bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pope calls for day of prayer and fasting for peace in Syria and M.East  (Read 4075 times)

loretta

This just popped into my mailbox.

Let us all join with Pope Francis on the 7th of September, 2013,  in making
it a Day of Prayer and Fasting for Peace in Syria and the Middle-East and Peace
in the whole World.  Please forward to all members of your Prayer Groups.  In Numbers, we can make a difference.  God bless.

Unsure yet if we can be yoked together unequally in prayer as in anything, but it is a reminder for us to pray. 

1 Timothy 2:1-4  (KJV)  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

gregorydc

Re: Pope calls for day of prayer and fasting for peace in Syria and M.East
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »

They have been fighting in the middle east since the book of Genesis in the bible why would our prayers change Gods will on that?

loretta

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 03:01:41 PM »

I will not be participating with the Great Babylonian churches in anything.  Not now.  Not ever.

I'll second that JfK! :)

They have been fighting in the middle east since the book of Genesis in the bible why would our prayers change Gods will on that?

You're right Gregory, time to abandon this thread and move to the parallel one where there seems to be an interesting conversation going on.:)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »

the pope is full of poop. 

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 06:26:13 PM »

the pope is full of poop. 

claudia

A beautiful and detailed explanation of the pope Claudia

Rhys ;)
🤫

gregorydc

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:36:37 PM »

I would like to second on that also Claudia. Hehehe

darren

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 12:32:03 AM »

No one should pray just cause the pope calls for it. However, it sure wouldn't hurt to pray for peace. Also a pray for wisdom for our leaders. Like i said, it sure won't hurt anything. Hey, millions of people praying focusing on peace in Syria would send positive vibes throughout the universe. Not saying that anything peacefull will happen. It wouldn't hurt

Kat

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »

Well the way I'm thinking about prayer is that it's for our benefit, not to change things. God has already "declared the end from the beginning" (Isa 46:10), so nothing can change from what it must be. We must come to not only believe that God is sovereign and in charge, but is carrying out His perfect/righteous will in all things. So we pray that "His will be done," because His will is perfect and we need to believe that, not want to change things.

When we pray we enter the spiritual realm, we approach the throne of God (if we are in-tune with His will, because of His Spirit in us), we are communing with Him.

James 4:8  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Heb 10:22  let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

It is a great joy to approach God with true respect for who He is and what He is doing, not the way the world prays.

Isa 29:13  And the Lord said: "Because this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men,

By this action of pray we draw nearer to God, we open our mind to communicate with Him and He can speak to us as well.

Ecc 5:1  Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. To draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they are doing evil.

Isa 26:2  Open the gates,
       That the righteous nation which keeps the truth may enter in.
v. 3  You will keep him in perfect peace,
       Whose mind is stayed on You,
       Because he trusts in You.
v. 4  Trust in the LORD forever,
       For in Yah, the LORD, is everlasting strength.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:43:46 PM by Kat »

Extol

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »

David said "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem" (Ps. 122:6). There will be peace aplenty in the New Jerusalem, but I don't think there will ever be peace in the old one. I know Jerusalem is not in Syria, but it does seem contrary to common sense to pray for peace when the Lord has already declared otherwise. As Ray said, when Christ returns "all hell is breaking loose [on earth]."

ez2u

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 08:06:35 PM »

i have been praying for the middle east
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.