bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bridge (Movie)  (Read 6212 times)

loretta

The Bridge (Movie)
« on: October 05, 2013, 01:29:12 AM »

I am reading Ray's paper WHY DOES GOD LOVE YOU?

http://bible-truths.com/WhyGodLovesYou.htm

Why should submitting His Son to a brutal beating and crucifixion "please Him?"

"Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He hath put Him to grief: when You shall make His soul an offering [death on the cross] for sin" (Isaiah 53:10)

The Hebrew word translated "bruise" means: "to crumble; beat to pieces, break (in pieces), bruise, contrite, crush, destroy, humble, oppress, smite" (Strong's Hebrew Lexicon). Read that again... Think about that for a few minutes... How could such human devastation, depravation, and cruel degradation, to One's only Son possibly "PLEASE" His Father? God had to know that what He was doing would not produce the slightest failure. Such an unfathomable sacrifice could only be justified if it produced 100% total success and perfection.

God was not taking a chance by sacrificing His Son "while" we were yet sinners, "before" we ever repented, because God knows that salvation is totally in His hands and not in the hands of humanity. If repentance, conversion, and salvation was up to us, God could not be sure that one single person would ever repent and be saved.

I recalled watching this short movie, Most - The Bridge, several years ago about a father's ultimate sacrifice.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoQJI5HTSss

What I didn't appreciate at the time was the fact that all passengers on the train are saved and how much more poignant the parallel is to the gospel.

loretta

Re: The Bridge (Movie)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 07:58:13 AM »

Very emotional movie
I don't enjoy my emotions being played like strings on a violin

Sorry Haley, I didn't realize that the version I posted had a preacher's voiceover for added (emotional) effect.  That was unintended.  :(

The full (better) version can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKR7oublZcY instead.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »

I found that movie rather emotional too.

I do like what Ray says about God not taking a chance and it's always a sure thing with Him.

Salvation is in His hands - Amen and Amen

Rhys
🤫

loretta

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 05:28:28 AM »

Hey Hayley and Rhys,

I like the point you both make about salvation being a sure thing (not a last minute pulling of the lever!).  The light is beginning to dawn on me. Thanks very much. :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:43:09 AM by loretta »

dodrill

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 07:25:33 AM »

Loretta - you are a sweet heart - sorry if I come across as hostile - I just was never 'good' enough to be a christian before I came to these truths - and that is why I oppose strongly anything that sounds too churchy xx
Thank God it is not about me and how I respond :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.