bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Syria  (Read 21345 times)

zander

Syria
« on: September 04, 2013, 08:08:36 PM »

I've been checking this site on and off and was wondering whether I should be surprised that the obvious elephant in the room hasn't been mentioned?

Syria!  What are people thinking?

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Syria
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 08:15:11 PM »

i am thinking, may God's will be done.

claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 08:57:50 PM »

claudia

Bahaha. Im with claudia.

I'd hardly consider this the elephant in the room rumors of wars and wars have been happebing since the dawn of time. There is nothing new under the sun. The Lord will have His way.

Alex
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:11:59 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

gregorydc

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »

If I may chime in I believe Zander may be worried about the prophecy of Damascas being no more that is in Isaiah (if my memory serves me right)  , but I am in line with everyone else, Gods will be done!

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »

claudia

Bahaha. Im with claudia.

I'd hardly consider this the elephant in the room rumors of wars and wars have been happebing since the dawn of time. There is nothing new under the son. The Lord will have His way.

Alex

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

If you place the emphasis on the hearing it gets contemporary.

120 years ago it took months for news from Europe to reach the USA. Now it's instant.

zvezda

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 12:05:04 AM »

claudia

Bahaha. Im with claudia.

I'd hardly consider this the elephant in the room rumors of wars and wars have been happebing since the dawn of time. There is nothing new under the son. The Lord will have His way.

Alex

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

120 years ago it took months for news from Europe to reach the USA. Now it's instant.

It's interesting that the word "rumors" in Greek (akoas) also means "hearing"...

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 04:13:16 AM »

claudia

Bahaha. Im with claudia.

Alex

Excellent Point Dennis! I hadn't thought of it in that sense. We do get word of wars and rumours of wars at an exponentially accelerated rate now a days.

I still maintain, these things are nothing new, well... other than the hearing them more quickly part, that is! ;) :D :D
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

acomplishedartis

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 05:17:05 AM »

Today a relative was telling me how worry and sad she was about this happenings, I listen for a while and since I didn't wanted to get deep into the subject since I had to go in ten minutes, she thought I was judging her as naive or something like that. So now I had to explain myself in 7min. to avoid being misunderstood. This where my points on what I said:

-This happenings also make me sad, but not surprised, people and governments have been making weak things because they have a weak heart from the beginning of times, the thing is just that in certain times of history there is more time and opportunity for certain evils to be manifested. 

- News from other far away places sometimes magnify, either the good ones or the bad ones. I am not saying it can't be as bad as the journalist inform us, but truth is that big generalizations and simplifications are prone to happen. Plus, people tent to have very different resistance to suffering and very different 'life perceptions'.

- I said that I have two choices: One, to believe that everything is chaotic, that God can't do anything about it, that He is really not in control and that all the suffering of people is for no worth purpose.  Or:
That God is in control, and he desire, want, and is able to bring a worth outcome in due time for all the suffering that is happening on this very short life of us. That all evil is very little in God sight in comparison with all the good that is waiting for Everybody. I said that I have this hope, and that this is why I see this situations with such a different context from the majority.

I am sure she still believes more what the pastor says than what I say, but hopefully at least she no longer thought that I was judging her, or not caring...

ps. For the ones that doesn't know me; I wasn't talking with my wife, since I am not married-yet...

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:26:08 AM by Moises G. »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 05:44:57 AM »

It's puzzled me for a long time how one can read this verse and think that any war or the rumour of any war is a sign of the end.  And not just wars, but:

Mat 24:6  But you are going to hear of wars and rumors of wars. See, do not be terrified. For all things must take place, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7  For nation will be raised against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be famines and plagues and earthquakes against many places.
Mat 24:8  But all these are a beginning of throes.

Wars, rumours of wars, famines, plagues, earthquakes:  These things must take place (Dave's paraphrase:  These things are par for the course).  They are not the end, the hearing of them is not the end.  They are instead the "beginning" of sorrows, and have been for generations.  Keep reading and you'll see what Scripture says about what happens before the end.  And as Ray taught, that TOO has been happening for generations.  Was, is, and will be.     

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 08:20:18 AM »

I still maintain, these things are nothing new

The scripture does not say anything about new wars, etc. There have always been wars and rumors of wars.

Until recently people only knew about wars in their own backyard and never heard about a war on the other side of the planet.

Dan 12:4  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Mat 24:8  All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Mat 24:34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

loretta

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 03:36:31 PM »

claudia

In a parallel thread, Gregorydc quite righty noted that the wars in the M.East have been going on since Genesis, and it is obvious that our prayers to the contrary will not change God's will for the region.  Still, I feel guilty about it.

Since we are the Israel of God, I was wondering if the nation of Israel was ever instructed by God to pray for peace in their region, which probably was their known world then.  Clearly the constant warring affected Israel of old and we have David breathing vengence upon them all.

Moises G. expressed some nice sentiments.  I think the test would be to hold to the same whatever situation we find ourselves in.  There but for the grace of God, go I

John from Kentucky

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 04:09:53 PM »

What does Jesus have to say?  Let's see.

"...I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours."  John 17:9

Since Jesus didn't pray for the world, neither do I.  However, the majority do not follow or believe Jesus.  They worship God how they choose.  So they go about praying for World Peace, World Hunger, and most important of all to these heathen---Love, Love, Love for all, regardless of their ways.

Jesus never prayed for "our brave boys fighting in the Roman Legions."

Jesus also said those "who take the sword will die by the sword."

Let the dead bury the dead. At this time, Jesus is saving His Elect.  That's why He tells us "Come out of her My people."  Only the Elect hear His voice.  The Many listen to Satan and his religious teachers of this world.

Jesus is not going to save the World, the Many, until the next age, after His return.

Nathan

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 05:08:47 PM »

In a parallel thread, Gregorydc quite rightly noted that the wars in the M.East have been going on since Genesis, and it is obvious that our prayers to the contrary will not change God's will for the region.  Still, I feel guilty about it.

Why do you feel guilty, Loretta? To feel guilty, one must feel they are culpable or responsible for some wrongdoing. Perhaps you are not feeling guilty, but conflicted. Could it be that your desire for peace in the region is causing you to question God's will?

Just a thought...

zander

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »

Hey, just come back.  It's just interesting to hear people's views.  I am not really basing any scriptural reference to anything, i am just curious as this could get pretty messy.  Hey, what do i know?

darren

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 01:06:08 AM »

Wars have been fought throughout history. This mess in Syria who's a proxy state of Iran who's right around the corner from having nukes and also a main allied of Russia who does have nukes. Not to mention Israel who is surrounded by enemies who will stop at nothing including the use of chemical, biological even nukes in order to wipe the state off the face of the earth. Oh ya Israel is a non declared nuke power.  So yes war and rumors of wars have been with mankind from the beginning of time,  but not until the 20Th century the possibility of extinction of life on earth was possible by war. One more thing, no matter what happens, Gods Will  will be done.

loretta

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 01:57:37 AM »

Since Jesus didn't pray for the world, neither do I.

Ok, so that's taken care of half my guilt! :)

You hit the nail on the head Nathan, when you said that I am probably questioning God's will.  When life gets too comfortable, we become fearful, perhaps even fearful of God's will. Raised in Christendom we come to expect only good things from God. 

Job  2:10 What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?

Seems like there is much more renewing of the mind, yet to be done!

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 03:53:31 AM »

Since years I go I have a tendency to see myself surviving (wherever I go) on one apocalyptic scenario of spiritually starving people and war. What is happening on the spiritual realm is million times worst that what we see on the news. And many times what you see with your physical eyes on the physical realm can be able to distract you big time, from focusing in your daily spiritual challenges.

I must say that living like this, is kind of exciting, you just never get bored... You are  like a warrior fighting wrong ideologies while trying to keep the conscience clean.

I don't need video games or movies anymore,    ...I just have enough entertainment with my own mind  :)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:58:04 AM by Moises G. »

darren

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 05:34:56 AM »

I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours."  John 17:9
Jesus was a peacefull loving person. Never advocated violence.

Jesus also said those "who take the sword will die by the sword, no doubt. Jesus prayed for HIS Elite.You state Jesus never prayed for the roman soldiers. Here's a few questions. So even though Jesus prayed for His Elite, Jesus did not pray for His Emmies? For The Romans that beaten inches of His life? Romans that striped Him then nailed Him to a tree? The high priest that are the ones who hated Jesus so much they pushed for His arrest and death. His Jewish brothers. You right on Jesus didn't pray for the roman soldiers to kill many people. Even though we do know Jesus prayed to His Father to forgive those. I believe Jesus prayed for all mankind past,present and future, i do not know of any scripture that tells of this, If you know of a few let me know. This could be a learning period for me.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:32 AM »

I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours."  John 17:9
Jesus was a peacefull loving person. Never advocated violence.

Jesus also said those "who take the sword will die by the sword, no doubt. Jesus prayed for HIS Elite.You state Jesus never prayed for the roman soldiers. Here's a few questions. So even though Jesus prayed for His Elite, Jesus did not pray for His Emmies? For The Romans that beaten inches of His life? Romans that striped Him then nailed Him to a tree? The high priest that are the ones who hated Jesus so much they pushed for His arrest and death. His Jewish brothers. You right on Jesus didn't pray for the roman soldiers to kill many people. Even though we do know Jesus prayed to His Father to forgive those. I believe Jesus prayed for all mankind past,present and future, i do not know of any scripture that tells of this, If you know of a few let me know. This could be a learning period for me.

There is a good reason you "do not know of any scripture that tells of this."

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm  A little study time would help.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:22:12 AM by John from Kentucky »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »

Jesus prayed for HIS Elite.You state Jesus never prayed for the roman soldiers. Here's a few questions. So even though Jesus prayed for His Elite, Jesus did not pray for His Emmies?

Darren,

I know this is off subject, but why do you prefer using the term God's Elite instead of God's Elect or Chosen?  I'm just not familiar with this word being used to describe those who will be in the 1st resurrection.

René
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:49:07 AM by Rene »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 23 queries.