bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id sure like your thoughts on the following passages  (Read 4866 times)

Ian 155

Id sure like your thoughts on the following passages
« on: August 06, 2013, 05:12:39 PM »

Gen 12:18
Gen 20:9
Gen 26:9

Ian

microlink

Re: Id sure like your thoughts on the following passages
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 06:49:37 PM »

Hi Ian,
What is your question? Has it to do with Abraham lying or what?
Take care.

Ian 155

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 05:40:23 AM »

The same scenario presents itself to 3 different persons - once with Abram once Abraham and once with Isaac - Davids experience was reversed

Gen 12:18 Pharaoh called Abram and said to him, "You have done a very bad thing to me! Why didn't you tell me Sarai was your wife?

Gen 20:9 Then Abimelech called Abraham and said to him, "Why have you done this to us? What wrong did I do to you? Why did you lie and say that she "Sarah" was your sister? You brought great trouble to my kingdom. You should not have done this to me.

Gen 26:9 Abimelech called for Isaac and said, "This woman is your wife. Why did you tell us that she was your sister?" Isaac said to him, "I was afraid that you would kill me so that you could have her."

David was not spared /prevented from sinning against God - these were

No Question I would like to know/hear some interpretations

Ian

se7en

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »

Good topic to bring up Ian!

We know that the Word points to Christ and Christ points to us.... everything that happens in the Word is for our admonition. To train us and chastise us, grace us into the kingdom! :)

To deny our wives is a type of denying our love of Christ and His word.

Eph 5:25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28  So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Mat 10:39  He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Christ is the Word! We loose our lives for the sake of the Word! But when we lie and say that "she's not my wife" we distance ourselves from the Word to try and save our own skin.

Mat 13:21  Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

I think those guys are a type of us when we deny Christ. When we are confronted with persecution, we get offended and lie so we can "fit in" instead of stand up for God's Truth. It's because, like them, we are afraid to die.

To deny our wife is an example of denying God's Word in our lives so that we can fit in with babylon.

The many called, but few chosen.

Mat 26:75  And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly

Christ denied 3 times by Peter. Three instances of denying their wives in Genesis. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm. Yeah, I think it's basically lying about our wives and not standing on God's Word just so we can be accepted into their city.
~Se7en

loretta

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 05:55:28 AM »

Hmmmmmmm
:)

Ian 155

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 06:49:40 AM »

Thsnks 7 So you are basically saying these scriptures address spiritual cowerdice ?

Ian

se7en

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 08:59:35 AM »

haha loretta "hmmmmm"

Ian, yeah, absolutely. As Ray taught, I think it's another parable about the kingdom of God and it's about the many called and the few chosen. It's definitely spiritual cowardice, not standing for Truth just so that we can be accepted into their city.

~Se7en

microlink

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 04:13:15 PM »

Hi all,

Yeh, spiritual cowardice. Very well put seVen. Abraham, even though mentioned in the faith chapter in Hebrews, will not (for sure?) be in the first resurrection, nor will the others mentioned in that chapter. That would come as a surprise to those in most of Church of God Christianity considering that he went a fair distance in obeying God by even being willing to sacrifice his son Isaac. Hebrews 11:39-40 is a real eye opener for those who believe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.