bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remnant save, all saved  (Read 3715 times)

sana

Remnant save, all saved
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:49:30 AM »

Ro 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Ro 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut [it] short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Is this verse telling that only few of Israel will be chosen ON THE EARTH NOW, because the Lord wants so much only....

Because we see another verse in the same chapter, which talks abt the whole israel being saved

Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

There are only few choosen, is that what is meant by "short work of the Lord"??

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Remnant save, all saved
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »

Hi Sana, this is probably the best translation I have of this chapter, as it shows the quotations and may make it clearer.

(LITV)

Rom 9:1  I tell the truth in Christ, I do not lie, my conscience bearing witness with me in the Holy Spirit,
Rom 9:2  that my grief is great, and a never ceasing pain is in my heart,
Rom 9:3  for I myself was wishing to be a curse from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to flesh,
Rom 9:4  who are Israelites, whose are the adoption and the glory, and the covenants, and the Lawgiving, and the service, and the promises;
Rom 9:5  whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen.
Rom 9:6  Not, however, that God's Word has failed. For not all those of Israel are Israel,
Rom 9:7  nor because they are Abraham's seed are all children, but "In Isaac a Seed shall be called to you." Gen. 21:12
Rom 9:8  That is: Not the children of flesh are children of God, but the children of the promise are counted for a seed.
Rom 9:9  For the Word of promise is this, "According to this time I will come, and a son will be to Sarah." Gen. 18:10
Rom 9:10  And not only so, but also Rebekah conceiving of one, our father Isaac,
Rom 9:11  for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of the One calling,
Rom 9:12  it was said to her, "The greater shall serve the lesser;" Gen. 25:23
Rom 9:13  even as it has been written, "I loved Jacob, and I hated Esau." Mal. 1:2, 3
Rom 9:14  What then shall we say? Is there not unrighteousness with God? Let it not be!
Rom 9:15  For He said to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will pity whomever I will pity." Ex. 33:19
Rom 9:16  So, then, it is not of the one willing, nor of the one running, but of the One showing mercy, of God.
Rom 9:17  For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very thing I raised you up, so that I might display My power in you, and so that My name might be publicized in all the earth." Ex. 9:16
Rom 9:18  So, then, to whom He desires, He shows mercy. And to whom He desires, He hardens.
Rom 9:19  You will then say to me, Why does He yet find fault? For who has resisted His will?
Rom 9:20  Yes, rather, O man, who are you answering against God? Shall the thing formed say to the One forming it, Why did You make me like this? Isa. 29:16
Rom 9:21  Or does not the potter have authority over the clay, out of the one lump to make one vessel to honor, and one to dishonor? Jer. 18:6
Rom 9:22  But if God, desiring to demonstrate His wrath, and to make His power known, endured in much long-suffering vessels of wrath having been fitted out for destruction,
Rom 9:23  and that He make known the riches of His glory on vessels of mercy which He before prepared for glory,
Rom 9:24  whom He also called, not only us, of Jews, but also out of nations.
Rom 9:25  As also He says in Hosea, I will call those Not My people, My people! And those not beloved, Beloved! Hosea 2:23
Rom 9:26  "And it shall be, in the place where it was said to them, You are not My people, there they will be called, "Sons of the Living God." LXX-Hos. 2:1; MT-Hos. 2:23
Rom 9:27  But Isaiah cries on behalf of Israel, "If the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, the remnant will be saved."
Rom 9:28  For He is bringing the matter to an end, and having been cut short "in righteousness," "because the Lord" "will do a thing cut short" "on the earth." Isa. 10:22, 23
Rom 9:29  And as Isaiah has said before, "Except the Lord of hosts left a seed to us, we would have become as Sodom, and we would have become as Gomorrah." Isa. 1:9
Rom 9:30  What then shall we say? That the nations not following after righteousness have taken on righteousness, but a righteousness of faith;
Rom 9:31  but Israel following after a Law of righteousness did not arrive at a Law of righteousness?
Rom 9:32  Why? Because it was not of faith, but as of works of Law. For they stumbled at the Stone-of-stumbling,
Rom 9:33  as it has been written, "Behold, I place in" "Zion a Stone-of-stumbling," "and a Rock-of-offense," "and everyone believing on Him will not be shamed." LXX and MT-Isa. 28:16; MT-Isa. 8:14

I don't see it talking about "salvation", but election--being chosen.  This is the 'remnant'.  "...us, whom He calls also, not only out of the Jews, but out of the nations also."

"Salvation" is not a "bible-word" or a religious expression.  It's a word. 

Romans 10 talks about the salvation of Israel.  Paul says in Rom. 10:1

Brothers, truly my heart's pleasure and supplication to God on behalf of Israel is for it to be saved.

That is the Lord's pleasure to do in due season as well.  And He will do all His good pleasure.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:07:02 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gerard_dsouza

Re: Remnant save, all saved
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 03:20:31 PM »

Hi Sana,
There are only few chosen, is that what is meant by "short work of the Lord"??

Yes that is correct only a few are chosen. To start with none from the Old Testament. Only New Testament saints who are chosen.

Heb 11: 39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Mat 11: 11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Even among the people called only a few are chosen.

Mat 22: 14: For many are called, but few are chosen.

Next point, the work cut short, is in reference to the seed, which is Christ when Christ came and became a man. It was a short work of righteousness. You see this seed in later verse.
Rom 9:29  And as Isaiah has said before, "Except the Lord of hosts left a seed to us, we would have become as Sodom, and we would have become as Gomorrah." Isa. 1:9

The short work of the seed: 33 and half years is the work of righteousness that we follow and try to understand. In that is the secret of godliness.
I Tim 3: 16:  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

We do not know who is the chosen. We hope we are and we hope for that. That keeps us humble and we can receive Grace from God.
As God only gives Grace to the humble and he resist the proud.

God is love.
Gerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.