bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Job.  (Read 8448 times)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: New Job.
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 12:07:02 PM »

It's certainly not my 'dream job', but I like the people there and it may turn into something 'better', but not if I don't do THIS well. 

Congrats on your new job, Dave. :)

My "dream job" is to become one of God's Elect!  I really like the Boss and His plan for the future! 8)

René

Ian 155

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »

I would really love to know how many of us here on the forum are working in our 'DREAM' job.
For me it's s job. After 15 survival and I thank God that I don't really hate my years at it, I am cool with it, but I don't love it.  :)
I I've been continuously employed!
can't stop giving God thanks that

What would you say to being a slave under pharaoh ? same here - its just another worldly fear - some say we need to work under taskmasters some plainly battle in that area, its a matter of priority

some say we blessed if we get a Job some don't give a hoot - we have our source and the well is said to be deep -

wanting to get to that place ...

Ian

Duane

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 09:20:06 PM »

Congrats!  I know how exciting it is to land a new job!  :-)

Remember what our "fearless leader" sez:

Now that you will be rich --you are obligated to SHARE with the poor (who may or may not want to work!)
Anyway--politics aside:  May God be with you in your new venture!

se7en

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »

Thanks Claudia, it's all Him!

And Dave, you know that's right! I know how you feel brother. I recently started up a second job making pizza dough for Little Ceasars. It's been a couple of months now. That first day.... I was like "Help me into bed, I can't lift my legs"

But now I'm like this after work... "Woohoo, lets put our roller skates on kids and go skating!"

Then my kids sing the "Dad is great, for letting us go Skate.... Dad is great, for letting us go skate" song.....

haha okay, the song didn't happen, but the first part did. I think our bodies get used to beatings after a few days.
~Se7en

se7en

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 04:26:13 PM »

Oh, JohnChris,

I know what you mean. A while back I read a book called "48 days to the work you love"  and it changed my percpective on work and play.  This is one of the sayings out of he book...

“The masters in the art of living make little distinction between their work and their play, their labor and their leisure. Their minds and their bodies, their information and the their recreation, their love and their religion. They hardly know which is which; they simply pursue their vision of excellence at whatever they do leaving others to decide whether they are working or playing.” James A. Michener

If I remember correctly, in the Hebrew language, there is no word for "work". The word is "avo-da" and means "worship".

Anyhoo, it's really good information for those that want to think about changing professions or jobs. It asks the right type of questions like "What did you do as a kid that made you feel like you were 'in the zone'"?  What do you just naturally think about that you enjoy throughout the day? What do you do when your NOT getting paid?

God has made so many different people, with so many cool and differing abilities, it's absolutely amazing!

I have a young friend who makes natural bird cages out of twigs and limbs he gets from the woods out by his home. He posts them on a website and people buy His hand made bird cages!!!  That's how he makes a living!!!!  AMAZING!  So cool to see God doing all this stuff.  :)
~Se7en

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 08:05:28 PM »

And then there were two...

I fill out hiring paperwork for another job monday.  I'm not sure I can make two work, but the new boss tells me it's doable and my current one is willing to be flexible to a large degree too.  Both of them are part-time.  Welcome to the new economy, Dave.   ;D  Some of my co-workers work three.  Kinda makes me cringe to hear some folks talk about the "poor" the way some folks do.  Oh well. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »

Excellent.........keep trying and you will soon have 3 ;D

Rhys
🤫

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »

congrats Dave

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 09:46:17 PM »

I'm giving lots of "thank yous" to God for you new job, Dave!  :D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.