bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the spirit of python teaching based on?  (Read 6233 times)

dodrill

What is the spirit of python teaching based on?
« on: September 27, 2013, 08:46:50 AM »

I've heard this terminology before in churchianity - the spirit of python with reference to these scriptures
Acts 16:16
It happened that as we were going to the place of prayer, a slave-girl having a spirit of divination met us, who was bringing her masters much profit by fortune-telling. Following after Paul and us, she kept crying out, saying, "These men are bond-servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation." She continued doing this for many days. But Paul was greatly annoyed, and turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her!"

This spirit of python - is a religious spirit I think - and operates in the sensory realm - we've seen it at its worst in mankind during times like the spanish inquisition. So when I hear the sentimental church music and the emotive preaching of these ministers - I see great manipulation taking place in the flesh. They may be proclaiming elements of truth - but the fear and control is still there - well that's what I see
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:54:20 AM by hayley »

Kat

Re: What is the spirit of python teaching based on?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 10:38:32 AM »

Hi hayley,

(NKJV) Acts 16:16  Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination (G4436) met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling (divining, CLV - soothsaying, Young's).

G4436 divination - Puthōn, poo'-thone. From Πυθώ Puthō (the name of the region where Delphi, the seat of the famous oracle, was located); a Python, that is, (by analogy with the supposed diviner there) inspiration (soothsaying): - divination.

Lev 19:26  "You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor shall you practice divination or soothsaying.

Spirit of python/snake, I believe this is having a familiar spirit or a spirit guide that we here so commonly spoken of today, it is demonic in nature. This is a subtle way the Satan influences people's minds to believe that he is helping them, giving them answers, telling them things nobody could know... it is deception.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:56:23 PM »

Hi Hayley

There is reference to a "reptilian" part of three parts of the brain. (Triune brain)

The "reptilian" brain has all the characteristics of the carnal beast.

As a parable, it is amazing.

The Beast is you is how Ray ends one of his papers. And so it is so, until it is overcome.

dodrill

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »

That's excellent - so its not outside demonic harassment - its the carnal beast in us that needs to submit :) The one that gets uncomfortable when our deeds are brought to light - the great Light - so it feel like we are being squeezed? - I can see the symbolism now and the likeness regarding a snake - to add some more - does this mean each of us before we come out of the shadow / darkness of our human hearts have a spirit of divination? thinking we can make our own plans? (freewill) and listening to the lying spirit
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:04:36 PM by hayley »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »

.... does this mean each of us before we come out of the shadow / darkness of our human hearts have a spirit of divination? thinking we can make our own plans? (freewill)

Of course ~

Kat

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »

It is very subtle the way these spirits can influence us, but Christ spoke right to the heart of the matter when Peter was becoming swayed in what he was thinking.

Mat 16:21  From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.
v. 22  Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!"
v. 23  But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

dodrill

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »

Thank you ladies
I love how this pans out
Acts 16:19 When her owners realized that their hope of making money was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to face the authorities.

Makes me realise you cannot make money selling your books supposedly exposing the works of the devil - when it is our carnal thinking and love of money and control that has decieved us

Ian 155

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 08:22:31 AM »

Great Thread Ladies

onelovedread

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 09:43:05 AM »

Hayley
These "missionaries" have truly spread their false teachings.
You in South Africa have been exposed to this "spirit of python", a term not even found in scripture, just as I was on the other side of the world in Jamaica (Caribbean). And it was a pet teaching of the "bishop" at the last Church I attended here in New York.
Isn't it assuring that despite man's vain efforts, God controls all?

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 10:12:55 AM »

Hayley
These "missionaries" have truly spread their false teachings.
You in South Africa have been exposed to this "spirit of python", a term not even found in scripture, just as I was on the other side of the world in Jamaica (Caribbean). And it was a pet teaching of the "bishop" at the last Church I attended here in New York.

Yep, reminds me of this scripture:

Matt. 23:15 - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are going about the sea and the dry land to make one proselyte, and whenever he may be becoming one, you are making him more than double a son of Gehenna than you are."

Jesus even followed up with a "reptilian" comparison:

Matt. 23:33 "Serpents! Progeny of vipers! How may you be fleeing from the judging of Gehenna?"

René
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.