bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blissful sinners  (Read 11692 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Blissful sinners
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »

..."If you don’t get help from someplace, then you are going down."

such a simple statement that carries such profound truth in it.  ray had the ability to do that.  through the "foolishness" of his teaching (from the Spirit) many, many people have found peace knowing that the Truths of the holy Scriptures are indeed freeing to the soul.

claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 11:26:27 PM »

You can's live in that endless cycle of self reproach and self loathing. That shows me that you don't really belief that God made you sinful. He did. You are a sinner. It's not your fault. What you need to concentrate on is the thing that God is dealing with right at this moment.

Psa 119:105  NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my

The light of his word doesn't light up the entire journey, only the next step. Pay attention to the small things, because God is trying to teach you "in the moment". Not later, not tomorrow, but right now. You do not have the right or authority to judge nor condemn yourself because your own judgement is unrighteous and not merciful..

Jas 2:13  For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Then as you have had the dealings of God in that area, it no longer has authority over you and you have learnt to overcome in that area. It will be hard, but the flesh must die. Then as you have learnt the wisdom of God for that area, you can now say...

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.  8)

Thanks for the vote of confidence! ;) Haha.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »

You do not have the right or authority to judge nor condemn yourself because your own judgement is unrighteous and not merciful..

This one comment that we do not have the right to judge our self conflicts with what Paul said.,

1Co 11:31  For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.

Here Paul speaking to the brethren states that you should judge/examine yourself now in this life. Because if we have the Spirit indwelling then judgment is upon us now or we will fall in the great white throne judgement with the rest of the world.

1Peter 4:17  For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

This judgment on the believers now is a self examination through the Spirit indwelling, so in reality it is from Jesus Christ. The elect must be judged now to be corrected, we all have been chastened and even scourged by the Spirit within for wrong doing, it is necessary to be prepared to enter the kingdom.

1Co 11:32  But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

Heb 12:5  And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:
       "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
       Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
v. 6  For whom the LORD loves He chastens,
       And scourges every son whom He receives."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

thewatchman

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 05:03:59 AM »

You misread the statement Kat and got it wrong. The comment is pointing out that our own personal judgement is carnal so we cannot judge ourselves righteously which is why we need the judgement of God. I thought it was obvious enough to understand, but clearly that wasn't the case.  8)

cjwood

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 03:09:57 PM »

watchman, i too was somewhat confused by the statement you had made about judging ourselves.  but now i understand where you were coming from.  thank you for explaining it further.  i enjoy reading your posts.

claudia
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:17:25 PM by cjwood »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 03:28:50 PM »

We always think about judging an evil person but it's just as wrong to judge someone as being good.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »

They say, "We are our own harshest critics."

It's unfortunate watchman confused the spirit of God leading me to be ashamed of my behavior as me attempting to judge myself through the carnal mind and then proceeding to make such bold yet baseless accusations of self reproach, self loathing and that I do not believe "God made me sinful" (whatever that means). Perhaps you mean subject to vanity with a weak heart and therefor a sinning machine incapable of doing good by my own self? God MAKES/MADE no man sin. Man volunteers, there is no need to make him do it.

Well, I suppose these are the perils of the internet, we can never truly know the intentions behind what is said without being able to witness first hand the speaker's intents. It seems we must be careful where we decide to vent about our shortcomings and frustrations. Even amongst brethren.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:46:57 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cjwood

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 05:01:22 PM »

"Well, I suppose these are the perils of the internet, we can never truly know the intentions behind what is said without being able to witness first hand the speaker's intents. It seems we must be careful where we decide to vent about our shortcomings and frustrations. Even amongst brethren."

dearest alex, i pulled the statement above which you made, and bolded it because you/we should always be able to come to this forum to speak of our shortcomings and frustrations.  this forum IS here for you alex.  so let your heart speak, cry out, and bleed whatever it is you need to say.  we are called to help each other carry our burdens. 

love in Christ,
claudia

ez2u

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 08:27:49 PM »

sometimes  i have enjoyed my flesh   but sin what i count as sin, when  i know i have done wrong   i cry.  it hurts me   what i feel right now is empty  not in a bad way   in a way of content and full filled  but empty of a lot of nonsense in my life.  i don't have a word to give but sometimes a word comes to me for someone next to me.  a small word, to say to them they might not even know its from the Lord.  encouragement can be like that.  sometimes i feel life pulsating all around me  the beauty of lace curtain or the curves and colors of our walls.people and their ways.  a couple came to our home who are expecting she is overdue.  a big girl not very worldly beautiful.  but... life was pouring out of her vibrantly, her and her husband  as they are waiting for their baby to come  it was so beautiful  she was beautiful.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:30:00 PM by ez2u »

thewatchman

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 01:23:32 AM »

They say, "We are our own harshest critics."

It's unfortunate watchman confused the spirit of God leading me to be ashamed of my behavior as me attempting to judge myself through the carnal mind and then proceeding to make such bold yet baseless accusations of self reproach, self loathing and that I do not believe "God made me sinful" (whatever that means). Perhaps you mean subject to vanity with a weak heart and therefor a sinning machine incapable of doing good by my own self? God MAKES/MADE no man sin. Man volunteers, there is no need to make him do it.

Well, I suppose these are the perils of the internet, we can never truly know the intentions behind what is said without being able to witness first hand the speaker's intents. It seems we must be careful where we decide to vent about our shortcomings and frustrations. Even amongst brethren.

I wasn't being accusatory. Your comments had the tinge of self pity rather than repentance, so it wasn't a big step on my part to look at your comments in the way that I did. We are made subject to vanity (moral depravity). So we are flawed. Sinfulness is a part of our nature. My point was to realize that you will sin and you won't be able to control it all. God will work on a specific area and that's the one you need to concentrate on. Not everything else. That doesn't make you a failure, not obeying God's correction in these areas will.
It is my experience that the Spirit of God does not lead us to speak low about ourselves. From that perspective, I was hoping to encourage you to lift your vision higher.
We who have been exposed to the truth like we have shouldn't be cynical of others, prone to condemnation, but the light of our understanding has been illuminated in a wonderful way. We should be the most rejoicing and reach out to everyone with what Paul said was "the more excellent way"....Love. I have been going through such heavy dealings, with a stroke like event, diabetes, and other issues, but I have not lost my passion or fervor for what God is doing in my life. This life is but a moment. My afflictions nothing more than a distraction and an opportunity for God to chastise me and help me overcome. If I offended you then I apologize.
But we need to learn to judge wisely and righteously, which will only happen when the old man dies and we put on Christ. So be encouraged. The entire purpose of creation was for us to become Christ. Nothing else compares.  8)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2013, 01:58:20 PM »

Thank you Claudia, I know the vast majority of people here are very supportive and uplifting but still, perhaps caution and few moments thought should be considered.

Thewatchman,

You presume so very very much. You assumed incorrectly and so I must say: you have a very strange way of encouraging others, especially your brothers and sisters in Christ. You're not dealing with babylon and her children here, well, by God's grace at least not when you speak to me and I don't mean that in any boastful way: just that I am beyond suckling on the milk of God's Word. Thank you for the apology. :)

In Christ,

Alex

loretta

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2013, 05:03:57 AM »

Then as you have had the dealings of God in that area, it no longer has authority over you and you have learnt to overcome in that area. It will be hard, but the flesh must die. Then as you have learnt the wisdom of God for that area, you can now say...

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

The challenge for us is not only to live righteously, but also without being self-righteous about it.  From personal experience I know that even if we think we have overcome in a certain area, we must guard against self-righteousness, lest we fall again in the very same area.  In his wisdom, God allows us repeated failures or very near failures, to show us that there is nothing good in us. "Might not sin against thee", indicates to me, a possibility of sinning, as against "will not sin against thee". As long as there is breathe in us we have to wrestle against this flesh and that keeps us humble and dependent upon Him every step of the journey.

Psa 119:105  NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my

The light of his word doesn't light up the entire journey, only the next step. Pay attention to the small things, because God is trying to teach you "in the moment". Not later, not tomorrow, but right now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.