bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'a cool nerdy kid story'  (Read 5936 times)

acomplishedartis

'a cool nerdy kid story'
« on: August 27, 2013, 06:48:17 AM »

This video moves me, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g91IQsS2spA

It shows how God can designate very special skills in such a short time in someone's life...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:23:39 PM by Moises G. »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: 'a cool nerdy kid story'
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »

wow moises.  what a math savant is he?!!  the abilities of the human brain are sometimes almost unbelievable.  but with a Master Creator like ours the unbelievable becomes reality and we can only stand back and be amazed.  what a magnificent God we worship!

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 07:37:17 PM »

wow moises.  what a math savant is he?!!  the abilities of the human brain are sometimes almost unbelievable.  but with a Master Creator like ours the unbelievable becomes reality and we can only stand back and be amazed.  what a magnificent God we worship!

claudia

I totally agree.

Seems like the motivation of the kid goes beyond obligation or personal recognition. He just seem to enjoy that stuff so much.

I believe that we sometimes have the tendency to think that; If we had more time, more intelligence, better focus, we would advance faster in whatever thing/project that we are trying to acomplish... But when I see this kind of life experiences. It brings me to the conclution that it's really all up to God.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:11:28 PM by Moises G. »

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »

Hi Moises and friends,
It may seem strange of me, but this example brings to mind the unsupported tales we were taught in the first half of the twentieth century about the so called cave man of early humanoid development, Neanderthal, cromagnon etc., with the goal of proving that present day man was so much more advanced mentally than in previous ages and along the way proving that pre-historic mankind was not much more than dumb beast, BECAUSE there was no evidence of their great scientific accomplishments which would certainly have existed if men of previous ages were as mentally advanced as present day man seems to be.

Obviously I disagree. Who is to say that mankind from the first man was not supremely intelligent and applied their intellect to challenges different than we would have in their place?

What does God say to help keep us humble? Don't compare yourselves among youselves.

Bob

se7en

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »

That is absolutely cool! It immediately made me look up some of his most recent videos and theories online.
~Se7en

loretta

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 03:20:05 AM »

Only goes to prove that all is from God and we have nothing to boast about.  Inspiring, Moises, tks for sharing this one.

He wants to debunk the big bang theory! Now how cool would that be! :) :) :)

Check out his lecture here. He talks about how he got to where he is today, and urges his audience to do likewise.  Kind of like what we at BT are doing - thinking differently! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-FOOQ1TpE
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:56:42 AM by loretta »

jingle52

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 08:03:29 AM »

Just amazing :)
Out of curiosity, on Wikipaedia's list of Child Prodigies there are many fields in which these amazing children are blessed - Sunny Sanwar (Mechanical Engineering) could (among other talents) fluenty read, write and speak 6 languages at age 8  8)

se7en

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 03:48:32 PM »

Awesome, thanks for that link loretta!
~Se7en

loretta

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

Here in India, Lucknow's child prodigy, Sushma Verma 13, has completed a bachelor's degree in science and has been offered an integrated Master's and PhD programme at B S Abdur Rahman University (BSAU) in Chennai. Admitted to school rather late — when she was five-and-a-half years old, she directly went into class 9, for the first time in the country's education system and holds the record for becoming the youngest matriculate in the country.   Sushma has already outdone her elder brother Shailendra's feat, who held the title at 14, for the youngest computer science graduate till now.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-buck-stops-here/little-master-of-science/289117

Surely this is All of God!  What is amazing about this prodigy is her humble background.  Her father is a daily wage earner barely earning rupees 200/- a day.  Her mother is illiterate and the family lives in a one room tenement. While affluent parents would aspire for such honors...

1 Corinthians 1:27  but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »

Loretta,
Enjoyed the video of the young man lecturing.
However, I didn't catch the part about debunking the Big Bang theory. Was it just a sentence or was there some follow up?
Just curious, Indiana Bob

Only goes to prove that all is from God and we have nothing to boast about.  Inspiring, Moises, tks for sharing this one.

He wants to debunk the big bang theory! Now how cool would that be! :) :) :)

Check out his lecture here. He talks about how he got to where he is today, and urges his audience to do likewise.  Kind of like what we at BT are doing - thinking differently! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-FOOQ1TpE

loretta

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 12:26:54 AM »

However, I didn't catch the part about debunking the Big Bang theory. Was it just a sentence or was there some follow up?

That was just a comment, Indianabob.  We will have to follow this nerdy kid to see if he actually does debunk the Big Bang theory. :)

se7en

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »

What I thought was interesting was that he talked about the 4th dimension. I love quantum physics as a hobbie of mine, looking up theories and what scientists are discovering. It's all very neat to me.

So I started researching the 4th Dimension a little more. Reading about tessaracts and such. But check out this video. I'm sure each one of us knows exactly what it feels like to be that little circle that God picked out and made a new creature to SEE and HEAR things she couldn't have possibly seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOuXtONDAN0

Beautiful.
~Se7en

indianabob

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 10:19:26 AM »

Hi Seven,
I watched the video and found it interesting, but there was no info on the forth dimension; time.
Indiana Bob

se7en

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »

Yeah,

I've been looking into this. There are some different plausable theories out there. Something to the effect that Time is it's own dimension that is inherent in every other dimension. It's like the bit of glue that holds every dimension together and works in all dimensions. Theorized 11 so far and 6 collapsed after the "big bang" etc.. etc..

All theories but still fun and interesting. I just like trying to see past it at the spiritual Truth it gives us as a physical type and shadow.
~Se7en
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.