bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When did evil become a spiritual force outside ourselves?  (Read 5216 times)

dodrill

When did evil become a spiritual force outside ourselves?
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:07:19 PM »

I got flawed and tears to my core after watching a graphic representation of religion and man's idea of God in this documentary
Yes - we learn the history - but to visualize ourselves in this person's place - either side of Grace?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GPFjW60ip4
My favorite :) thank you Lord - thank you Grace - thank you Ray

http://bible-truths.com/audio/Bible%20Study%2004-06-08%20Pt_1.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/Bible%20Study%2004-06-08%20Pt_2.mp3
https://www.facebook.com/groups/37312919548/
We are the ones to get sifted - not binding the devil
Its like telling a pendulum clock not to strike
The evil resides in our hearts because of our lust and longing for gosh like qualities
yes the devil - she wears prada
wow
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:45:19 PM by hayley »

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: When did evil become a spiritual force outside ourselves?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:44:10 AM »

The documentary is quite shocking how they tortured people. I'm glad it's not done now, I hope it's not done now.

Excellent too those audios on Despising the word of God.

What's shocking too realise it's that torture still goes on in the church with there teaching, mostly with there hell belief. I guess spiritual spikes being pressed in. Well that's how I felt in my many years there and yet they also preach a message where all is well and wonderful. Nothing felt wonderful to me when they continued to preach a false message of evil. I felt terrible inside with no peace.

Evil has it's place in all of us and a necessary experience to go through. Evil is used
to produce righteousness. To see the light in the darkness within.

In us from the beginning:

Gen 6:5  The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

We are affected by those who input into our life. After so many years of the input from the church I'm glad for the input of Ray into my life now and how God's truth flowed from him to me and others. I get more challenged now in what influence am I going to be to those around me and is God's truth going to shine through.

This passage best answers your question in my understanding:

Rom 7:18  For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.
Rom 7:19  For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.
Rom 7:20  Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
Rom 7:21  So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being,
Rom 7:23  but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
Rom 7:24  Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

It's a force raging away within us with it's various pulls. God's truth seems to be the only cure. That is what I find, always hungry for more of His truth in my life to deal with the evil that is close at hand.

Evil comes out of us from within when we don't do good and need to learn the lesson of it and turn from it and do good.

1Pe 3:9  Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
1Pe 3:10  For "Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit;
1Pe 3:11  let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it.
1Pe 3:12  For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Rhys
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:18:18 AM by Rhys »
🤫

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:46:33 AM »

I like this email too from Ray about evil:

http://bible-truths.com/email3.htm#evil ---------------------------------

God created evil for a purpose. So naturally He will not make evil inoperative at every turn in the road or there would have been no purpose in creating it in the first place.

Evil serves many noble purposes. One of which is a back drop for good. Good cannot be understood or certainly not appreciated without a backdrop of evil. Evil makes good appear even better and is certainly much more appreciated.

Evil is necessary for the production or development of good.  You cannot name one virtue that is not in some way produced by the resistance to some form of evil.

All knowledge is a matter of contrast and relativity. One cannot know what light is unless he has been acquainted with darkness.  One has no conception of large unless he also knows of things that are small. Up is only up in relation to down. Life is the opposite of death, etc. To understand and fully appreciate all of these things, there are many necessary experiences to go through. God creates and puts us through these many things in the development of godly character.

All of these evils can be likened to the creation of a beautiful building. Ugly scaffolding is necessary in the construction of this building. It is ugly and serves no purpose other than in the actual construction of the building. When the building is completed, the scaffolding is torn down and discarded. It serves no further purpose. All evil will be discarded one day. And the last enemy, DEATH, will likewise be ABOLISHED FOR EVER (I Cor. 15:26) and God will "ALL in All"!!!

May God be with you and grant you wisdom and understanding.

Sincerely,

Ray
🤫

loretta

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »

Incredible.  Even more so coming from the Roman Catholic church, the so called, one true church.. The Nazis pale in comparison...

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »

spiritual spikes and knifes to destroy the carnal mind are like, "OUCH that really hurts God"!  but, He knows what and how much is needed to bring us into the full knowledge of His Truths.  there most surely is still torture physical and spiritual going on in this world today.  the recent horrific events in nairobi, kenya are jarring reminders of this.  when asked by someone holding an ak47, if i could recite the name of mohammed's mother, except for a miracle of God, i would be shot on site.  this travesty towards any person, including infants and young children, pregnant women and the elderly, is surely torture rearing it's ugly and vile head in today's society.  i can only find comfort in knowing that the One True God has parameters around evil, and it WILL be destroyed in the end.  and through Jesus Christ all will be righted and set in order.  His order.

claudia

p.s.   thanks hayley for posting the links for ray's study on "despising the Word of God".  i stayed up late listening to both audios.  it was inspiring and comforting.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:48:25 PM by cjwood »

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »

sic couldn't watch the whole first video

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »

Gotta love the church!  ;D
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

loretta

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 02:22:32 AM »

spiritual spikes and knifes to destroy the carnal mind are like, "OUCH that really hurts God"!  but, He knows what and how much is needed to bring us into the full knowledge of His Truths.  there most surely is still torture physical and spiritual going on in this world today.  the recent horrific events in nairobi, kenya are jarring reminders of this.  when asked by someone holding an ak47, if i could recite the name of mohammed's mother, except for a miracle of God, i would be shot on site.  this travesty towards any person, including infants and young children, pregnant women and the elderly, is surely torture rearing it's ugly and vile head in today's society.  i can only find comfort in knowing that the One True God has parameters around evil, and it WILL be destroyed in the end.  and through Jesus Christ all will be righted and set in order.  His order.

Every word so inspired, Claudia. Thank you. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.