bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: made of one blood all nations of men?  (Read 17266 times)

Pierdut

Re: made of one blood all nations of men?
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 02:57:57 AM »

I wanted to avoid talking about race on here but that didn't last very long. I said in another thread that there are certains things about me that are from a scriptural point of view contrary to being Christ's desciple; things I cannot change and which have no way out. Unlike my sexual sins which can be fixed once married to a woman, and it's then acceptable to God; this "idol of the heart" or whatever you want to call it I see no way of making it "acceptable." So if it's a "sin" I see no way of making it disappear. I can't just disregard everything I know, deny reality, and start believing falsehoods. But I am starting to no longer care because I have my own problems,  and so why should I care about the future of this country, of future generations; about the fate of this world? I can see society decaying before my very eyes - in America, in Europe, in Australia, etc.

I wish I never heard of God or Jesus or even this site, because I see people that are ignorant, are atheists, that never once prayed to God, never believed in Him and they have good and decent lives. Whereas my life is a mess, everything always goes horribly wrong for me (and again today, another disappointment) no matter how hard I try. So I have to conclude that God is working against me and not letting me succeed in life. You might say that it's because of my sins or whatever, but I tried to change and do better but I always ended up doing the same things I repented of. And the main reason for repenting was so that God would have mercy because life's become so unbearable, so miserable, so disappointing. So it seems like I am in limbo or something.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 04:42:43 AM »

Trust me, it's not that I have no compassion for you.  You are experiencing what I went through years ago, and it lasted for decades.  Ray said you cannot come to really love God until you have first hated Him.  Been there...done that.  The house we've built on the sand has to fall, and GREAT is the fall.

You had every intention, you say, of not bringing this up, but you did anyway.  You don't have a free will, and I'll let you know now I didn't believe for a minute you could go without bringing it up.

You think you have the answers for the world's problems, and if all those pesky OTHER people will just do right, the world would be better.  But you DON'T have them.  And you CAN'T have them.  Neither can I.  We are beasts.  GOD is God. 

Yes, the ungodly have easier lives often...not all, but many.  And we'll think that is unfair until we don't any more.  You "tried to change" and do better, but you CAN'T.  Neither can I by my own will.  But you WILL change.  Guaranteed.

You bemoan your life, and that's understandable.  You will think THAT is unfair until you don't any more.  You don't recognize the mercy God has already had on you.  And you are in limbo or something.  Salvation is a process.  It has a beginning and an end.  Most of us are somewhere in-between, hanging on by faith.

NOTHING is harder to get rid of than a deeply held set of beliefs.  I know this is true.  I grew up primarily in the American south, after all.  Even when we WANT to, we can't until they are replaced with the mind of Christ.  The "light" you think you have is darkness, but nobody will be able to convince you of that except the Spirit of God.  It's not love, peace, joy.  It's worry, indignation, and if not outright HATE, it's ignorance.

I'm not going to promise you an easy time of it, or predict how long it will take, but our Apostle Paul, before his conversion, had possibly a more deeply ingrained sense of "racial" separatism than you have, yet he is the one who declared us all of one blood.  He counted all that baggage that came before (and then some) as dung.  The Lord changed him, and He will change you too.

Stay or go.  It's your choice and you will make the one He has predetermined. 

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:52:29 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »

Hi Loretta,

You know it amazes me now how much I used to blindly accept that those 'learned' men of the church taught. When Ray brought up the idea that there were people before Adam, I remember thinking, wow that does make sense. It was at his 2008 Nashville conference when he was discussing a lot of scientific evidence that shows there was no worldwide flood that he mentioned this. Now he just briefly spoke about there were people long before Adam and did not get into any of the proof archaeologist has uncovered. But here is a few sections where he mentioned it.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9130.msg76395.html#msg76395 -----

Now I talked a little, not during the conference so much, but in some of the bull sessions in the evening we had. Where it was said, ‘were Adam and Eve the first humans?’ Well, I said, not necessarily and I gave numerous reasons for that. I thought of another one here just yesterday, so I’ll throw this out just for fun and just to think about. I’m not making some big stand on this.
v

Now when we come to Adam and Eve, He gives them a name and we know it’s just one. Are they the first ones though? Maybe not. Because we later have Cain, that says his sentence is too great, wherever I go, they will kill me (Gen. 4:13-14). Who will kill him? Who? There was only Abel and he killed Abel. So if there’s only Adam and Eve and their two sons, Cain and Abel… well Cain killed Abel, so now there’s only one man left, and his mother and father. He says to God, wherever I go, “anyone who finds me will kill me." Who? He killed the only other man alive on earth. Well if we interpret it that way, there are problems. Then Cain took a wife… so there’d be all these other things to contend with and so on. Alright.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8385.msg76394.html#msg76394 ------------

So He made the fowl of the air and the fish in the sea and on the next day before He made the first humans…  I’m not sure that was Adam and Eve, because Adam comes along in chapter 2.  But God said in verse 25, “And God made the wild-beast of the land after its kind, and the tame-beast after its kind, and every creeping thing of the ground, after its kind.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray was saying that he believes there is a significant amount of time between God creating male & female in Genesis chapter 1 and God making Adam & Eve in Genesis chapter 2. He also showed the Hebrew has different words to describe God 'creating' males & females in Genesis 1, compared to God 'making' Adam & Eve in Genesis 2.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9502.msg80842.html#msg80842--------

In Genesis it says, “in the beginning God created,“ the word is bara and it means to bring in something new, something really new. In Exodus 20, it says “for in six days God made…” First of all, even the translators knew not to put create. They put “created” in Genesis 1:1, but not in Exodus 20:11. Why didn’t they put, for in six days God created the heavens and the earth? Because He didn’t do that in six days.  Then what did He do in six days? He “made” the heavens and the earth. What’s the difference? All the difference in the world. 

In Genesis 1:1, He brought into existence everything that exists in the universe. From day one through day six He formed all of that into everything as we now see it in the universe. Two totally different operations. Totally, totally different, they are not synonymous. 

The word bara (created) and the word asah (made) are two different words and they mean two different things. In the beginning He created it all, it was all there. But it wasn’t until certain things transpired before He began His work of asah.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So anyway that does give you a lot to think about.

Hi Pierdut,

The sovereignty of God is a very hard thing to grasp on to and really believe. If you believe that God is sovereign than you know He is in control of everything "knowing the end from the beginning," and that what is happening is this world is according to HIS plan and we really have no say in the matter.

We can stand down here is all our self determined righteousness and tell Him how wrong He has gotten it, how messed up things are and if He would just listen to us we could tell Him what needs to be done to fix it... Can't you see how arrogant that attitude is, think about how He answered Job out of the whirlwind.

Job 38:1  Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:
v. 2  "Who is this who darkens counsel
       By words without knowledge?
v. 3  Now prepare yourself like a man;
       I will question you, and you shall answer Me.
v. 4  "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
       Tell Me, if you have understanding.
v. 5  Who determined its measurements?
       Surely you know!
       Or who stretched the line upon it?

What I'm trying to say is until you really let go of the idea that YOU can do anything right; in your life, for this society or anything at all, you will never be at peace. We are absolutely carnal minded, arrogant, ignorant beast, pure and simple, there is nothing good in us.

God has a plan... IT'S PERFECT! It doesn't matter if we can't understand it now or cannot comprehend why things must be as they are now, He is not going to deviate off course because we don't accept His sovereignty and wisdom in this.

The beast must be recognizing that you are getting close to the truth, because it sure is putting up a fight, it will not go down easily. Now I believe Ray said something about how hard getting saved is.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html -----------

“getting saved” is the hardest most difficult thing that any human being in the history of the universe will ever do. There is nothing harder than “getting saved.” Are you hearing me? It is the hardest thing any human being will ever do in all of eternity. It’s the ultimate hard task. But, when you read the scriptures, it doesn’t sound that way.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:26:31 PM by Kat »

microlink

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 01:25:44 PM »

Thanks Kat ,

Neat post and pretty long. Each time I re-read or re-listen to Rays material I glean additional information that I did not catch before.
The analysis of the creation of man is really a new way of looking at this that I did not see anyone even consider this idea before Ray's mentioning it.
Deep and insightful. I am still dwelling on Gen 1:25 and when that may have occurred, Gen. 2:7 and when that occurred. Likely not at the same time based on Ray's teaching. Still pondering these things. And the first time God calls the man Adam is in Gen 2:19.

I just listened to Ray first message from Nashville in 2007 and found that background interesting and he does mention you in that message. Keep up the good work.

Nathan

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 04:11:48 PM »

Let me throw this in the stew pot.

Adam is the Hebrew word for man, mankind, humankind.

Eve is the mother of all living.  If Eve came along after the creation of other humans, wouldn't that make her the mother of some of the living?

Very true. This could also tie in the term "one blood" to mean just what it says. The Genesis account definitely seems to point to pre-Adamic man, but there are Scriptures that make it difficult to have 100% certainty about this topic.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:48:30 PM by Nathan »

Kat

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »

John, I know this may just make it more convoluted, but I do consider much of Genesis a parable/allegory reflecting a higher spiritual truth. I realized this quickly in a study of Genesis.

Obviously many of these things are not literally real; the Tree of Life, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Satan a real snake, etc. But these symbols are so tightly intertwined with what is literal that it can only be unraveled by the Spirit of God. This is all intended of course to keep the world blind, hiding the truth in plain sight as it so happens to be.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

zvezda

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2013, 05:55:28 PM »

Eve is the mother of all living.  If Eve came along after the creation of other humans, wouldn't that make her the mother of some of the living?

Very true. This could also tie in the term "one blood" to mean just what it says. The Genesis account definitely seems to point to pre-Adamic man, but there are Scriptures that make it difficult to have 100% certainty about this topic.

As Kat pointed out, the Jews considered the Gentiles sub-human. That's why Paul used the term "one blood" to tell them that all nations of men (the Jews and the Gentiles) were human.

Actually what is "all living"? Does that include animals and plants?

I remember Ray said Adam ate the fruit because he knew Eve ate it and she was gonna die, he wanted to die with her.
So does anyone find it ironic that Adam didn't called Eve mother of all living when God first brought her to Adam, he called her that when he knew they were dying, right after God announced the punishments to them.

I could imagine Adam told Eve something like this:
Hey woman, we are gonna die, from now on, your name is Eve because you are the mother of all living.

Nathan

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2013, 07:35:08 PM »

As Kat pointed out, the Jews considered the Gentiles sub-human. That's why Paul used the term "one blood" to tell them that all nations of men (the Jews and the Gentiles) were human.

Paul wasn't speaking to the Jews when he made the statement about "one blood" - he was talking to the pagan Greeks. He was addressing these pagan Greeks right in the middle of Mars' Hill. Read for yourself:

Acts 17:

18 Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

19 And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

20 For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.

21 (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

So does anyone find it ironic that Adam didn't called Eve mother of all living when God first brought her to Adam, he called her that when he knew they were dying, right after God announced the punishments to them.

I could imagine Adam told Eve something like this:
Hey woman, we are gonna die, from now on, your name is Eve because you are the mother of all living.

You may have a point here, but if Adam did say "Hey woman, we are gonna die, from now on your name is Eve because..." - wouldn't it make more sense if he finished that statement with..."you are the mother of all DEAD."

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:37:48 PM by Nathan »

loretta

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 04:47:21 AM »

tks Dave, you bet I'm sticking around, unless God has predestined otherwise! :) :)

Tks Kat, for those links.  Its going to take awhile to get through them, but I will.

Oh Pierdut, you remind me so much of my teenage daughter (no offense pls, I don't mean the immaturity that is associated with teens or their giddiness - actually, she is so mature, much wiser than her years, she could pass of as a poster girl for Christendom! :) )  But even I, as her mother can see through her facade (remember, she's been brought up by the rules of the Book!) as every now and then, the evil in her breaks through, spewing venom.  I would have despaired, nay, I do despair - which born again, bible believing, no tongues here (!) mother would want her daughter to grow up all messed up, while the rest of the world has it all neatly tied up. But as Dave rightly pointed out you cannot come to really love God until you have first hated Him.  Been there...done that.  The house we've built on the sand has to fall, and GREAT is the fall.  Believe me, I'm dreading my daughter's fall (it's my ego, actually), but if it weren't for the knowledge of the sovereignty of God, the working all things together for good part, I would have been tearing out my hair.  Yes I am relatively new to BT, so I am still struggling to grasp on to and really believe the sovereignty of God, but the more I accept it, the more it comforts.

Ray said, "But who created this tree? God created this tree, right. Was this a good tree? Completely good? This is a tree of good and evil. Why in the world would God create a tree of Evil? Why would He create a tree of Good and Evil all in the same tree? Now, I could see a Tree of Good, and a Tree of Evil: eat the Good, but don’t eat the Evil. No, He put them both in the same tree! What? Do you understand the wisdom of this? This is not some stupid folklore where the guy got screwed up, He didn’t know how to separate Good and Evil so put them in the same tree…this is the wisdom of God! You can’t separate Good from Evil. You cannot come to a knowledge of Good without Evil. You cannot know Up unless you know what Down is. You don’t know what Sweet is unless you know what Sour is, or you would never know what sweet is."

Be encouraged Pierdut, you have tasted of the tree of good and evil like we all have, and acknowledging it, is what makes all the difference.  A world of a difference!

p.s. I'll be praying for you
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:24:13 AM by loretta »

onelovedread

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 10:20:26 AM »

Dave wrote:
[url][Trust me, it's not that I have no compassion for you.  You are experiencing what I went through years ago, and it lasted for decades.  Ray said you cannot come to really love God until you have first hated Him.  Been there...done that.  The house we've built on the sand has to fall, and GREAT is the fall.

You had every intention, you say, of not bringing this up, but you did anyway.  You don't have a free will, and I'll let you know now I didn't believe for a minute you could go without bringing it up.

You think you have the answers for the world's problems, and if all those pesky OTHER people will just do right, the world would be better.  But you DON'T have them.  And you CAN'T have them.  Neither can I.  We are beasts.  GOD is God. 

Yes, the ungodly have easier lives often...not all, but many.  And we'll think that is unfair until we don't any more.  You "tried to change" and do better, but you CAN'T.  Neither can I by my own will.  But you WILL change.  Guaranteed.

You bemoan your life, and that's understandable.  You will think THAT is unfair until you don't any more.  You don't recognize the mercy God has already had on you.  And you are in limbo or something.  Salvation is a process.  It has a beginning and an end.  Most of us are somewhere in-between, hanging on by faith.

NOTHING is harder to get rid of than a deeply held set of beliefs.  I know this is true.  I grew up primarily in the American south, after all.  Even when we WANT to, we can't until they are replaced with the mind of Christ.  The "light" you think you have is darkness, but nobody will be able to convince you of that except the Spirit of God.  It's not love, peace, joy.  It's worry, indignation, and if not outright HATE, it's ignorance.

I'm not going to promise you an easy time of it, or predict how long it will take, but our Apostle Paul, before his conversion, had possibly a more deeply ingrained sense of "racial" separatism than you have, yet he is the one who declared us all of one blood.  He counted all that baggage that came before (and then some) as dung.  The Lord changed him, and He will change you too.

Stay or go.  It's your choice and you will make the one He has predetermined.     /url]

Dave,
that response resonates deeply with me. I think this is the heart of the matter. It has definitely spoken to me. Thanks my friend.
One Love

Kat

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 10:44:53 AM »

Concerning this verse.

Gen 3:20  The man called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

Adam called her Eve... maybe because God brought her to him in the Evening. Just a thought.

Now the next part, "because she was the mother of all living." Who was making this comment, Adam or the writer of this book, Moses, many years later? If Moses then this was just in keeping with the comments that were made in many other places.

Gen 7:15  They went into the ark with Noah, two and two of all flesh in which there was the breath of life.

Gen 7:19  And the waters prevailed so mightily on the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered.

Gen 7:21  And all flesh died that moved on the earth, birds, livestock, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm on the earth, and all mankind.

The word "all" in these verses is not speaking of all there was on earth, as Ray's studies shows us about the waters of the flood. It seems to be speaking only about those people God is directly working with.

Just some observations i wanted to mention.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »

Mat 8:22  But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Who are the dead and who are the living?

Joel

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 01:32:38 PM »

God held no one accountable for sin before Adam, and Eve. ( no law ) Romans 5:13.
The scriptures show that Adam was the first man that God would deal with on a spiritual level. Romans 5 is a good study.
Paul called men he had dealings with in Ephesus ( beast ) 1st Corinthians 15:32
The serpent told Eve ( Ye shall not surely die: ) So from the time Adam and Eve broke God's commandment they started full blown sin with all the lies and deceptions. (DEATH)
Good point Dennis; " let the dead bury the dead. "
Did they die in that day, as in a sun up to sun down 24 hour period of time? no.
Did they die in "one day with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 peter 3:8. yes they did, Adam died at 930 yrs. Physically speaking the life is in the blood, but we must be born again of the Spirit in order to have real life.

Joel

loretta

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 06:41:20 AM »

God held no one accountable for sin before Adam, and Eve. ( no law ) Romans 5:13.

Interesting Joel, So, Genesis 2:17 was the first law of God that Adam transgressed? But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.  I didn't see that before, I always thought that the law came by Moses.

Mat 8:22  But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Who are the dead and who are the living?

This was one scripture that perplexed me for years, till one day, sitting in the catholic church at a family funeral, the light came on.  Here where I live, funerals are social events, with attendance upwards of 200 depending on the social standing of the deceased, with packed cathedrals, an entourage of clergy and people bedecked in funeral finery.  The officiating priest was extolling the virtues of the deceased, praising her good works, especially her financial contributions to the church.  And I thought, why doesn’t he preach the gospel to this lost and dying crowd.  Then I understood what Jesus meant when he said, let the dead bury their dead.  All those folk, were spiritually dead come to bury their physically dead.

Ofcourse, now I know that they are not lost, and that we are all dying!  Yet, as called out and chosen ones, we are not to be spiritually or temporally yoked to those who are spiritually dead, whose spirits are not awakened to kinship with God.  Under the law, the priests were not permitted to attend burials and were considered unclean if they did come in contact with a corpse.  For the same reason why menstruating women were not allowed into the tabernacle until they were cleansed because menstrual blood represented death or lack of life (the shedding of the unfertilized egg).  The priests, as mediators of the old covenant were also not allowed to cut themselves or carry any sign of death or mourning on their person.  Likewise I beleive that as priests under the new covenant, we have to be separate from anything that is spiritually dead (the unregenerate) or has the potential to bring death to our spirits (rituals, traditions).  For this reason, apart from an occasional wedding or funeral, I do not attend any religious ceremonies - child baptisms, first communions, confirmation, novenas, festas and we have plenty of them in my local community.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:35:53 AM by loretta »

microlink

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »

Were there men (humans) before the creation of Adam and Eve?
We know there were beings (creatures) that had man like features long before the creation of Adam and Eve.
Science tells us of beings like the Cro-Magnon, Neanderthal, Peking man, etc. This would be many thousands of millennia before the creation of man and would become extinct. Science and scripture do not conflict as Ray pointed out.
But they certainly were not "human in that they did not have the "spirit in man".
So the question is: were there men before Adam and Eve? Ray suggested that there were and that may be so.
Eve is called the mother of all living (concordant says :" for she becomes the mother of all the living". If this refers to men who had the spirit of man in them, then how could there be men (humans) before Eve gave birth to children?
Cain was her firstborn and Able came later. In Gen 4:3 we find that some period of time elapsed before Cane slew Able. In that period, however long it may have been (Youngs  says " And it cometh to pass at the end of days "), many more children could have been born and were inhabiting the earth after the first two born of Eve.  After all it does take a length of time for resentment to build to the point of hatred that Cain felt. Perhaps years and years. That could be why Cain said in Gen 4:14 after he killed Able   - ... every one that finds me shall slay me.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, are Gen 1:26 and Gen 2:7 speaking of the same event?
I am of the opinion that in Gen 1:26-27 God created (is creating as Ray explains from the original Hebrew) man in His image is referring to Adam and his progeny.

Kat

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 01:13:27 PM »

Hi microlink,

So you think that these beings that descended from the early man, that science has proven were here and would still be around the earth at Adam's time, were not human? There were people on every continent by then, certainly not from Adam. What you're saying is right in line with what the church teaches, that there was no man/human on earth when Adam was created. Of course now they have even lost sight that there was any other people at all at that time, but I think that the Apostles and the early church certainly understood these things. So there was all these people and you think they did not have the spirit of a human it them, that is exactly what history show us that the Jews thought of the Gentiles (dogs) and the church carried that same thought on about the pagans? We see it in the Scripture and throughout history, if you notice how other people were treated and look down upon.

In the OT God has a chosen people where He begins His plan of salvation starting with Adam - Noah - Abraham - children of Israel on down to the Jews which Jesus was born through and they all thought of the rest of mankind as you are saying, as sub-human, not in line for salvation.

That is what Jesus Christ charged with the New Covenant, that there was not a certain or particular race of people that was God's chosen. It is not the physical that saves you, but the spiritual. That is exactly what Paul is addressing with the comment "one blood."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 12:57:50 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 01:43:52 PM »

(CLV):

Luk 3:23 And He, Jesus, when beginning, was about thirty years old, being a son (as to the law) of Joseph, of Eli, of Matthat, of Levi,
Luk 3:24 of Melchi, of Jannai, of Joseph,
Luk 3:25 of Mattathias, of Amos, of Nahum, of Esli, of Naggai,
Luk 3:26 of Maath, of Mattithiah, of Shemei, of Josech, of Joda,
Luk 3:27 of Joanna, of Rhesa, of Zerubbabel, of Shalthiel, of Neri,
Luk 3:28 of Melchi, of Addi, of Cosam, of Elmadam, of Er,
Luk 3:29 of Jesus, of Eliezer, of Jorim, of Matthat, of Levi,
Luk 3:30 of Simeon, of Judah, of Joseph, of Jonam, of Eliakim,
Luk 3:31 of Melea, of Menna, of Mattathah, of Nathan, of David,
Luk 3:32 of Jesse, of Obed, of Boaz, of Salmon, of Nahson,
Luk 3:33 of Amminadab, of Admein, of Arni, of Hezron, of Pharez, of Judah,
Luk 3:34 of Jacob, of Isaac, of Abraham, of Tera, of Nahor,
Luk 3:35 of Serug, of Reu, of Peleg, of Eber, of Shelah,
Luk 3:36 of Cainan, of Arphaxad, of Shem, of Noah, of Lamech,
Luk 3:37 of Methuselah, of Enoch, of Jared, of Maleleel, of Cainan,
Luk 3:38 of Enosh, of Seth, of Adam, of God."

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. "
Joh 1:2 This was in the beginning toward God.
Joh 1:3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being."

This is also a 'geneaology'. 

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1Jn 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God among us, that God has dispatched His only-begotten Son into the world that we should be living through Him."

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

microlink

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »

Hi Kat
Thanks for your quick response.
If you are saying that the following scriptures refer to the man before Adam and Eve, like the Neanderthal etc then I agree with you. Still thinking. Thanks
Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30  And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31  And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day

Kat

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 02:56:10 PM »

No I'm not talking about Neanderthal, which is known to have gone extinct. As Ray indicated I believe there were people/humans living all around the earth at the time Adam and Eve were created.

It is very hard to look at Scripture and not see it through the glasses of the deeply ingrained influences of what we learned in church. This idea that Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth is so totally believed by almost everybody and it's also laced into every aspect of what they believe and teach. All of their false beliefs are so tightly interwoven together that to believe 1 aspect you must accept the rest or it won't hold together. That is the house built on sand...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:00:15 PM by Kat »

zvezda

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 01:07:31 AM »

What does it mean to be human from scientists view:
http://humanorigins.si.edu/human-characteristics

I was reading the "Brains" section (http://humanorigins.si.edu/human-characteristics/brains)
It says there's a sudden increase in brain size, especially between 800,000 and 200,000 years ago.

At the bottom of the page, it says:
"Large brains mean large heads, making childbirth more difficult and painful for human mothers than for other primates."

I was wondering if that's how God increased Eve's pain in childbirth - by increasing the brain size.
But then the timing doesn't seem right, since the rapid increase happened between 800,000 and 200,000 years ago.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.