bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another prayer request  (Read 6812 times)

Addison

Another prayer request
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:25:52 PM »

I also need a job.

I have a college degree in health psychology, which apparently you can't do a whole lot with unless you go on to do more school and pursue a masters degree or PHD, which I don't think is my calling. I pray about this all the time but I'm still a 24 year old living with my parents. I have had jobs at restaurants and stuff but sometimes I have difficulty holding a job due to personal problems.

I pray about this all the time but I haven't seemed to figure out yet. I really want to get my stuff together, so please pray for me about this. I want to be independent and be able to live a somewhat normal life.

Thanks,

Addison

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Another prayer request
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:52:12 AM »

hi addison.  i will pray for you and your needs.  praise God the Father that He knows what each of us need.  and, exactly when we need it. 

claudia

Addison

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:02:01 AM »

hi addison.  i will pray for you and your needs.  praise God the Father that He knows what each of us need.  and, exactly when we need it. 

claudia

Thanks Claudia.

If it were my will I would have been able to stay in Austin and find work there  :-\

Maybe in the future, if it's God's will.

gregorydc

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:05:16 AM »

Addison,
  I will also pray that God bless you with a job to take care of your needs. Maybe this part about staying with your parents is a blessing already. Use your time with them well because they will not be here forever. (Not trying to be a damper or a sender of bad tidings)  I know God will give you what you need, He loves you dearly. Gods will be done.
Greg

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 06:22:30 PM »

Praying for you too friend

We are often in a place in our lives that we don't want to be in and wish things were different but we need to trust God that every day He is doing His will in us and even though this is hard sometimes it is of Him and He is in control. We may think we know best but only God does. It's the potter and clay thing. He shapes us to what He has desired for us and won't fail in doing so. Worry not for He has you in His hands. I too have done various things in life and courses that I no longer use. I think why did I waste so many years doing that - all seems a bit pointless until later when you see the lessons learned and they are not often what you thought they would be. Suddenly something will come to you and you realise well it was good that I went through that or how would I have known how to deal with this situation now. Thing is at the time we don't see it but God does and already knows why we are going through what we are facing. It's hard to see through the mist and with so many obstacles in the way how do you get through. We get through because He leads us through - the pathway is clear from His perspective.

Continue to rest and trust in Him, the world may say all sorts of things and your own mind but He who started a good work in you will complete that work in His perfect way and time.

Blessings to you

Rhys
🤫

gerard_dsouza

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 10:07:09 PM »

Hi Addison,

I have had jobs at restaurants and stuff but sometimes I have difficulty holding a job due to personal problems.

Addison, I will pray for you that God gives you wisdom and strength to maintain a job and also find good employment, where you can mature and settle down. I can sympathize with you. Sometimes our person weakness posses a hindrance to us progressing and being at rest. Take one day at a time, pray for your parents and those who took care of you. I am sure God will give you Grace (help and divine intervention on your heart) to bless them in the future. Listen to what they suggest to you.

There are a number of distinct specialty areas within health psychology:
Subfields Within Health Psychology
•Clinical Health Psychology: This subfield of health psychology is strongly linked to clinical psychology and involves activities such as psychotherapy, behavior modification and health education.
•Community Health Psychology: Individuals working in this subfield of health psychology often focus on developing interventions and prevention techniques at the community-level. These professionals may conduct assessments of communities or work with groups to encourage healthy behaviors or promote behavior change.
•Public Health Psychology: These health psychology professionals focus on understanding health at the population-level and often offer advice to health care professionals, government agencies and health educators.
•Occupational Health Psychology: This is an emerging subfield within health psychology that incorporates industrial-organizational psychology and related disciplines. Occupational health psychologists focus on understanding how workplace issues are linked to both physical and mental illness.

In which areas did you do your degree in, I am sure if you do your research you will find a good job in a area that has demand presently. Also look at the option of working abroad.  For that you need to be able to take care of yourself (physically and emotionally) especially being able to maintain a job.

I found from my experience most of the training spiritually I got from my work place. I am so glad that I never went for full time work in Christian circles. I had a tempting offer once when I was based in Dubai and I became a believer at age 22. I wanted to do something big for the Lord. Here comes a man who was from one of US cities and affiliated to a big bible school. He asked me that I was willing to come to join the bible school and figure out my ministry. The Lord told me no, as I had at that time the burden of taking care of my family (two younger brothers and my mom) as my Dad passed away at age 21. I started taking care of them since age 18.
Now I am 49 with a son (age 21) and daughter (age 18).
God has been very good to me and I am surprised on who all he sent my way to mentor me and guide me. You are so blessed to listen and read what is on bible-truth.com.  I was associated with a great bible teacher "Zac Poonen" in India and his teaching for many years I thought was the ultimate truth. You will be able to find his web site, he places all his books, audio and video on his web site for free. he also never had full time workers. he never got a salary and no one else also did. he has supported and mentored over 70 churches in India and other parts of the world now. I am so glad I learnt from Zac than in the bible schools and he was a mentor to me. He preached a lot on Grace (as help) and also on New Covenant.
When I started understanding the errors I had accumulated in my understanding due to many traditions of Christianity, in the past 16 years (between year 1986 to 2000) some time in the year 2000 onwards, this lead for me to be alone and never be part of any church. So in a sense I am living in the wilderness. My children never went to church since 2002 onwards and therefore have now kind of adapted atheist views like everyone else. In a way I can say I failed to help them to know Jesus Christ. God never lead me to do that for some reason and never placed a burden. I was so much shattered with all the failures in the past in the church ministry process in Dubai and never went back to ministry. I lead a small group at my home and never was a paid worker doing God's work. I ended ministry work in 1997 when group split and never entered into ministry since then. Been now alone in the wilderness with my wife.

My profession was in the Bank and mostly has been in areas of: operations and technology in many business areas in the bank, now I am in the profession of a Business Analyst. I person who never finished High School (finished only up to grade 10), also never done a undergraduate degree.
I was born in Pakistan, grew up in Dubai (Middle East from age 11) and migrated to Canada in 1999 (age 36 or so) and now I am a Canadian citizen. I managed to do my Master of Science in Software Engineering through online studies through University of Liverpool, UK, as a part time study initiative along side a full time job (40 hours a week). Doing 20 hours of study per week in evenings and weekends, when doing modules and finally finished this in 2011 after a period of 3 years of study. God always lead me to do what helped me in my future and I never realized what I was really doing, achieving and going in my life.

After reading the book Creation Jubilee by Stephen Jones, my whole perspective changed on God. I saw God much bigger than what I originally saw him. I came across Ray web site (bible-truths.com) around 2001/2, and then the Lord only made me focus on reading Stephen Jones material on GodsKingdom Ministries. I only came back here this year June or so to read Ray's material. The reading was blessed and I missed understanding what Ray was about. You will find a lot here for your life ahead.

Correction: I am learning to be content (have a long way to go) at this stage in my life and I want to be a overcomer and partake of the Grace of God.
God Resists the proud and God gives Grace only to the humble.
I pray that God will help you ahead brother and guide you. I am writing this for your encouragement.
I will pray that God will give you a job soon.
God is Love.
Gerry
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:34:37 PM by Gerry from Toronto »

se7en

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 12:08:49 PM »

Addison,

I will pray also for you! My wife has a biochemistry bachelor's and was having some of the same problems. Wondering what field she would like to get into.

The Public Health and Safety department within your city/area should accept a health/psychology degree as is!  My wife looked into it, and it's absolutely an option for you to persue if that is something The Lord is leading you to look into.

I hope this helps in a way of offering an option you may have not known existed.
~Se7en

gerard_dsouza

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 04:30:57 PM »

Hi John,
I see what you are saying and yes for sure there can be lots of errors on Zac Web site. Also pointing out others web sites may not be beneficial.
Let me stop here and agree with you John.
Regards, Gerry
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:06:44 PM by Gerry from Toronto »

Addison

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »

Addison,
  I will also pray that God bless you with a job to take care of your needs. Maybe this part about staying with your parents is a blessing already. Use your time with them well because they will not be here forever. (Not trying to be a damper or a sender of bad tidings)  I know God will give you what you need, He loves you dearly. Gods will be done.
Greg

Thanks Gregory.

I definitely have no problem staying with my parents- I am living rent free and they have a really nice house and lots of good/free food! haha! The only problem is that THEY want me out- understandably so.

Praying for you too friend

We are often in a place in our lives that we don't want to be in and wish things were different but we need to trust God that every day He is doing His will in us and even though this is hard sometimes it is of Him and He is in control. We may think we know best but only God does. It's the potter and clay thing. He shapes us to what He has desired for us and won't fail in doing so. Worry not for He has you in His hands. I too have done various things in life and courses that I no longer use. I think why did I waste so many years doing that - all seems a bit pointless until later when you see the lessons learned and they are not often what you thought they would be. Suddenly something will come to you and you realise well it was good that I went through that or how would I have known how to deal with this situation now. Thing is at the time we don't see it but God does and already knows why we are going through what we are facing. It's hard to see through the mist and with so many obstacles in the way how do you get through. We get through because He leads us through - the pathway is clear from His perspective.

Continue to rest and trust in Him, the world may say all sorts of things and your own mind but He who started a good work in you will complete that work in His perfect way and time.

Blessings to you

Rhys

Thanks Rhys.
Hi Addison,

I have had jobs at restaurants and stuff but sometimes I have difficulty holding a job due to personal problems.

Addison, I will pray for you that God gives you wisdom and strength to maintain a job and also find good employment, where you can mature and settle down. I can sympathize with you. Sometimes our person weakness posses a hindrance to us progressing and being at rest. Take one day at a time, pray for your parents and those who took care of you. I am sure God will give you Grace (help and divine intervention on your heart) to bless them in the future. Listen to what they suggest to you.

There are a number of distinct specialty areas within health psychology:
Subfields Within Health Psychology
•Clinical Health Psychology: This subfield of health psychology is strongly linked to clinical psychology and involves activities such as psychotherapy, behavior modification and health education.
•Community Health Psychology: Individuals working in this subfield of health psychology often focus on developing interventions and prevention techniques at the community-level. These professionals may conduct assessments of communities or work with groups to encourage healthy behaviors or promote behavior change.
•Public Health Psychology: These health psychology professionals focus on understanding health at the population-level and often offer advice to health care professionals, government agencies and health educators.
•Occupational Health Psychology: This is an emerging subfield within health psychology that incorporates industrial-organizational psychology and related disciplines. Occupational health psychologists focus on understanding how workplace issues are linked to both physical and mental illness.

In which areas did you do your degree in, I am sure if you do your research you will find a good job in a area that has demand presently. Also look at the option of working abroad.  For that you need to be able to take care of yourself (physically and emotionally) especially being able to maintain a job.

I found from my experience most of the training spiritually I got from my work place. I am so glad that I never went for full time work in Christian circles. I had a tempting offer once when I was based in Dubai and I became a believer at age 22. I wanted to do something big for the Lord. Here comes a man who was from one of US cities and affiliated to a big bible school. He asked me that I was willing to come to join the bible school and figure out my ministry. The Lord told me no, as I had at that time the burden of taking care of my family (two younger brothers and my mom) as my Dad passed away at age 21. I started taking care of them since age 18.
Now I am 49 with a son (age 21) and daughter (age 18).
God has been very good to me and I am surprised on who all he sent my way to mentor me and guide me. You are so blessed to listen and read what is on bible-truth.com.  I was associated with a great bible teacher "Zac Poonen" in India and his teaching for many years I thought was the ultimate truth. You will be able to find his web site, he places all his books, audio and video on his web site for free. he also never had full time workers. he never got a salary and no one else also did. he has supported and mentored over 70 churches in India and other parts of the world now. I am so glad I learnt from Zac than in the bible schools and he was a mentor to me. He preached a lot on Grace (as help) and also on New Covenant.
When I started understanding the errors I had accumulated in my understanding due to many traditions of Christianity, in the past 16 years (between year 1986 to 2000) some time in the year 2000 onwards, this lead for me to be alone and never be part of any church. So in a sense I am living in the wilderness. My children never went to church since 2002 onwards and therefore have now kind of adapted atheist views like everyone else. In a way I can say I failed to help them to know Jesus Christ. God never lead me to do that for some reason and never placed a burden. I was so much shattered with all the failures in the past in the church ministry process in Dubai and never went back to ministry. I lead a small group at my home and never was a paid worker doing God's work. I ended ministry work in 1997 when group split and never entered into ministry since then. Been now alone in the wilderness with my wife.

My profession was in the Bank and mostly has been in areas of: operations and technology in many business areas in the bank, now I am in the profession of a Business Analyst. I person who never finished High School (finished only up to grade 10), also never done a undergraduate degree.
I was born in Pakistan, grew up in Dubai (Middle East from age 11) and migrated to Canada in 1999 (age 36 or so) and now I am a Canadian citizen. I managed to do my Master of Science in Software Engineering through online studies through University of Liverpool, UK, as a part time study initiative along side a full time job (40 hours a week). Doing 20 hours of study per week in evenings and weekends, when doing modules and finally finished this in 2011 after a period of 3 years of study. God always lead me to do what helped me in my future and I never realized what I was really doing, achieving and going in my life.

After reading the book Creation Jubilee by Stephen Jones, my whole perspective changed on God. I saw God much bigger than what I originally saw him. I came across Ray web site (bible-truths.com) around 2001/2, and then the Lord only made me focus on reading Stephen Jones material on GodsKingdom Ministries. I only came back here this year June or so to read Ray's material. The reading was blessed and I missed understanding what Ray was about. You will find a lot here for your life ahead.

Correction: I am learning to be content (have a long way to go) at this stage in my life and I want to be a overcomer and partake of the Grace of God.
God Resists the proud and God gives Grace only to the humble.
I pray that God will help you ahead brother and guide you. I am writing this for your encouragement.
I will pray that God will give you a job soon.
God is Love.
Gerry

Very interesting story Gerry and I am going to send you a PM! Thanks for praying for me.
Addison,

I will pray also for you! My wife has a biochemistry bachelor's and was having some of the same problems. Wondering what field she would like to get into.

The Public Health and Safety department within your city/area should accept a health/psychology degree as is!  My wife looked into it, and it's absolutely an option for you to persue if that is something The Lord is leading you to look into.

I hope this helps in a way of offering an option you may have not known existed.

Thanks- I was actually just recently given a tip about a govt. job as a public health officer, so we'll see if that works out.

I was associated with a great bible teacher "Zac Poonen" in India and his teaching for many years I thought was the ultimate truth. You will be able to find his web site, he places all his books, audio and video on his web site for free. he also never had full time workers. he never got a salary and no one else also did. he has supported and mentored over 70 churches in India and other parts of the world now. I am so glad I learnt from Zac than in the bible schools and he was a mentor to me. He preached a lot on Grace (as help) and also on New Covenant.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

For whatever it is worth.

You need to be careful about referring people to websites where falsehoods are taught.

For the fun of it, I looked at Zac Poonen's website and found major errors within 30 seconds.

Mr. Poonen has a book about Satan. In that book he stated: 1) Satan was not created evil, 2) that God does not create anything evil, and 3) Adam and Eve were created perfect.  All three of those statements are Satanic lies and contrary to the Scriptures.

Some people here are new and may not have much spiritual discernment.  If these people go to Poonen's website, Satan could have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  But if they go there, it was meant to be.

Like I said, for whatever it's worth.

John

Thanks Dave-

I think Gerry was just telling me about one of his former teachers. He made it clear that he ended up here at BT through his spiritual journey.

Addison

gerard_dsouza

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 12:08:34 AM »

Addison, send me a PM anytime.

Overall John has a point. It is hard to communicate effectively in a vast forum of so many individuals from various walks and stages in their spiritual growth. By pointing to a web site, never know who will go astray.

You are right in saying that was in my past and lead to search further, especially after everything fell apart in my personal spiritual life in the aspect of service in the church in around 1997. That lead to a deeper search and also hunger and thirst for truth and clarity of my walk with the Lord and what he wanted me to do.
Then in late 2000, understanding that God will save all mankind, was a real eye opener. That sealed my fate in the churches and never to fit in any of them as they will never tolerate this kind of teaching.

All is good brother, and I can say I am so glad to know that truth and so many other truths since then.
I am always willing to acknowledge an error when I see it. I really pray that I will humble myself to be in such a state of being, so I can receive Grace from God.
Everything in the spiritual life that one receives is got to do with the LAW: God resists the proud and gives Grace to the Humble.

Regards, Gerry

ez2u

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »

Allison  I will definitely pray for you.  My daughter is the same age as you are, graduated from UF with a business major and was not able to get a job in her field, within a manageable time frame.  she is with us now planning to go back to school getting a degree in midwifery.  Its hard having her here.  I am overwhelmed with her aggressiveness.  we had these children in our 30's so there is a bigger age gap.  my other two, sons,  have a degree in electric engineering, which he got a job right away, and the other son will have a degree in computer science, in which he will be snatch up right away too.  The degree makes the difference.  What I am saying is what you major in makes the difference in how quickly in this atmosphere, you get a job. What I have seen is that it takes about 18 months in certain fields and a pressing hard forward to get a job. 

onelovedread

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »

I'm not sure if I am allowed to do this :-\ but I spend time on this site and would like to share an article on jobs without degrees. Some are unrealistic, but a few could work and it seems that a good income could be made doing them. For what it's worth, here it is:

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/08/05/50-jobs-over-50000-without-a-degree-part-2/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.