bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: made of one blood all nations of men?  (Read 17269 times)

zvezda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
made of one blood all nations of men?
« on: July 31, 2013, 11:57:52 AM »

Acts 17:26

[KJB] And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

[NIV] From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

In Greek it doesn't say "one blood" or "one man", it only says "one" (henos).

My question:  was Paul talking about Adam or was he talking about Jesus in Acts 17:26?

The church uses this verse to teach that we all come from Adam, but as Ray said, if church teaches that, it's probably not true.

After studying Acts 17, I tend to think that verse 26 is about Jesus/salvation (one blood = Jesus' blood???) and has nothing to do with Adam.

Acts 17:18 ..... he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.
Acts 17:27  That they should seek the Lord, .....
Acts 17:28 ..... For we are also His offspring.
Acts 17:29 ..... we are the offspring of God, .....

Any thoughts?

zvezda

Re: made of one blood all nations of men?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »

Actually, the majority of the Greek manuscripts say "one blood".

There are over 5,000 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament.  Over 90% of those manuscripts say "one blood."

Thanks John. Where did you find the info? Can you please point me to the source?
What exactly is "one blood" anyway?

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 01:35:30 PM »

Hi zvezda,

I think Paul was speaking of "one blood," the human kind. The Jews called Gentiles dogs, considered them somehow sub-human.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

zvezda

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:26:04 PM »

Thanks Kat and John.
So looks like like Paul was saying "From one mankind He created all the nations...", it has nothing to do with Adam, right?

Kat

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »

Hi zvezda,

Well Adam is of the "one blood" as well. But seriously when you think that Paul is speaking to Jews and Gentiles, Paul was teaching something new to them, that the Gentiles, "every nation of men" are included in God's plan of salvation, not just the Jews.

Acts 17:26  And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth,

mercy, peace and love
Kat

zvezda

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 08:48:49 PM »

Hi Kat. Yeah, I think Paul was preaching the salvation to them, just that church says this is the verse to prove that we all came from Adam and hence Adam is the first man on earth, so I'd like to confirm that's not what Paul meant.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 09:01:55 PM »

Hi zvezda,

Well if you know the truth you can understand the meaning behind what Paul is saying there. But if you are blind to the truth and trying to understand doctrine with human reasoning, then you come up with things like that explanation. I don't think you can convince them otherwise either... they believe they have it right, just like you do. They have the whole church standing behind what they believe and well that's enough for them.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Nathan

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 12:26:48 AM »

Hi Kat. Yeah, I think Paul was preaching the salvation to them, just that church says this is the verse to prove that we all came from Adam and hence Adam is the first man on earth, so I'd like to confirm that's not what Paul meant.

These same Christians also still believe that a Jew is of the bloodline of Abraham - an outward Jew. They still fail to see that "he is a Jew, which is one inwardly...in the spirit". I can see how this would be tough for some of the Jews to accept 2,000 years ago, but today for Christians (spiritual Jews) to not comprehend this basic spiritual understanding and still refer to physical Jews as the "chosen people", it's like Esau handing over his birthright to Jacob.

Christians know all about flesh and blood, but know nothing about spirit and truth.

Pierdut

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 01:01:08 AM »

I can't accept that ("of one blood") as being literal, so there has to be a proper translation somwhere, especially since it also says that God has set the boundaries of their lands, etc. It doesn't make sense to seperate sameness.

If we were all of one blood we'd all be the same, there'd be only one race. We'd be all white, or all black, or all yellow, etc.
It is demonstrably false to say that we're all of "one blood."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:03:44 AM by Pierdut »

Nathan

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 01:37:01 AM »

I can't accept that ("of one blood") as being literal, so there has to be a proper translation somewhere, especially since it also says that God has set the boundaries of their lands, etc. It doesn't make sense to separate sameness.

If we were all of one blood we'd all be the same, there'd be only one race. We'd be all white, or all black, or all yellow, etc.
It is demonstrably false to say that we're all of "one blood."

Pierdut,

Take a look at this previous thread - you may change your mind regarding your assertion that it is demonstrably false to say we are "one blood".

There is only one race - the human race.

http://forums.bible-truths./index.php/topic,4451.msg34235.html#msg34235

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing the insight God has given you.  I've been perusing your emails and replies for several days now and have finally come across a topic I thought I may actually be able to provide Insight to YOU for a change.   
                A Lady Named Karen Asked you where the "races" or different skin colors came from.  It is important to understand firstly that there is NO SUCH THING as "RACE" as it is taught .  The modern concept of "race" was invented by evolutionist racists who sought to prove that people who looked different were evolutionarily inferior.  Ask any evolutionist where races came from and they will either say Divergent Evolution (one common "missing link" branched off) or Convergent Evolution ( Different "missing links" all evolved into the same basic shapes).  It is easy to see how NEITHER of these GUESS ES claims that all people are in fact ONE people and therefore cannot be said to have been "Created Equal".  But I digress.  I'm sure you're already all too well aware of the evil and RIDICULOUS nature of evolution.
                A simple study of genetics will tell you that it is IMPOSSIBLE to add traits to a gene pool, you may only TAKE THEM AWAY through selective breeding.  Take a course in animal husbandry at your local college, or just go ask an AKC DOG BREEDER where BREEDS came from because that’s what the so called "races actually are, different BREEDS of human.  Long ago there was a type of dog much like a modern lab but it came in many different colors.  1 liter of puppies would yield spotted dogs, black dogs, tan dogs, etc.  Breeders picked ONE color they liked and only bred the dogs with the desired color.  After a few generations the "Purebred" Black Lab was declared it's own BREED.  Nothing was Ad d ed to the genetic pool.  All of the other colors were removed.  It would only take ONE breeding to yield puppies of more than one color again.
                Hopefully no one is offended by my comparison of dogs to humans.  But the principle is identical.  When god created man he instilled the necessary genetic code for EVERY variation seen .  While all mankind spoke the same language and lived close together there was no need for any of these traits to be removed.  However, after the tower of Babel, Mankind experienced the first Linguistic Isolation.  Only people who spoke the same language were likely to breed and there fore the genetic traits that were dominant in the Other languages, were lost to their gene pool.  Afterwards the earth was divided, casing Geographic Isolation.  People trapped together by mountain ranges, rivers and seas now had even SMALLER gene pools to draw from.  Also ther e was now a drastic climactic shift.  Some genetic traits made groups of people more comfortable in warm areas, and others more comfortable in the cold.  These people would naturally migrate to areas where the felt most comfortable. (creating the illusion to evolutionist that the climate dictated their appearance rather than the other way round).
                ANYWAY, I'll conclude as I know you're very busy.  IF so called Purebred dogs are allowed mate outside their breed their offspring is invariably healthier, stronger and more suited to survive.  The more they interbreed into so called "mutts" the closer they return to God's original Genetically TRUE creation.  The same is true for Humans.  There is no "Master Race" but rather, as language barriers and geographic barriers continue to fall, and the "races" continue to marry together and forget there difference we come closer to returning to the TRUE genetic poss ib ility of GOD.  I've tried not to get too long winded but I feel strongly on this subject as far too many people seem to have a question as to just WHO Jesus came to .  Mark tells us that Jesus said All the sins of  "The Sons of MAN" would be forgiven.  I'm no Hebrew scholar but I seem to remember being told that ADAM is Hebrew for MAN.  We are ALL the sons (and of course daughters) of ADAM.  THERE IS NOT ONE SHRED OF PROOF CONFIRMING ANY FACET OF MACROEVOLUTION.
                Thank you for your valuable time.  I hope this clears up some issues for a few of your readers.  The blatant lies of they who call themselves "scientists" are often stumbling blocks for those who would believe.
        Keep on taking their blinders off.
        Very Respectfully,

Thank you for your email and comments, Robert.
The most concise statement regarding the races is found in Acts 17:26 & 28--"And has made of ONE BLOOD ALL NATIONS OF MEN...For we [all of us; all races; all nations] are also HIS OFFSPRING."
        God be with you,
        Ray

PS   See a thesaurus and try and find a better word for "race" that carries the same connotation, and each one of them comes up short or more limiting that the word "race"-- people, nationality, cast, variety, type, mankind, tribe, group, ethnic stock, class, kind, nation, folk, gene pool, pedigree, lineage, community, inhabitants, population, populace, public, clan, breeding population, etc. Laws now prohibit racial prejudice, which seems rather silly, seeing that we are ALL OF THE  "H-U-M-A-N  RACE!"  Why doesn't the law read that we are not to discriminate against anyone who is a "HUMAN BEING?"
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:39:15 AM by Nathan »

Pierdut

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 02:11:36 AM »

There's no such thing as the "human race" only the human species which is comprised of different races (or sub-species) and it is the same with animals too. Only a fool would suggest that lions and tigers are the same just because they're both cats, or dogs are like wolves, behavioural wise and otherwise because lo and behold, they can interbreed with each other.

That Robert is one sick puppy and is in line with the communists of the previous century and with the modern sick society which additionally  waves the same sex banner and bestiality and paedophilia are next.

"Racist" was a smear word created by the evil commie Jew Trotsky. Now they also have "homophobe." Soon they'll have smear words against normals that are also against bestiality and paedophilia. Are you down with the sickness? Forgot who sings that song - but it's a sick, sick, world.

I can get you much better proofs that race is real, but a.) I don't have a computer at the moment, and b.) it would just get deleted anyway, just like this post.

I think I'm done here. If you support race-mixing and all the other degeneracy that's going on in the world today then it doesn't make any more sense for me to be on this board than it does for me to be on some pro-bestiality board.

Evolution makes a heck of a lot more sense than "of one blood all nations of man" when reality says otherwise.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 02:41:32 AM »

Everyone has an idol of the heart, and it seems we've found yours.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Nathan

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 02:57:03 AM »

There's no such thing as the "human race" only the human species which is comprised of different races (or sub-species) and it is the same with animals too. Only a fool would suggest that lions and tigers are the same just because they're both cats, or dogs are like wolves, behavioural wise and otherwise because lo and behold, they can interbreed with each other.

That Robert is one sick puppy and is in line with the communists of the previous century and with the modern sick society which additionally  waves the same sex banner and bestiality and paedophilia are next.

"Racist" was a smear word created by the evil commie Jew Trotsky. Now they also have "homophobe." Soon they'll have smear words against normals that are also against bestiality and paedophilia. Are you down with the sickness? Forgot who sings that song - but it's a sick, sick, world.

I can get you much better proofs that race is real, but a.) I don't have a computer at the moment, and b.) it would just get deleted anyway, just like this post.

I think I'm done here. If you support race-mixing and all the other degeneracy that's going on in the world today then it doesn't make any more sense for me to be on this board than it does for me to be on some pro-bestiality board.

Evolution makes a heck of a lot more sense than "of one blood all nations of man" when reality says otherwise.

Wow Pierdut! Your true colors have shown through in your sick rant. Do you not know Scripture? Do you not know that Moses married an Ethiopian woman, which Aaron and Miriam disapproved of and Miriam was given leprosy. Miriam, you think being light-skinned is so much better - here's some leprosy for you.

Pierdut, the fact that you compare the inter-marriage of the various people on this planet (or "race mixing" as you call it) with pedophilia and bestiality is very sad. You will never be one of the chosen elect with that divisive idol of the heart. If you want to use color as a marker, I am a "white" guy and my wife is "black", "brown" and "white" - in your mind, she is the byproduct of something akin to bestiality and our marriage is "sick" in God's eyes.

Whether or not you continue on this board is up to you. I'm a newbie here and don't speak for all of the members. If this post isn't deleted, I'm sure others will give their own opinions.   

I'll pray for you...

Kat

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 11:40:01 AM »

Pierdut, God started His plan of salvation by revealing Himself to Adam and then worked through this pure race all the way down to the birth of the Messiah. All through the OT we see God's chosen people were of that particular line and this culminating down to the Jew in Jesus' time on earth. That was the old covenant.

Acts 3:25  You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, "And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.'

And here is how all nations blessed from Abraham's seed.

v. 26  To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities."

Gal 3:16  Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.

Now as Ray mentioned and science verifies that their were people before Adam, therefore nations not of that bloodline, where do they fit into the plan of salvation, since the chosen people were of Adam's line? Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles (Rom 11:13), he is saying to them, that the new covenant brings in the Gentiles and all nations of man, because they are all "one blood." The line from Adam down to Abraham and the Israelites were God's chosen people of the old covenant, but Jesus Christ brought in the new covenant by which all people can/will receive salvation, not just the line/blood from Adam-Abraham-Israelites-Jews.

Acts 28:28  "Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!"

1Co 12:13  For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free--and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

Gal 3:26  For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
v. 27  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
v. 28  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
v. 29  And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »

If I could trace my lineage back 20 generations, who mentioned in it would NOT be my family?  Do I have another 'category' for all my cousins who aren't direct paternal ancestors and call them something other than family?  Have I lost all 'genetic' relationship with them?

How are the genealogies of the bible different from that?  You know, there are FAR MANY more people from those same lines who are NEVER MENTIONED in scripture than those few who are.  They are cousins too. 

In my view, what is being reconciled is FAMILY.  I learned the RECONCILED and the FAMILY part here at BT.  I already knew what a genealogy was.  Our ultimate Father is GOD, not Adam. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

dodrill

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »

According to an international study of male DNA, nearly .5% of men, worldwide, carry Genghis Kahn's DNA
So 1 in every 200 men is a descendant of Genghis Khan

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/06/genghis-khan-facts/
http://www.omg-facts.com/Animals/1-In-Every-200-Men-Is-A-Descendant-Of-Ge/43205

Of course we are family and related :)

se7en

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 04:06:04 PM »

Now I know why I get the occasional sudden urge for meat on a bone and bashing something with a sword.
~Se7en

indianabob

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 01:12:19 AM »

Hi Se7en,
I think that everyone has that urge at some level, but we tend to cover it up. Even if it is just that we fear that someone will hit back.

It has been said that the measure of a man is what it takes to make him angry enough to lose control.

A very good example of that trait is what was found in the Lord Jesus, who while being mistreated to the extreme, had the power to flatten everyone in sight. Now that is the type of spiritual control that we will NEED to have after we are ordained and taken into the family of God. That is true and Godly love and it's source is Father God alone.

Indiana Bob

loretta

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 01:45:57 AM »

God started His plan of salvation by revealing Himself to Adam and then worked through this pure race all the way down to the birth of the Messiah. All through the OT we see God's chosen people were of that particular line and this culminating down to the Jew in Jesus' time on earth. That was the old covenant...Now as Ray mentioned and science verifies that their were people before Adam

There were people before Adam?  Now that makes sense, with Cain going out and marrying and procreating...  I always reasoned that God also created other people when he created Adam and Eve.  Kat, could I have the link to Ray's teaching on the subject?  Guess, he also seconds the old earth theory.

Of course we are family and related

We're connected genetically and spiritually.  I've never felt at home on any other forum than I feel here.  :) :) :)

In my view, what is being reconciled is FAMILY.  I learned the RECONCILED and the FAMILY part here at BT.

As an Indian, I think we are the most racist people on earth, with our caste system based on racial superiority.  I'd like to learn more about reconciliation and family that you wrote about Dave, a link perhaps to Ray's teaching.  I believe its more than just treating your fellow Christian as a brother.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 02:32:22 AM »

Loretta, I'm not sure a single link would cover it.  Stick around and read everything, and it will begin to make sense.  It's not hard to put two and two together.   :)  It may take some time, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.