bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 41,000 Christian Denominations  (Read 4870 times)

se7en

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
41,000 Christian Denominations
« on: July 30, 2013, 05:27:47 PM »

I had to research this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Note: This is not a complete list, but aims to provide a comprehensible overview of the diversity among denominations of Christianity. As there are reported to be approximately 41,000 Christian denominations,[2] many of which cannot be verified to be significant, only those denominations with Wikipedia articles will be listed in order to ensure that all entries on this list are notable and verifiable.

41,000 denominations.... 41,000!!

The number is getting larger!
~Se7en

Nathan

Re: 41,000 Christian Denominations
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »

I had to research this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Note: This is not a complete list, but aims to provide a comprehensible overview of the diversity among denominations of Christianity. As there are reported to be approximately 41,000 Christian denominations,[2] many of which cannot be verified to be significant, only those denominations with Wikipedia articles will be listed in order to ensure that all entries on this list are notable and verifiable.

41,000 denominations.... 41,000!!

The number is getting larger!

What's even more incredible, is that 99.999% of these 41,000 denominations all believe that man has a "free will"; believe that most of humanity will NOT be saved; believe that most of humanity will be barbecued alive for all eternity (a tiny percentage believe they'll be annihilated); almost all believe in the "trinity", original sin, Adam and Eve were made perfect, Satan created or became evil by his own free will (God did not create evil); God is operating a damage control center and is constantly having to resort to plan B; "Lucifer" became Satan; the antichrist is going to be a singular world ruler (a.k.a. the beast); dead people go to heaven or hell when they are DEAD; physical Israel, not spiritual Israel are God's chosen people; and so on and so on. I could list a couple dozen more doctrines that virtually all these denominations believe in.

41,000 branches of the same dead tree! 

believerchrist100

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »

41,000 branches of the same dead tree! 

Exactly! It's like Ray said in his article "Winning Souls For Jesus" (couple of excerpts posted here): http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm

"…SHALL HE FIND FAITH ON THE EARTH?"

Here is a prophecy of Jesus concerning how much faith He expected to find on earth when He comes to establish His Kingdom in the earth:

"And shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man comes, shall He find FAITH on the earth? (Luke 18:7-8).

The answer of course is: "Little: He shall not find but very little faith." But don’t take my word for it. Notice what Dr. Strong says regarding this word ara translated "shall" in the King James:

G687 a???a ara ar'-ah "A form of G686, denoting an interrogation to which a negative answer is presumed: - therefore."

This Greek word "PRESUMES a NEGATIVE answer." Jesus asked a rhetorical question the answer to which was obvious, and therefore needed no answer—OF COURSE He will find virtually no faith on the earth when He comes! That is because "many are called but few are chosen." And only among the "few chosen" do we find the "chosen and faithful" (Rev. 17:14).

Many of these two billion Christians are the result of huge winning souls for Jesus campaigns, rallies, revivals and conferences. They are counted as believers based on repeating some form of the sinner’s prayer. When tens of thousands are encouraged to repeat a sinner’s prayer at one of these evangelistic meetings, they are then pronounced "saved." But are they really? Only God is the final Judge, however, I have already shown you what the Scriptures say.

GOD PREDETERMINES WHO GETS SAVED AND WHEN

"Now we are aware that God [Who? GOD. Men—ourselves? NO—GOD] is working all together for the good of those who are loving God who are called according to the purpose that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren. Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls also, and whom He calls, these He justifies also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also" (Rom. 8:28-30, Concordant Literal New Testament).

It is ALL OF GOD. It is not wrong to tell others of your knowledge of God and His Word. It is not, however, your responsibility to "get people saved." Only God can do that.

It is GOD who does the calling:

"For ye see your calling brethren how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen [Who? ‘GOD’] the weak things of this world to confound the things which are mighty…" (I Cor. 1:26-27).

It is GOD who does the dragging:

"No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent Me, draw him [Gk: ‘drag him’]…" (John 6:44).

It is CHRIST Who chooses from those His Father dragged:

"Ye have not chosen Me, but I HAVE CHOSEN YOU…" (John 15:16).

Eventually this will include all mankind:

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me" (John 12:32).

And all will respond to God’s judgments and chastisements:

"That at the name of Jesus EVERY knee should bow, of those in heaven, and those in earth, and those under the earth; And that EVERY tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Phil. 2:10-11—See also Isa. 26:9b).

And let’s not forget:

"…no man CAN say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit" (I Cor. 12:3b).

Which is totally contrary to the horrible teachings of such men as John Hagee and Herbert W. Armstrong on this subject. Herbert Armstrong said: "Yes, every knee will bow, and if they don’t GOD WILL BREAK THEIR KNEES." Oh the unscriptural foolishness of carnal—minded men.

But do orthodox Christians believe that these Scriptures mean what they say? Of course not, and that is why they quote Phil. 2:12 "…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling," thinking that this takes Sovereignty away from God and places it back with man and his fabled "free will." Not so. They forget to read the next verse which tells us why we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling:

"For [‘for’ means ‘because’] it is GOD [Who? Man? NO! ‘GOD’] which works in you both TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »

I'm glad I belong to 0 of them

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.