bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: SPIRIT AS THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS OF GOD HIMSELF  (Read 18416 times)

Kat

Re: SPIRIT AS THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS OF GOD HIMSELF
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 01:15:32 PM »

Jesus did something that's recorded in John 20 that is easily over looked.
20:21-Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
20:22-And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith  unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
20:23-Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Hi Joel,
Those verses in John 20 can be confusing, was He giving them the Holy Spirit by breathing on them, before He ascended back to the Father? Well no, this was a symbol/pledge He was showing them, while He was still there physically to explain, of what was to come on the day of Pentecost. Jesus had already explained to them it would be only after He "go away" back to the Father before the Comforter could come.

John 16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I go, I will send him unto you.

In Acts 1 there is the ascension of Christ and right before this He is speaking to the disciples and you can see by what He is saying to them that they have not yet actually received the Holy Spirit.

Act 1:8  But you shall receive power when (because it had not yet happened) the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
v. 9  Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

Ray explained this as well.

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html ----------------------------------

On Pentecost, Jesus Christ came back to His disciples just as He said He would. He came back as the Comforter. Jesus said that they absolutely could NOT receive the Comforter until He went away. Why? Because Jesus Christ IS THE COMFORTER, but not in the flesh, but in THE SPIRIT!

It was on Pentecost that the first members of the Church of Christ received the Holy Spirit Comforter, just as He symbolized to them when He blew on them, showing that He Himself would come to them in spirit by the will of God. Now for the first time, His disciples were truly converted, baptized in Holy Spirit, possessing the mind of Christ, lead into all Truth (Jesus) by the Comforter—Jesus was NOW BUILDING HIS CHURCH!

"But the Comforter [Greek, parakletos, also called the Consoler, and in I John 2:1, Advocate in KJV, and Entreater in the CLNT] which IS the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14:26).

The Advocate or Entreater in I John 2:1 IS the parakletos, The Comforter or Consoler of John 14:26 IS the parakletos,. and we are told that it is Jesus Christ Himself. Furthermore, the "Holy Spirit" that is said to come AS the Comforter is also Jesus Christ,

"Now the Lord IS that Spirit: and where the Spirit OF THE Lord [Jesus Christ] is, there is liberty" (II Cor. 3:17
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hummer

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »

Did someone really sin here?
    Is every interpretational disagreement on a thread in this forum a source for sin?

Dave you are correct sir and NO not every interpretational disagreement on a thread in   this a source for sin.

Hummer

acomplishedartis

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 11:40:28 PM »

For the love of everything Holy, can we move on to a NEW TOPIC before my head explodes again.

Just hold on a minute...   ; )

acomplishedartis

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 11:58:23 PM »

Kat, thanks so much for bringing this quote, it is exactly what I was looking for when I started this tread:

Not that the Holy Spirit is nothing or of no consequence, it’s just not a person. Jesus Christ and God the Father ARE the Holy Spirit! Jesus Christ is that Spirit! 

John 16:7  … I will send him (the Comforter) to you. v. 15  … He shall take of Mine, and shall show it unto you.

What is He going to take of Christ? His Spirit. Where did Christ get that Spirit? From God the Father. But He is going to take of Christ, because it’s going to be the personality of Christ, see. 

Paul didn’t say, I’m crucified with God, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but the FATHER lives in me. No, it’s, “I have been crucified with CHRIST, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but CHRIST lives in me.” (Gal 2:20)  But see it’s the personality of Christ, that is the spirit that lives in us and that spirit comes from God. So we can call it God’s Holy Spirit, even though it’s channeled through Christ. Jehovah /Elohim, God the Father(Elohim), you know.

L.Ray Smith

So here we have such a great example to be able to understand the holy spirit of God in us!

If we can better understand the holy spirit as the personality of Jesus Christ,  first we have to know about him, therefore we need to know his biography, what is He all about, His STORY; the story of the Salvation of ALL. The less we are like we used to be and the more we are like Him, the more of His spirit we have. However, there is something in us that make us special on His eyes, but that is nothing that has to do with our carnality. Our personal world perception is different from anybody else on the history of the world, so even if we lose our selves in the process, Jesus keeps that something, and make it for the better (for more about this, Ray’s paper ‘why does God love us’ is great).

If we have ever met a woman, and we know of a man constantly acting like a woman, it could be said that he have the spirit of a woman. In the same way, if somebody knows enough of Jesus and he sees someone else acting like Him; it could be said that that someone else have the holy spirit of God. Of course many times, the outward acts and appearances can trick us, however, God ultimately knows. Paul said that we should imitate him, because he was imitating Jesus very well. It’s like if Jesus is our idol and we want to be like him, talk like him, behave like him and be with him!
I have seen pastors possessed by demons on different measures; their wrong teachings and lack of sight to see the obvious is life prove that they are being influenced by a bad spirit. I have also seen fine men’s possessed by the spirit of God; the fruits of the spirit, their sober mind to understand Scripture and spiritual strength are life prove for me that they are being influenced by the personality of Jesus/holy spirit.

I know that I am using strange terminologies to try to convey what I am trying to say. I hope no one get’s offended. When talking about spirits it’s hard to convey meaning, since we are talking about something invisible and powerful that exist in a different realm than the physical realm.

loretta

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2013, 02:22:39 AM »

God's Holy Spirit has the personality of Christ.  That's how Christ reveals the Father to us.

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

We have the same spirit in us, the Spirit of Christ. God duplicating himself, making men into sons of God, making us into His image.

Profound.:)  Thanks for sharing this Moises.

Could we have the link to Ray’s paper ‘why does God love us’. Tks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:25:20 AM by loretta »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2013, 04:53:12 AM »

loretta, the article moises referenced"why does God love you?" is towards the top of the bible-truths.com homepage. 

claudia

loretta

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2013, 09:52:03 AM »

loretta, the article moises referenced"why does God love you?" is towards the top of the bible-truths.com homepage. 

claudia

Right under my nose! :)  It didn't show up in a search. tks Claudia.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.