bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Do So Many Women Show off Cleavage in Church?  (Read 14462 times)

Pierdut

Re: Why Do So Many Women Show off Cleavage in Church?
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 12:27:45 AM »

Why Do So Many Women Show off Cleavage in Church?

To try and get me to go back to church?  Not gonna work. ;P

Nathan

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 12:34:07 AM »

Isn't this the required attire of a "whorehouse" ?!

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 11:14:54 AM »

Isn't this the required attire of a "whorehouse" ?!

That's the best answer yet.

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 04:42:37 AM »

Hi,

Hmmm.  So am i missing something here. i think so. When the English came here to New Zealand  some 150 odd years ago. our Maori people never wore any covering from the waist up. till the  so  called church said by thier teaching's  false as  that they must cover thier bodys to the women that was,  why.   why should we because some fool says so. what right has the church any way , they did not understand our people yet forced them to comply to .... thier .... teaching .

Our breasts are to feed our young they are not sex objects .  oh yes the bit im missing men get on the case & say they are, so cover up. man to day has not got it right & never will .

what was given to us has been used against us for sexual reasons what was natural  has been made into other than what was normal. so my ? will be how does one see the nudest camps .

What a pity men can not accept our beauty given to us & not use us to abuse us, for thier own ends, I work with women who have been abused , so i know whats going on, & what its like as well.

...noeleena...

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 05:13:23 AM »

Yeah......I think if this is the case a certain book from the bible should be removed and other verses - they seem to imply more than just feeding the young. I won't quote them but they are easy enough to find. Perhaps less said the best but I'm a man and can't help what I am but look for the best in people whether they are female or male and keeping love in it's rightful place where it belongs.
🤫

indianabob

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 02:46:22 AM »

Hi Rhys,

If you refer to the Song of Solomon among others it is thought that this book is addressed to God's people by God to show his intense love toward all His people and to demonstrate how much God cherishes us even as a young man cherishes his virgin bride enough to give his life for her.... Written in terms to which the least experienced, even young couples can relate.

I note that we relate in two seeming different ways in that we are both the bride of Christ and also that we are IN Christ and he is IN us. It has to be that intimate in order to sustain the love.
Once that love is established there is no longer a need for the written law in our lives, because we henceforth live for one another, we are truly ONE flesh.

Of course I have not had the privilege of reading it in the Hebrew, but I think we need to realize that God made us and all of our physical properties, to work as a very strong attraction between men and women. An attraction that in many ways is too strong to easily control and direct in an honorable way. That is why self control is a high achievement e.g. governing our desire, our pride and our speech.

Loving anyone enough to lay down your life for them is not only exciting and demanding, it also is the supreme measure of human physical reward between two lovers.

AND without lovers, where would this old world be? It would be empty.

Love

I love you
Not only for what you are,
But for what I am
When I am with you.

I love you,
Not only for what
You have made of yourself,
But for what
You are making of me.

I love you
For the part of me
That you bring out;

I love you
For putting your hand
Into my heaped-up heart
And passing over
All the foolish, weak things
That you can't help
Dimly seeing there,

And for drawing out
Into the light
All the beautiful belongings
That no one else had looked
Quite far enough to find

I love you because you
Are helping me to make
Of the lumber of my life
Not a tavern
But a temple.

Out of the works
Of my every day
Not a reproach
But a song.

I love you
Because you have done
More than any creed
Could have done
To make me good.
And more than any fate
Could have done
To make me happy.

You have done it
Without a touch,
Without a word,
Without a sign.

You have done it
By being yourself.
Perhaps that is what
Being a friend means,
After all.

by Roy Croft
= = = =
Indiana Bob

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 02:49:04 PM »

John, how many times have I seen you type "Let the Spirit flow..." (or words to that effect) in cases where the thread goes off the original topic?  Several, at least.   :D 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ian 155

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 09:24:39 AM »

Which is a fascinating subject, in or out of church.

;D

Cleavage ....

Something you can look down on and approve of @ the same time
 ???
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:32:45 AM by Ian 155 »

dodrill

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 10:44:53 AM »

I like Noeleena's reply
I think in a restrictive society where women have to cover up (only showing their eyes) is because menfolk would blame the woman for himself not being able to control his natural manly urges. And in a culture where a man thinks he owns his wife - woman folk are seen as a possession. It is a male dominated society that produces these thoughts of blatant sexuality - either seeing to much or too little of the female form - and then not being able to BEHAVE - ;D - as for the busty womenfolk - take grandmas advice - aren't you cold honey? ... my thoughts ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:04:05 AM by hayley »

indianabob

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 03:38:20 AM »

Not to veer off of the thread any further, BUT
When God created these full tribes of proto-humans he had to instill some form of motivation in order that they would reproduce and spread over the earth.

Most males of that era were and still are motivated by perceived selfish needs.
If it was not for the strong desire and the visual stimulation of the female form, most men would hunt and fish and smoke and drink any alcoholic concoction that they could conjure up.

Making "LOVE" and producing dependents is the furthest thing from their minds until it happens and is then soon forgotten until the next pretty woman passes by.
It is only the continuing desire and "need" for sex that motivates most fellows to accept and even seek a life's companion and several mouths to feed.
Sure, there are exceptions, but we can count them on our two hands.

But then as you may have noticed, God makes the little ones very attractive and desirable to hold and play with and to share a dad's unrealized childhood dreams of adventure and competition with his neighbors. So that once Dad holds the carbon copy of himself he becomes addicted and hooked for life. It also helps that the child worships Dad & Mom as if they were Demi Gods.

If it was not for that inherent nature of the male, the human race would not have grown to the size that it has.

No offense ladies, but not many hairy, bearded guys are chased down and caught like Daisy Mae chased Lil Abner from Dogpatch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li'l_Abner

ez2u

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 10:18:25 AM »

this is not an easy subject too much carnality in the minds of people.  I agree with Kat what she said was correct women are very fierce when it come to taking new territory and the church is the worst place to try and be a true Christian. When you walk in His ways  you will be hurt and trample upon by the other women.God help us!  Its not just about cleavage but the mind set which is very disturbing to me. Noaleena we don't live in that social make up. the past is gone and we are in the present time.  why waste your mind on those wounds of the past they are not yours.  Why are the men on this forum so waving with jokes ect about breast?  Breast are the nurturing comfort of the world and as a women I would want respect,yes respect concerning the body parts that God has given me.  A Godly man would do that control themselves and their carnal minds and ask the Lord to teach them His ways. maybe you will be mad at me but I believe I speak the Truth

Ian 155

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 05:15:11 PM »

are u saying is it is cool to flaunt it, if you got it ?

in keeping with da subject matter I mean why do they ?
I don't know that women actually do, but the author seems to think so
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.