bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghosts?  (Read 5602 times)

Amy

Ghosts?
« on: August 01, 2006, 02:11:36 AM »

I have just found this website a few weeks ago and have to say that is has really
opened my eyes and set me free from a lot of things. It has also confused me a little
bit as well as disappointed me somewhat . What I mean by disappointment is finding
out that when you die, you are just dead until Jesus comes back. I think the thought
that your loved ones are in Heaven makes it easier to accept it when they die (even
though they don't know they are dead, we still do). The one thing I'm confused about
is ghosts. There have been probably billions of people who claim to have been haunted
or been in contact with spirits or saw things flying across a room , etc...  Are all these
people just imagining it or is there a reasonable explanation for this?

MG

Re: Ghosts?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:36:33 AM »

Welcome Amy

I have seen some things in my life that I know were not my imagination because others saw them too. I know they weren't ghosts because scripture makes that clear. Any other explanation would just be speculation so I just let it go. I don't think we are meant to understand everything. I always pray that God protects me and keeps me free from things he doesn't want me involved in.

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 01:08:07 AM »

Hi Amy and welcome.

I don't believe in ghosts, but it seems that maybe spirits of demons have appeared.  Battlefields are a place that too many people have seen/heard "things", and I have heard of spirits assigned to houses--familiar spirits. I am sure Ray has talked about this altho I can't remember maybe someone on the forum will know. Keep your thoughts and mind on God and His Word.
....God has not given us a spirit of Fear, and we are more than conquerors thru Him, and we can resist the devil and he has to flee from us.

tb

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 01:35:07 AM »

I have to admit that when I first read Ray's explanation that when you die you are dead I was actually relieved.  It always bothered me that people are sitting up in Heaven looking down at me making mistakes and they can do nothing about it, or worse, they are up there talking about me and laughing about those mistakes.  I think it is selfish of us to wish there was a Heaven.  The only thing it would do is make us feel better.  We always say someone has gone on to a 'better place'.  How could a place be better if it took us completely out of the loop so to speak -- able to see everything happen but unable to do anything about it.  Better to be at peace, not knowing anything.  That truly is a better place.  Imagine going to sleep and immediatly waking back up to see Jesus.  THAT is my idea of mercy.   As far as ghosts go, I have never believed in ghosts.  I get the prickles on the back of my neck seeing ghosts in movies and of course there were moments in my life that I would have sworn I saw something or someone that really wasn't there.  But I never thought it was a ghost.  There is a whole other world out there.  The Bible talks of angels and devils.  That is what we see and experience.  It is just another temptation that we have to overcome.  Those of us who don't come into contact with 'ghosts' are just like those that never are tempted to speed, or get drunk or smoke.  It is just not something that would tempt us to sin, so we are never tempted with it.  If you were afraid of ghosts and truly believed in them, if you were tempted to talk to mediums and get your fortune read and use a ouigi board, then you would see ghosts and hear them because God would probably send spirits to tempt you to continue to believe in it all.  Believe the Bible.  When you die you are dead, a peaceful death that is like sleeping without dreaming.  And I also like to imagine that since our spirit (breath) goes back to the One who gave it to us (God) then our sleep will be the most comfortable sleep we have ever had, resting in the arms of the Creator.  Aaaaah!

Terri

ciy

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 03:46:04 PM »

This reminds me of an incident in the early 80s.  I lived in a townhouse apartment in Chattanooga, Tn.  It was winter and cold.  One night at about 3 am a loud noise woke me and my wife.  I remarked to her that it sounded like someone hitting the roof or side of the house with a baseball bat.  It made that sound several more times.  I was actually afraid to even look out, but finally I did and of course saw nothing.  It was very eery.  The next day in the afternoon paper a front page article said 100s of people over a large radius called in saying they were awakened by the same noise and referred to it as sounding like a baseball bat hitting the side of the house.  No explanation was ever given.  I have no idea what it could have been, but I know that it happened. 
Not very exciting but very odd.
CIY

SandyFla

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 01:25:16 PM »

I've had many unexplained things happen to me.

The night that Hurricane Andrew hit the other side of Florida, I woke up at what I found out later was the exact time the eye made landfall. I got up and walked around my bed to go to the bathroom. At the foot of my bed, I stepped over a cat, which got up slowly and walked under my bed. (I have 2 cats, so I thought it was one of them.) Immediately I looked back on my bed, and both of my cats where lying on it, asleep.

Another time I had an experience with a picture of someone I loved. Each time I touched the picture, I felt a physical touch. It wasn't my imagination, and it lasted for nearly 2 hours. I never felt in danger, and the touches were pleasant.

snorky

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 02:08:59 PM »

I have to say I am glad when you die you're dead, as well. My mother died right before my first child (my son) was born...the only reason I was upset at the funeral was because of that. Last year my dad died from an infection he got at the hospital and then another one at the nursing home. I was not sad when I learned the news he died (which was on the day after I saw him). Both died in Florida (I live in West Texas). So what was the difference? By the time my dad died I had been given spiritual discernment from Ecclesiastes 9:5-6..."The dead know not anything....never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun." So, when I left my dad (about 28 hours before he died), I said, "see you in heaven, dad." And so I didn't have to worry about whether my mother or father "looked down on me" and my mistakes!--snorky
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.