bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Reivers  (Read 2862 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
The Reivers
« on: August 10, 2013, 02:16:59 AM »

I read the book in High School and saw the movie many years back.  Saw it again tonight and worshipped God.  No preachin', no singin', no dancin' in the aisles.  Even had a little cussin'.

Anybody else familiar with it?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gregorydc

Re: The Reivers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 10:30:57 PM »

Not one that I recall, give me a plot and some character references maybe that will jar the old memory.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The Reivers
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 01:44:42 AM »

The novel was written by William Faulkner.  The movie was based on the book.  The setting is turn-of-the-20th-century Mississippi.  It's a coming-of-age story about the grandson of a respected small-town man.  The kid's name is Lucius.  He is talked into "borrowing" his grandfather's new car (the first in this small town) by a young man who works for the family and taking it on a trip to Memphis.  Along the way, they discover the black coachman who also works for the old man is stowing away.  They have all sorts of worldly adventures during the trip.

I don't remember the book as well as the movie, except for some memorable lines and the general story.  It was pretty affecting for a kid like me back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reivers_(film)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reivers

Maybe I'm just old and weird.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:48:06 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.