE THRONE OF SATAN THE DEVIL ALSO LOCATED

Now then, as the false apostles, and lying Jews, and synagogue of Satan are all located in the Church, where do you suppose we would find Satan’s throne, and Satan’s dwelling place to be located? Yes, that’s right: In the Church. Here is the Scriptural proof found in the messages to the church at Smyrna and Pergamos:

"Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison…" (Rev. 2:10.)

"I know your works and where you dwell, even where [the same place where] Satan’s seat [Greek: throne] is… were Satan [also] dwells" (Rev. 2:13.)

Satan cannot imprison members of the Church unless Satan is in the Church. His throne is in the Church. His dwelling place is in the Church. His synagogue is in the Church.

And think not that Satan merely makes an occasional visit to the Church. No, Satan is permanently in the Church until God removes him. The Greek word from which the translators give us "dwelleth" in the KJV is kataoideo, and its meaning is: "To house permanently" (Strong’s Greek Dictionary, page 136.) Satan not only has his false apostles in the Church, and his congregation of unconverted lying Jews in the Church, and his synagogue in the Church, and his very throne in the Church, but Satan himself dwells permanently in the Church.

WHERE IS PERGAMOS TODAY?

Why would God choose the church of Pergamos/Pergamum as a physical type of the spiritual city where Satan really dwells and has his throne? We read this historical account of Pergamum:

"Pergamum, founded no later than 399 BC, became the capital city of the Roman province in Asia giving the traveler the impression of a royal city, the home of authority. Located about 60 miles north of Smyrna and 15 miles from the Aegean Sea, Pergamum was a center of learning, medicine, and religious books. The library, rivaling the Alexandrian library, drew many princes, priests, and scholars. Noted for marble carving, it excelled the other six cities in architectural beauty."

A royal city of authority with maybe the greatest library in the world. A city of learning, medicine, and religion. More excellent than all of the other Six Church Cities. Clearly, this city had all of the physical attributes that would make it suitable for the throne and dwelling place of Satan.

But remember: Revelation is a signified book of symbols that stand for spiritual things. The physical city of Pergamus was only a symbolic representation of something higher, something more profound, something of grand proportions. Satan does not reside or dwell or have his throne and his synagogue in West Asia in a demolished old city name Pergamus. Pergamus mean fortified. It comes from the word purgos (Strong’s #4444, which means "burgh; a tower or castle" page 219.) Satan dwells (permanently resides) in the Church. But Satan dwells in a city that is, was, and will be. We will later identify this city described in Rev. 2:13.

This then brings us to Satan’s final and grandest achievement in The Church—the very "DEPTH of Satan." Something more evil and vile than anything ever conceived of by man or demon! But not to worry—for if you have been chosen to understand these things, then you will,

"Come OUT of her My people…" and "He that overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be My SON" (Rev. 18:4, & 21:7.)

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 03:48:16 PM »

Hi Loretta,

I have a related question: why do so many women show off cleavage anywhere?

We know that men and women are designed to procreate and that sexual attraction is necessary for God to expand the population. It is natural and we should learn to control our nature and express it appropriately.

How many single guys would take on a family that would absorb all of their hard earned wages IF they were not dazzled by a sexually attractive female? Not many!

Many of the women mentioned are also already married. So who are they desiring to impress with their beauty? Surely they know and have been taught by society that the promise of more flesh is more attractive to the male that pure nudity. Also pure nudity exposes all of our imperfections and uncomely parts, which can be covered and enhanced by the right clothing and cosmetics.

I really have to wonder whether these ladies are trying to attract men or rather perhaps trying to impress other women and make them jealous.
Is there some type of competition at work here, in the church? Is that as much of a problem as the display of flesh.

Lets hear from both sexes.
Curious Bob

se7en

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »

I think the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life affect both male and female.

I think Curious Bob said it well :) The women show cleavage to impress both men and women. vanity, vanity....

It's interesting that we are having this conversation. Just a couple of weeks ago a neighbor of mine who is in her late 20's early 30's. My wife told me "She got a boob job". I said "no way, did she really?"

Two weeks had gone by since she had it done, and I saw her out in the front yard watering her plants, on the sidewalk etc. etc. and never noticed. But when my wife told me she had her breasts enlarged.... It's all I could see for a couple of days.

For a couple of days it was.... go outside to walk the dog, see next door neighbor... "BREASTS"... look away, pretend you didn't notice, just wave and smile, wave and smile.... keep walking.... clear.

I think women have breasts enlarged or show cleavage to show off (pride of life). Are there health reason's as to why get breasts enlarged?

I hope this didn't offend anyone. Look what you did Curious Bob! Your going to get me in trouble!  ;)  *points accusing finger at Bob* Hahahaha
~Se7en

se7en

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 04:49:15 PM »

Hahaha John! So, so true. Thank you God for breasts! For without them, none of us would be here now.
~Se7en

Kat

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 05:27:38 PM »

Actually Bob, I happen to think it doesn't necessarily have to do with sex, it's mainly to attraction attention and men naturally coming running. Now there are different ways to attract attention, through a musical talent, by obtaining a high position in the business world, through fame, etc. But the easiest is for women to dress sexy to get attention from men, but mainly other women, yea other women

Women like other women to envy their appearance, this seems to give them clot in social circles... women like to be doled over by other women. There's is an old saying 'if you have it, flaunt it,' that is what people think and believe there is nothing wrong with that idea, so if you got it use it to your advantage.

Now I do think that women dress provocatively for men to notice them as well and for good reason, as this kind of attention is what women use to get what they want from men. Men fall for this tactic very easily, they seem to love to shower these women with compliments and gifts and damn near anything else they want.

So actually "showing cleavage" is a power play for women, they get higher ranked in social circles by how much attention they get.

Of course this is just my opinion from my observation of the games people play in life :D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »

God knew what He was doing.  If He would have created men with breasts they would never leave the house. :D

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 08:32:55 PM »

God knew what He was doing.  If He would have created men with breasts they would never leave the house. :D

Hard to disagree with  ;)
🤫

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 12:14:16 AM »

Did you hear about the dyslexic man who walks into a bra?

loretta

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 01:43:04 AM »

I had to take a break between reading these posts as I was falling off my chair with laughter!  8)

Seriously though, I wonder who is the bigger hypocrite, the woman who dresses provocatively all week, then sobers up for church on Sunday or the one who dresses up, or rather dresses down to impress others on Sunday.  I used to see it all the time at the catholic mass many years ago, till the church here passed a decree against inappropriate attire during mass with the threat of ex-communion ( refusal to give holy communion) which worked to some extent!

Finally, as Christians, I believe that we have to guard against making sexual purity an end in itself, (which would make us hypocrites) rather than focussing on Christ who enables us to live pure to the glory of God, the Father.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 03:44:49 AM »

Nicely said Loretta and me thinks they are both missing the mark as we all do and hahahahaha Craig
🤫

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 09:58:14 AM »

Lord protect me from myself. So many bad jokes wanting to get out. Better you than me Craig.

se7en

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 11:40:37 AM »

Hahaha Craig!

"Finally, as Christians, I believe that we have to guard against making sexual purity an end in itself, (which would make us hypocrites) rather than focussing on Christ who enables us to live pure to the glory of God, the Father." - loretta

So very true. Focusing on the Head... the body will line up and do what the Head tells it to.

~Se7en

Samson

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »

Actually Bob, I happen to think it doesn't necessarily have to do with sex, it's mainly to attraction attention and men naturally coming running. Now there are different ways to attract attention, through a musical talent, by obtaining a high position in the business world, through fame, etc. But the easiest is for women to dress sexy to get attention from men, but mainly other women, yea other women

Women like other women to envy their appearance, this seems to give them clot in social circles... women like to be doled over by other women. There's is an old saying 'if you have it, flaunt it,' that is what people think and believe there is nothing wrong with that idea, so if you got it use it to your advantage.

Now I do think that women dress provocatively for men to notice them as well and for good reason, as this kind of attention is what women use to get what they want from men. Men fall for this tactic very easily, they seem to love to shower these women with compliments and gifts and damn near anything else they want.

So actually "showing cleavage" is a power play for women, they get higher ranked in social circles by how much attention they get.

Of course this is just my opinion from my observation of the games people play in life :D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Well said Kat, although this section is for " Fun & Banter," this is a serious matter, males or females flaunting their physical attributes, food for the Carnal mind. Of course, these individuals are probably unaware of the serious nature of such a flaunt, but I agree that what Kat states above holds true.

Kind regards, Samson.

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 03:58:49 PM »

So very true. Focusing on the Head... the body will line up and do what the Head tells it to.

what a perfect expression of the Spirit your statement above is se7en.  something i need to remind myself of, especially at this time in my life.  thanks for sharing it.

claudia

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »

Why Do So Many Women Show off Cleavage in Church?

Can't answer that one.  I haven't been to an institutional church for so many years now I couldn't tell you how they dress but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Patric

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 09:09:56 PM »

Did not read one post here.....but it has 20 replies and 254 views...so this is obviously the most carnal topic on the board.....and our spiritual minds want answers! :p go figure

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 10:33:15 PM »

nice catch there patric.

claudia
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.