bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Narrow gate located I think  (Read 5088 times)

rick

Narrow gate located I think
« on: October 06, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »

This free will thing is worth meditating on everyday as well as discussing it here at B.T.
I'm seeing this as the difference between living life in the spirit or living life in the flesh, being a slave to sin or a slave to righteousness.

So as I become dethrone which is a process then less of the deeds of the flesh are manifest. As I come to terms that man does not direct his footsteps which means no free will and no free choice the greater is my awareness of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ living within me rather than with me.

I can not serve two masters, I will be loyal to one and disloyal to the other, I can not serve both God and myself.

What I'm learning here is that everything is according to Gods timetable and I can do nothing on my own. I feel very comfortable knowing I am right where God wants me to be, that is to say, I'm not ahead nor am I behind, God knows the ends from the beginning even of my entire life. 

And so the work that He God has started in me He God will also complete in me and that is of Him God and not of me. THANK YOU JESUS

It's a strange thing to me but I found what I was not looking for but have been found by God. Could this be the narrow gate our Lord was talking about ? Could this be the difference between the many and the few ? It truly is Of God.

Love and peace to all of you and God Bless.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Narrow gate located I think
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »

Well said and it feels narrow to me too but I'm glad that God knows how narrow it needs to be.

I like the CLV version about the gate:

Mat 7:13 Enter through the cramped gate, for broad is the gate and spacious is the way which is leading away into destruction, and many are those entering through it."
Mat 7:14 Yet what a cramped gate and narrowed way is the one leading away into life, and few are those who are finding it."

Cramped doesn't feel pleasant and wondering how do I get through here. No wonder most go though the other one as you don't feel cramped there. We who are getting cramped now should be glad of it for the life we shall receive. Few are those who get cramped now as not many fit through that gate.

Rhys
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:13:34 PM by Rhys »
🤫

rick

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 08:34:54 PM »

Thanks for the reply Rhys, I've learned so much from the lake of fire series and what's really awesome to me is that I accept it and understand it so that's telling me God is opening my eyes if you will.

Its been almost five year since I been on this website but I tell you I was not ready at that time, its wonderful to be back with true believers who understand these truths of God.

God bless you Rhys and peace be with you.

Duane

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 09:01:36 PM »

Isn't it odd how I posted on the same topic having not looked below to yours?

rick

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »

Hello Duane and God bless. I believe the Lord might be showing us something here. I read your thread  ( Broad is the way ) and can identify with your post. Is it strange I don't think so. God is showing me something here and also you too.

Love and peace and God bless.

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 12:54:18 AM »

the narrow, compressed, and cramped gate; dying daily to the carnal desires, burying our lusting heart now, in this age.  on this side of the earth.
the broad and spacious, wide gate; living daily to the carnal desires, making alive the lusts of the heart now, in this age.  on this side of the earth.

the way of Christ is the narrow, compressed, and cramped gate door which we must enter through now.
the way of our adversary is the broad and spacious, wide gate which we are exhorted time and again to avoid now.

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 03:53:09 AM »

The narrow gate is within.

The Kingdom of God is within ~ so is the King of kings, within.

Who would know it! ~ there is SO much distraction in and OF the world!

Self defense is the largest distraction. God needs no defense. Neither does Truth.

Free will is the willfulness of ego.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 11:41:20 AM »

Hi Rick,

Mat 7:13  "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
v. 14  Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

I think that in these verse Jesus sums up this age that we live in. The "broad way" is the way 'many' or actually all of humanity go down that path and it most certainly will lead to "destruction." There are a very few that are pulled/drawn aside from that path.

John 6:44  No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him...

These few were destined to be the elect even "before the foundation of the world," (Eph 1:4), none have earned or even deserve to be an elect in any way, it is God's gift despite what we are, carnal/hostile. So it is as you said...

And so the work that He God has started in me He God will also complete in me and that is of Him God and not of me. THANK YOU JESUS

It's a strange thing to me but I found what I was not looking for but have been found by God. Could this be the narrow gate our Lord was talking about ? Could this be the difference between the many and the few ?

The knowledge of the truth/Jesus Christ is the narrow gate and there have been so many who desired to know the truth, but it is reserved for only a very few.

Luke 13:24  "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Mat 13:16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear.
v. 17  Truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

This world is full of religion and they believe they have found the narrow way, they think they know Christ, and they will have to endure the ultimate shame when Christ says to them depart from Me I never knew you.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
v. 23  And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Luke 13:27  But He will say, "I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'

mercy, peace and love
Kat

se7en

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »

Rick,

That is so beautiful, I love your comment when you said "You are not behind or ahead but exaclty where Christ has you", and that He will complete you.

I tell you, there is so much peace in that!!! I can surely identify with you. :)

I'm so thankful that the Lord has opened our eyes and ears to see and hear Truth. Like you Rick, I was looking for an answer to a question and BLAMMO God showed up! He dragged me and is dragging me to Himself.

I wanted to expound upon what Kat was saying. This also pertains to Duane's other post, since you guys were asking similar types of questions concerning the wide and narrow gates.....

Duane,

I think the quick answer is.... Absolutely, I think your right. At His bidding, God can do whatever He wants to do. He's God!

The long answer....

Luk 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

This is just another parable of the many and few.... old man, new man... first Adam, last Adam. It's in Ray's 12 Truth's to understanding God's Word (linked above)

Now ALL these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for OUR ADMONITION [to reprove, caution, warn, remind of obligation or duty, etc.], upon whom the ends of the world [‘eons—ages’] are come" (I Cor. 10:11).

Mat 4:4  But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

The "many" and the "few" along with the "narrow gate" is a parable that speaks of a spiritual Truth within our heavens... it's all ONE in Christ. We are all first, in the first Adam, and all that is in him, and then we are all eventually in the last Adam and all that is in Him:

1Co 15:47  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48  As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49  And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Jn 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

It's just the called, chosen and faithful are given the eyes to see NOW. However, there will be a later harvest and they will go through the fiery experience of having evil doctrines/lies burned out too.

"Every man’s work shall be made manifest for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try [test, examine, judge] every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide that he has built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss, BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED; yet so as by fire" (I Cor. 3:13-15).

So to wrap up... yes absolutely God could have chosen 90% to go through the "compressed gate" and FEW to go through the "wide gate", He can do anything He wants to, He's the absolute rule maker. But when we take the SUM of God's word as Truth, that's not what He does.

Did that help answer what you were asking? I hope I understood what you were saying.
~Se7en

se7en

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »

And just to add on, Rick. I really think what you said is true. God wants us to know that we ourselves are beasts, and that God alone is sovereign!

For Christ to show up in the brightness of His coming in our Heavens and to displace that man of perdition, that beast, that old man within me.  That is a hard and narrow gate to enter through indeed.

But thank God it's all His work and His doing. If it wasn't for the brighness of His coming in my life, I'd still be preaching and teaching babylon. I'm so, so, very thankful and honored that He would show us HIM!!!!

THANK YOU JESUS!!!

TO HIM WHO SITS ON THE THRONE AND TO THE LAMB BE GLORY AND HONOR AND POWER TO THE AGES OF THE AGES!!!
~Se7en

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »

amen and amen se7en!

claudia

rick

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 11:57:29 PM »

:)

rick

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 12:05:03 AM »

I want to thank all of you for your input to this topic (  Rhys, Cjwood, Arcturus, Kat and Se7en ) for all of your responses. It helps me with my understanding. Its wonderful having brothers and sisters who are knowledgeable in the things of the Lord.

I never found in any of the churches I had attended what I have found here at B.T and its wonderful being here with all of you.

Love and peace to all of you.

se7en

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 02:25:27 PM »

And Likewise to you as well Rick!  So good to see a brother in the same mindset.... the mindset of THE CHRIST!!!

You can definitely tell who is from what camp by the things they say and do. I appreciate your comments and posts, what a blessing!!
~Se7en
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.