bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syria  (Read 21509 times)

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Syria
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »

Hi Kat,

You quote Ray from 2006.  But Ray was growing in grace and knowledge.  About a year before his death, Ray was beginning to see a deeper understanding of God.  In Ray's April 2, 2011 email he stated his prior writings did not impart a full understanding of God.  God's Spirit is not static.  We all must continue to grow in grace and knowledge.

It amazes me that people believe Jesus was confused and did not know what He was talking about when He commented on His being.

We have two clear Scriptures.  Jesus said He and the Father are One.  And He stated that if you saw Him (Jesus) you saw the Father.  But many feel that they have to explain away Jesus' statements about Himself and the Father.

And of course, there are not just two, but multiple Scriptures that teach us God is One.

But I won't argue.  I last spoke on the telephone with Ray in August 2011.  I told him I thought many would have a hard time following him where he was going with this enigma of God subject.

I believe like Paul said, "many don't know this."  I think this is because a fuller understanding of God will be taught to the Elect in the next age to come.  Jesus' main emphasis now is judging and saving the Elect.  Fuller understanding comes later.

John

microlink

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2013, 12:28:22 AM »

Hi all,
I find it very interesting that a simple statement by zander at the start of this thread leads to so many comments in many different directions.
truly, there is much spiritual meat in the discussion but I find that often some posts divert from the subject mentioned . Not complaining - just an observation. Love it anyway.  :) :)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2013, 01:47:37 AM »

Hi all,
I find it very interesting that a simple statement by zander at the start of this thread leads to so many comments in many different directions.
truly, there is much spiritual meat in the discussion but I find that often some posts divert from the subject mentioned . Not complaining - just an observation. Love it anyway.  :) :)

And a good observation too. I thought this section was: Just for fun posts and lighthearted banter

I know topics get hijacked but this seems more a General discussion topic.

I thought this section was more of a chill out area but it seems very serious in this one and in others.

I often wonder why this is or does anything go now.

But I do like the discussion like microlink but will complain a bit. Why not stick to the topic or start a new one and put in the right section to start with.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11169.0.html

Perhaps another section is needed in this one for serious topics that are not fun or lighthearted but cover important areas where what we have learnt here can be applied to other areas.

Rhys
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:58:01 AM by Rhys »
🤫

Oatmeal

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2013, 07:04:09 AM »

This post did not start out as fun or as lighthearted banter, and with that criteria applied it has been illegal from the start.  Perhaps it should have been placed in General Discussions from the beginning.

Did the original topic fit in with the criteria for General Discussions?

Perhaps it is true, as Rhys has observed, that another section is needed.  Perhaps we can instead rely on the flexibility and governance of mature moderators.

The observation that this thread has diverted from the original topic is a minor point, that is, it is not important compared to profitable (if it is profitable) discussion.  In this thread I think that the original topic was hardly discussed at all and went on quickly to the will of God (which was related) and then on to prayer (which was related) and then on further to prayer (which perhaps wasn’t related) and then on to Gethsemane (which wasn’t related and so I am guilty as charged).

I am not saying that I am the only guilty one.

In regard to my digression from the original discussion: perhaps I was too much of a coward to start a new thread.  Or there was another or were other reasons.  Or I just slipped up.  However, I ask for forgiveness.  Am I forgiven?

Even if I had started a new thread the discussion has already digressed.

I would like to make a strong protest however.

The discussion as to whether this discussion has digressed or not, or fits into the category or not of fun and lightheartedness, or whether or not another category of discussion is needed or not, should have I think, strictly speaking, been started as another discussion (post), as such discussion digresses from the original discussion, and does not fit into the category of fun and lightheartedness.

It seems that those who are protesting are not following their own protests.

Please don’t think that I am being entirely serious.  I am trying to fit in with the category of fun and lightheartedness.  But then I have digressed from the original topic.  At least I am half right.

Am I?

Oatmeal
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

Kat

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »

Hi Oatmeal and Rhys,

I know 'Off Topics' is used for many things other than it's stated purpose, but I think a lot of people use it for any topic that is off from or not a topic that Ray spoke on. So I guess we just let it stay, I mean sometimes it's difficult to figure where something 'should' go, not to mention that the discussion changes as it goes along.

Yes yes many topics do divert off of the original question, but I kind of look at it as mini discussions within a topic and they can produce good fruit for thought. I think we just have to go with the flow sometimes and let things develop as they will.

John, I know that Ray had questions about the God enigma there at the end... but we can not just sweep away foundational truths so easily. To me those excerpts I posted were rock solid with the Scripture.

That the Father and Son are One is without question, but it is a single aspect of the whole. It is far too simplistic to say they were one and the same being in every way, that does not match up with many things Christ said.

Psa 119:160  The sum of thy word, is truth

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:06:24 PM by Kat »

onelovedread

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2013, 11:24:54 AM »

In order to bring this back to a fun and lighthearted humorous topic, here goes:

"The peacemaker is Vladimir Putin. He is going to help us secure the chemical weapons, because if there is one thing you can trust Putin with, it's poison. " –Bill Maher

"The way it's going to work is Assad is going to turn over his chemical weapons to Russia, who will then of course sell them to China, who will repackage them as off-brand roach spray, and you can get them at the 99 cent store." –Bill Maher

"It's not that easy to go and secure all these chemical weapons. For one thing, the Syrians have been scattering stockpiles of the chemical weapons all over. They've even got some stored here in the U.S. It's called Monsanto." –Bill Maher

"If The Pres really wanted to sell us on Syria, he should have taken a page from the people selling us Siri. Pushing an iPhone and a war are a lot alike. You just say that the new one is smaller, cheaper and faster and people will buy it. Even though they've already got one and they're still paying off the previous model." –Stephen Colbert

"Crisis averted. Now Congress suspends its vote on a military strike, the U.N. secures Assad's chemical stockpile, and the Syrian people can go back to being killed with conventional methods. Everybody wins." –Stephen Colbert

cjwood

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2013, 05:13:47 AM »

...I would like to make a strong protest however.

The discussion as to whether this discussion has digressed or not, or fits into the category or not of fun and lightheartedness, or whether or not another category of discussion is needed or not, should have I think, strictly speaking, been started as another discussion (post), as such discussion digresses from the original discussion, and does not fit into the category of fun and lightheartedness.

It seems that those who are protesting are not following their own protests.

Please don’t think that I am being entirely serious.  I am trying to fit in with the category of fun and lightheartedness.  But then I have digressed from the original topic.  At least I am half right.

a good bowl of oatmeal is always good for the soul.   :)  your statements above made me laugh out loud, and it is early in the morning here and i am pretty sure all my neighbors are asleep.  i just wanted to say i appreciate the architecture of your post response causing it to fit neatly in the fun and lighthearted character of this section of the forum.

claudia
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:20:05 AM by cjwood »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.