bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does it mean to be anointed?  (Read 5979 times)

dodrill

What does it mean to be anointed?
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:32:52 PM »

The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free (Luke 4:1)

These words, Jesus said were fulfilled in their hearing. He - Jesus was the anointed. Can men still say they are anointed of God and have been given a gift of healing or find favor in God's eyes because of who they are or their supposed faith? What is it with the christianity / churchianity mindset that thinks if we repeat Christ's words in boldness that we are fulfilling this scripture?
As if it were the words repeated (that makes us Christ like) and the same as Jesus saying it (yes I have heard a pastor say this) and not the embodiment and entitlement of prophesy pertaining to Christ?
Am I wrong  :-[

david mc fauld

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: What does it mean to be anointed?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:22:41 AM »

Jesus has already answered those people in christianity / churchianity mindset Luk 13:24    Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.Luk 13:25    When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:Luk 13:26    Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.Luk 13:27    But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Many are called but few are chosen ( Mat 22:14 ). Luke (4:18) is still happening today through the Holy Spirit
Luk 13:24    Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.Luk 13:25    When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:Luk 13:26    Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.Luk 13:27    But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

The only thing that makes us Christ like, is Christ spirit in us and if that's not anointing us I don't know what is.

David.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:51:33 AM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4920.msg38372.html#msg38372

Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mar 13:5  And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
Mar 13:6  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Luk 21:8  And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

I reckon when a statement of Christ's is repeated in all three synoptic gospels, it must be really important.  As Ray taught, the "I" in those verses is JESUS, not the ones doing the "saying".  "Coming in His name" is claiming His authority.   

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

dodrill

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 07:50:26 AM »

Thank you gentlemen for your answers - I am moved
What seemed and sounded right before - healing services - prayer meetings and such are nothing more than wanting signs and wonders - flesh flesh flesh - and it isn't because we ask in Jesus name - that these signs follow them that believe (my old church teachings)

Believe what? That God wants to perform a miracle for you if you believe?
That He (God) demonstrates His power in public on tap?
It takes every ounce of faith He has given me to work on my stoney heart of unbelief - and then it is only His will be done
wow - it is amazing - anyone can call themselves a teacher, pastor and not be shaken with fear - deception of note

Felix

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »

Wow,Dave
I didn't know that the I refered to Jesus. All these years reading it the wrong
way! Just amazing.
Felix

Nathan

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

"But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him." (1 John 2:27)

To be anointed, we must have the Anointed [Christ] abiding in us and we in Him. You'll notice that these "anointed" charlatans never quote the above verse - they'd be out of business. They can quote all the Scripture they want, but at the end of the day it's just lip service and their heart is far from Him.

Ian 155

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 05:41:41 PM »

"But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you,

This translation implies that we have the anointing ?? and shall abide in him

Ian

The Professor

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 09:06:05 AM »

Wow,Dave
I didn't know that the I referred to Jesus. All these years reading it the wrong
way! Just amazing.
Felix

Yes, I was amazed too...even though it was many years ago, I still remember when the true meaning of this verse was revealed to me in one of Ray's articles...it's was very eerie.

Bear in mind even though Jesus was warning his disciples at that time, this warning was particularly given for his disciples at this time.

Especially when you consider Jesus wasn't talking of a few deceivers, this would hardly heed a warning...there are many and being deceivers they come in sheep's clothing.

No, not only do deceivers claim Jesus is Lord, they do "wonderful works" too. 

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
(Matt. 7:21-23)

Now, for those who haven't bothered to read Ray's articles and yet questioned him, which large group of people (this verse says many not a few) refer to Jesus as Lord, cast out devils in His name and do many wonderful works?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:14:09 AM by Ovi »

david mc fauld

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 10:23:10 AM »

Hayley,

I came across the teaching done on the gospels that also contain those who are anointed, it's a wonderful teaching of Ray's here is the link to it, enjoy.

http://bible-truths.com/audio/M05%20GospelOfTheKingdom_p2.mp3

Regards

David.

adiamondintheson

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 12:14:24 PM »

This is sooo GOOD...
Before coming to BT and learning all the things we have learned...
We had attended a church that taught "full gospel".  It's amazing to listen to the audio here of Ray explaining what the annointing really IS!!  We just sit here and go... "WOW".. now that makes perfect sense. 

The question we have is that in looking on the BT site... we have never seen the link to this.  Is there a place we can go to to see the complete list of videos and audios?  We are so isolated now, it seems, and so hunger to learn and hear all there is available.

Thank you all...
Have an awesome day... :D
Connie & Dennis

Kat

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 12:31:11 PM »

If you look on the main board when you sign in there is a 'Child's Board' under the main 'Introductions, Announcements, and More of Ray's Teachings' board.

It looks like this--

Child's Board: Forum Indexes & Info, Ray's Audio's, Transcripts of Ray's Audio's and More Teachings, Ray's Video's.

Click on either of those links in bold and it will take you to where you can find all of the audios and videos that are available here on the forum.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.