bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Staying Safe  (Read 3482 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Staying Safe
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »

On a cloudy, drizzly Saturday I was out doing yard work for a good part of the day. One of the projects I wanted to do was make a big bonfire to get rid of some brush and fallen tree limbs. A lot of the wood was wet, but I wanted to try anyway, so I got some dry twigs to get it going. I tried twice, but each time the raindrops put it out. On the third try, the rains came heavier than they had come all day, so I finally surrendered. I said, half-joking, "Well Father, I guess you just don't want me to make a fire today." The rains came heavier still, so I postponed the other project I was working on too (raking a big pile of weeds and sticks.) I went back in the house with my dog, and a handful of minutes later, a small tornado ripped right through our yard. It probably would not have been good to have a bonfire going during a tornado. Also, a large tree (over 30 feet tall) crashed right where I had been raking. Thanks be to God for watching over us. 8)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Staying Safe
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:05:16 PM »

You and brother Enoch.   :)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 02:15:01 PM »

Glad you are safe Jesse! Sure do miss hearing from you friend :)

Well I hope all is well with you, other than tree's falling over your head, of course :P
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 04:37:45 PM »

grateful you and your dog are safe jesse.  did the tornado take the pile of brush out of your yard for you?  i am thankful your house was left standing, along with your faith. 

claudia

se7en

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »

Extol,

So glad you are okay!  Thank you so much for sharing this... It's amazing the works God does to the children of men!

Psalms 107:8 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

I have to add this in a well..... We know God is working all things....

I had a friend (Tim) who went golfing with another buddy and they were in two seperate golf karts. Tim said they were driving to the next hole and he heard a loud "SNAP" and this huge tree limb fell directly onto his buddy's golf kart, right in front of Tim. It killed Tim's friend instantly. Tim watched his friend die.

They were just out enjoying an afternoon of golf!

AMAZING!!!  AMAZING!!!!

Psalms 107:8 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

ECC 7:1  A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth.

Extol saved from being squished by a tree..... AMAZING!!!

Tim's friend died by tree limb.... AMAZING!!!!

I am constantly in wide eyed wonder at all these events that God works. I'm like a little kid watching a magic show. It simply amazes me, and I'm  SO VERY THANKFUL He's given us the eyes to see and the ears to hear.... to know it's all of Him.  I LOVE IT!!!

*does happy dance*

Thank you Extol for posting this!
~Se7en

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »

Glad your OK

Isa 32:18  My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.

The storms of life come - physical and spiritual and reading your story got me thinking though the storm may be overwhelming and we can wonder where God is there is a place in the midst of it where peace dwells and no storm can touch.

Our choices do not stop God's will:

Act 27:15  And when the ship was caught and could not face the wind, we gave way to it and were driven along.
Act 27:20  When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest lay on us, all hope of our being saved was at last abandoned.
Act 27:21  Since they had been without food for a long time, Paul stood up among them and said, "Men, you should have listened to me and not have set sail from Crete and incurred this injury and loss.
Act 27:22  Yet now I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship.
Act 27:23  For this very night there stood before me an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I worship,
Act 27:24  and he said, 'Do not be afraid, Paul; you must stand before Caesar. And behold, God has granted you all those who sail with you.'
Act 27:25  So take heart, men, for I have faith in God that it will be exactly as I have been told.
Act 27:26  But we must run aground on some island."

Safe in Him always even if we feel we have run aground on some island. The ship may be destroyed but not us who sail on it.

Rhys
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 07:21:27 PM »

brilliant and uplifting post response rhys! 

claudia

Extol

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 02:45:29 AM »

Claudia,

The brush pile is still there. Actually, after a day of cleanup yesterday, there are now numerous brush piles! Hooray! Along with the fallen mulberry tree, we also lost all six apple trees and the pear tree split in half.  :-\ Very happy all the animals are okay though!

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 04:04:33 AM »

oh my jesse!  i cannot imagine going through that type of experience.  i used to have nightmares about tornadoes.  it is clear how God protected you and all you hold most dear in the storm.  winds splitting your peach tree in half is kind of eerie.  ok, it's very eerie. 

it is nothing short of amazing how Father God through His Son protects us amidst the many varied storms in our lives.  live is but a vapor. 

claudia

gregorydc

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 08:24:51 AM »

Are you sure your not back in Mo?  Lol. Glad God has brought you through this safely friend. Too bad about your orchard though, replanting is a good option. Just remember if God wants you to do it it will prosper.
  Greg

Extol

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »

Haha I was more scared of tornadoes in Missouri, that's for sure! A neighbor said this was only the second October tornado in the history of Wisconsin.  :o

We're not too torn up about the fruit trees; we've only had the place about 10 months so we were not terrible attached to anything here. I do love fruit though :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.