bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music that might make the Spirit smile  (Read 8309 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Music that might make the Spirit smile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »

music soothes the savage beast... 8)

claudia

onelovedread

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 11:56:48 PM »

Claudia, I think you have a point there.  From the following passage it seems to me that God gave David the gift of playing on the harp so skillfully that it brought relief to Saul upon whom God Himself had caused a distressing spirit to come.

1 Samuel 16: 14 But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the Lord troubled him.  15 And Saul’s servants said to him, “Surely, a distressing spirit from God is troubling you.  16 Let our master now command your servants, who are before you, to seek out a man who is a skillful player on the harp. And it shall be that he will play it with his hand when the distressing spirit from God is upon you, and you shall be well.”
19 Therefore Saul sent messengers to Jesse, and said, “Send me your son David, who is with the sheep.”  20 And Jesse took a donkey loaded with bread, a skin of wine, and a young goat, and sent them by his son David to Saul.  21 So David came to Saul and stood before him. And he loved him greatly, and he became his armorbearer.  22 Then Saul sent to Jesse, saying, “Please let David stand before me, for he has found favor in my sight.”  23 And so it was, whenever the spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play it with his hand. Then Saul would become refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would depart from him.

cjwood

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 03:49:22 PM »

for all the fathers and sons in my forum family, this song is for you.

claudia

http://youtu.be/4cpX1ZjuaiA

cjwood

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »

"but God has chosen what is weak in the world to confound what is strong."  that's what i thought after watching this.  i hope you guys enjoy it.

claudia

http://youtu.be/O0n0vSAqdL0
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.