bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone live in the Houston, Tx area?  (Read 10338 times)

Nathan

Re: Does anyone live in the Houston, Tx area?
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 02:13:20 PM »

ism
Definition

A word ending that indicates action, manner, condition, beliefs or prejudice. Created by people to expand meaning of words. Can be added to the end of many words.

an oppressive and especially discriminatory attitude or belief.

Catholicism, Lutheranism, Herbert W. Armstrongism, (W.W.CofG), Atheism, Judaism, , UNIVERSALISM. spiritualism........ Every one of them is a CROCK!!!!! No truth to them at all.

Hummer

When you say Universalism is a crock and there is no truth to them [it] at all, are you referring to the doctrine that all human beings will be eventually saved or one of the other definitions of the word?

Universalism:

1:  a theological doctrine that all human beings will eventually be saved
2:  something that is universal in scope
3:  the state of being universal

Ism:

1:  a distinctive doctrine, cause, or theory
2:  an oppressive and especially discriminatory attitude or belief

Universalism, as in the doctrine that all human beings will eventually be saved, is definitely a distinctive doctrine, as most do not believe this to be true, but it is definitely not oppressive or discriminatory - quite the opposite.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:20:34 PM by Nathan »

hummer

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 11:11:39 PM »

Nathan Look at Rene's Post. Here it is in part.

Dear Simon:

Thank you for sharing this with us.  Concerning your question on Universalists coming out of the mother church before having a knowledge of the salvation of all:

I do not wish to shock you by my answer, although it might just be shocking to you and many others who read it.

Universallism is NOT the Gospel!  A knowledge of the Salvation of ALL is NOT the ultimate Truth.  Belief in, adherence to, and a love for, Universalism will not save anyone.  There are many universalists who teach universalism with a fervor, who nonetheless, do not know what the Gospel of Jesus Christ really is!

Hummer

Nathan

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 12:29:45 AM »

Universalism is NOT the Gospel!  A knowledge of the Salvation of ALL is NOT the ultimate Truth.  Belief in, adherence to, and a love for, Universalism will not save anyone.  There are many universalists who teach universalism with a fervor, who nonetheless, do not know what the Gospel of Jesus Christ really is!

Yes, I agree that universalism isn't the gospel and believing in universalism will not save anyone - this is true. However, universalism, or the belief that all will be saved, is not a crock, but rather the belief that universalism is the gospel is a crock. You and I can believe in universalism (salvation of all), yet we could disagree with many universalists who believe that the gospel is the belief in, adherence to and love for universalism.

The knowledge of the salvation of all is not the ULTIMATE truth, but it is a truth.

But, anyways Hummer, I think I see your thought process here and I understand what you're getting at.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »

Universalism teaches and adheres to the doctrine tat you can get to heaven (whatever that means) by believing in whatever you want.

We know this isn't true. The only way to be saved is through Jesus Christ; However, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess.

In this sense, Universalism is completely wrong.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Nathan

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 04:30:02 PM »

Universalism teaches and adheres to the doctrine tat you can get to heaven (whatever that means) by believing in whatever you want.

We know this isn't true. The only way to be saved is through Jesus Christ; However, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess.

In this sense, Universalism is completely wrong.

There are various definitions of universalism - some believe you can get to heaven by believing whatever you want, which of course is wrong and many believe that all will be saved eventually through Jesus Christ. Ray referenced a book on the ancient history of Universalism going back to the time of the apostles to its condemnation in the fifth general council. 

The Ancient History of UNIVERSALISM: From the time of the Apostles, to its condemnation in the fith general council, A.D. 553. Tracing the Doctrine down to the ERA OF THE REFORMATION, By Hosea Ballou.  BOSTON:  Marsh and Capen, 362 Washington St. 1829.  Dow and Niles...Printers.  Reprinted 1989 SAVIOUR OF ALL FELLOWSHIP, 6800 Hough Road, Almont, Mi.  48003.  Available through: BIBLE MATERIAL UNLIMITED, INC.

Creationism, baptism, and monotheism are also isms that have differing views. Some creationists wrongly believe the earth is literally 6,000 years old, others know better; some believe wrongly that baptism in water saves you, others know better; some believe that monotheism is the belief in a trinity of Gods, others know better.

I think Ray's point though is that believing in universalism will not save anyone and is not the gospel. He was not saying universalism was a crock or untruthful - he was saying it is not the gospel and is not the ultimate truth.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:54:56 PM by Nathan »

loretta

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 05:31:14 AM »

A closer look at what Hebrews 10:25, with whole chapter added is a far cry from what I get from just the 25Th verse alone.
The writer of Hebrews is warning believers about turning away from the Lord and separating themselves from doing good, to doing evil.(verse 25) The way I see it there is a big difference here that is better understood if we do as Ray has said and; "Pay attention to all the words."

Reading Hebrews 10, while paying attention to all the words, it is clear that the church assembly is more than just a physical congregation of bodies, rather a means, online or whichever, to encourage each other in the faith, to provoke unto love and to good works (v 24), lest we sin willfully (v 26).

Tks for bringing that to attention, Joel. For those of us who are getting beat up over leaving the church of Babylon, which are the other scriptures that refer to the spiritual aspects of gathering together?

Thus the Greek word for ‘assembling’, EPISUNAGOGE,(V 25) which is rendered to mean higher meeting or highest assembly or higher than all gatherings, fits in perfectly in the larger context of the chapter.

Stacy

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »

I live in the Houston, TX area.  I'm just beginning to learn all about the REAL truth of the Bible and don't attend church, so it would be nice to meet with other believers in this area.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.