bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray for my daughter  (Read 6989 times)

buddyjc

Pray for my daughter
« on: July 31, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I just got word from my wife who took my daughter to the doctor to have her blood sugar tested.  The meter would not register, because her level was so high.  They just said it was over 600.  My wife is now taking her to her pediatrician.  Please be in prayer for Anna, she is only 5 yrs old, and I do not think she fully understands what is going on. 

They did not say she is diabetic, but she has been drinking over a half a gallon of milk per day.  Always being thirsty is a sign of diabetes. 

Your Brother in Christ,
Brian

hillsbororiver

Re: Pray for my daughter
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 04:54:19 PM »

Brian,

Your family will be in my prayers. Brother, it is far more difficult to see our children and loved ones go through these things than to experience them ourselves, kids are very resiliant though.

You may be aware that Craig is going through this exact same thing with his (edited) son.

His Peace to you and yours,

Joe   
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 05:13:55 PM by hillsbororiver »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 04:56:49 PM »

Brian,

Your family will be in my prayers. Brother, it is far more difficult to see our children and loved ones go through these things than to experience them ourselves, kids are very resiliant though.

You may be aware that Craig is going through this exact same thing with his 10 year old son.

His Peace to you and yours,

Joe   

15yr old ;)

This will be hard for you all, we need to be praying for God to strengthen you through this.

Craig
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 05:08:43 PM by parsonssc »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 05:12:35 PM »

15yr old ;)

This will be hard for you all, we need to be praying for God to strengthen you through this.

Craig

Craig,

My apology to your son, he would likely want to give me a boot for that slip,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 09:20:35 PM »

Indeed I will pray....5 years old is so young.....WE know everything is God's will but I want to pray for a miracle...God Bless you during this time.

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 10:06:15 PM »

I will pray for your daughter too. This must be such a hard thing to go through.

buddyjc

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 10:31:02 PM »

Thank you everyone.  Anna has an appointment first thing in the morning with an Endocrinologist.  We'll have to wait and see how it goes.

Brian

MG

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 06:39:54 AM »

I'm praying for your daughter Brian.

buddyjc

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 02:02:27 PM »

Hey Bobby,

Here I am still waiting for word about Anna.  She is still with the Endocrinologist.  I will certainly keep you all informed. 

Your Brother,
Brian

chuckusa

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 08:50:57 PM »

Hey Brian,

We will pray with you. I have a daughter named Anna too!! God be with you in these times.

In Christ, your brother,
Chuck

deejcop

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 09:14:43 PM »

Little Anna will definitely be in my prayers, Brian.

DJ

Beloved

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »

We lift up our eyes to You O lord, our Refuge and Strength. Trusting in Your promises we know that you are Faithful, You will give this family  the strength they need and the help that is necessary.

Today let Your mercies overwhelm our worries. Give us a humble dependence on your gracious will and grant us the grace to understand this illness. Purify or faith during these days so we can gain a keener sense of values and deeper appreciation of the blessings that surround us.

Beloved

Always practical

Low Carb Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies1 1/2 tablespoons wheat bran, or oat bran 1 1/4 cups plus 1/2 tablespoon soy flour 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate 1/2 cup unsalted butter 2 cups sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda) 1/2 cup heavy cream 5 large eggs 1 tablespoon no sugar added vanilla extract 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 cup chopped walnuts Low Carb Chocolate Frosting, recipe follows Special Equipment: 8-inch square baking pan Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside. Mix wheat bran and 1/2 tablespoon soy flour together and sprinkle evenly over the inside of the greased pan, also coating the sides. Place the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a steel bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk in 1 cup sugar substitute and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Once thoroughly blended, turn off heat and keep warm until needed. With an electric mixer on high, beat the eggs, 1 cup sugar substitute and the vanilla extract just until blended. Reduce to low speed and then blend in the chocolate mixture. With a wooden spoon, mix in the baking powder, 1 1/4 cups soy flour, walnuts, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Spread evenly into the prepared pan and bake on the center rack for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Do not over-bake or brownies will be dry and hard.) Cool completely before frosting with low carb chocolate frosting. Cut into 5 rows by 5 rows to make 25 pieces. Low Carb Chocolate Frosting: 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (not melted) 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda) 1/3 cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract Few drops hot water, as needed, to thin consistency Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Use to frost brownies, but make sure brownies are completely cooled, or the butter in the frosting will melt.

Nutrition Information
Nutritional Analysis per serving   Calories 152
Fat 14 grams   Saturated Fat 7 grams
Carbohydrates 6 grams   Fiber 2 grams
Net Carbohydrates 4 grams   

Beloved

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 10:50:47 PM »

Sorry I was trying to fix the recipe and posted it by mistake.  I have searched the web for all kinds of diabetic brownies. This one looked good.   
                                                           I hope Anna likes them

Low Carb Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies

1 1/2 tablespoons wheat bran, or oat bran
1 1/4 cups plus 1/2 tablespoon soy flour
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 large eggs
1 tablespoon no sugar added vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Low Carb Chocolate Frosting, recipe follows
Special Equipment: 8-inch square baking pan

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Spray pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.
Mix wheat bran and 1/2 tablespoon soy flour together and sprinkle evenly over the inside of the greased pan, also coating the sides. Place the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a steel bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk in 1 cup sugar substitute and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Once thoroughly blended, turn off heat and keep warm until needed.

With an electric mixer on high, beat the eggs, 1 cup sugar substitute and the vanilla extract just until blended. Reduce to low speed and then blend in the chocolate mixture. With a wooden spoon, mix in the baking powder, 1 1/4 cups soy flour, walnuts, and 1/4 cup heavy cream.

Spread evenly into the prepared pan and bake on the center rack for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Do not over-bake or brownies will be dry and hard.)

Cool completely before frosting with low carb chocolate frosting.
Cut into 5 rows by 5 rows to make 25 pieces.

Low Carb Chocolate Frosting:

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract
Few drops hot water, as needed, to thin consistency

Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Use to frost brownies, but make sure brownies are completely cooled, or the butter in the frosting will melt.

Nutrition Information

Beloved

gmik

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 02:19:27 PM »

beloved....you are so sweet!! Even tho the brownies are for Anna, I am going to use the recipe too!

buddyjc

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 03:48:04 PM »

We lift up our eyes to You O lord, our Refuge and Strength. Trusting in Your promises we know that you are Faithful, You will give this family  the strength they need and the help that is necessary.

Today let Your mercies overwhelm our worries. Give us a humble dependence on your gracious will and grant us the grace to understand this illness. Purify or faith during these days so we can gain a keener sense of values and deeper appreciation of the blessings that surround us.

Beloved

Always practical

Low Carb Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies1 1/2 tablespoons wheat bran, or oat bran 1 1/4 cups plus 1/2 tablespoon soy flour 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate 1/2 cup unsalted butter 2 cups sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda) 1/2 cup heavy cream 5 large eggs 1 tablespoon no sugar added vanilla extract 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 cup chopped walnuts Low Carb Chocolate Frosting, recipe follows Special Equipment: 8-inch square baking pan Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside. Mix wheat bran and 1/2 tablespoon soy flour together and sprinkle evenly over the inside of the greased pan, also coating the sides. Place the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a steel bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk in 1 cup sugar substitute and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Once thoroughly blended, turn off heat and keep warm until needed. With an electric mixer on high, beat the eggs, 1 cup sugar substitute and the vanilla extract just until blended. Reduce to low speed and then blend in the chocolate mixture. With a wooden spoon, mix in the baking powder, 1 1/4 cups soy flour, walnuts, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Spread evenly into the prepared pan and bake on the center rack for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Do not over-bake or brownies will be dry and hard.) Cool completely before frosting with low carb chocolate frosting. Cut into 5 rows by 5 rows to make 25 pieces. Low Carb Chocolate Frosting: 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (not melted) 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda) 1/3 cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract Few drops hot water, as needed, to thin consistency Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Use to frost brownies, but make sure brownies are completely cooled, or the butter in the frosting will melt.

Nutrition Information

Thank you Beloved, and Katy thanks you for the brownie recipe.

Love to Ya,
Brian

buddyjc

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »

Thank you for thinking of us.  We finally got her sugar levels down, and she's back to her normal self.  I gave her a shot last night for the first time.  She doesn't even flinch.  What a trooper she is.  I was talking to Vicky about the extra cost for special foods, and she said, 'God will provide.  It's not like we're asking for a boat.'  I had to laugh, but then I realized that she was exhibiting a faith that I was not showing at that time.  God sure knows how to teach. 

Love to All and Thanks,
Brian

buddyjc

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 08:12:37 PM »

Thank you Bobby.  You always know what to say.   :)

Anna's blood sugar was down to 192 today.  She was so happy because she was going to a pool party, and of course, because she didn't have to have a shot.  Thanx to all.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 23 queries.