bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it ok for Christians to use birth control?  (Read 9636 times)

loretta

Is it ok for Christians to use birth control?
« on: October 01, 2013, 02:30:04 AM »

Many forms of hormonal birth control can be abortifacient (cause early chemical abortions) by obstructing the implantation of the newly formed human embryo in his or her mother’s womb. After more than 40 years of killing through surgical abortion, and now with the new breed of chemical abortifacients such as Plan B (Morning After Pill), the Ortho Evra Patch, and Depo-Provera, the link between abortion and contraception is undeniable. http://pop.org/content/contraception-solution-abortion-no-way

This subject has caused me much angst since my conversion.  However as pointed out by a moderator in another thread, I'm learning the wisdom of

Eccl 7:16 Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise-- why destroy yourself ?

Nonetheless, I believe that we cannot gloss over the subject without applying necessary wisdom.  Recently, I came across Toni Weschler's book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' http://www.tcoyf.com/ which offers a fresh look at natural birth control, pregnancy achievement, and reproductive health through the fertility awareness method (FAM).  While this is a women's issue, it can also be viewed as a joint responsibility of husband and wife, which would mitigate the risk of an unwanted pregnancy.  Although I consider myself too old to effect such changes, I offer this lovingly, as I would to my daughters when they come of age. 

se7en

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Is it ok for Christians to use birth control?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:22:31 PM »

After our second child my wife and I agreed for me to get snipped.

the ultimate birth control!!!!

I saw a T-shirt a while back that showed the mother Mary with baby Jesus in her arms and on the T-shirt it said.... "Abstenance is 99.99% effective."

:)
~Se7en

loretta

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 04:33:31 AM »

'The Disappearing  Male' is scary.:(  At this rate we won't require any form of birth control! 

Seems God or evil, is one step ahead of us each way we choose to go.

Romans chapter 1 comes to mind. He gave them over...

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »

Whatever is not of faith is sin.  If someone really feels that birth control is wrong or sinful then they shouldn't use it.  I'd have no problem with is as God is in control whether I would use it or not.  If God wants a woman to conceive she'll conceive birth control or not and vice versa.

loretta

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 01:58:34 AM »

Whatever is not of faith is sin.  If someone really feels that birth control is wrong or sinful then they shouldn't use it.  I'd have no problem with is as God is in control whether I would use it or not.  If God wants a woman to conceive she'll conceive birth control or not and vice versa.

You're so right Arion.  Except sometimes we have spouses who are yet unregenerate which is why the Fertility Awareness Method is a sure alternative.

Talking about birth control, seems like it is no longer an issue that concerns the parents themselves. According to the World Intellectual Property Organization, which is part of the United Nations, scientists from the organization are developing vaccines specifically to damage fertility – as a method of contraception. A suggested ingredient for the vaccine is polysorbate 80. As a preferred ingredient, scientists are obviously aware of its ability to cause infertility. - See more at: http://www.naturalhealth365.com/vaccine_dangers/population-control.html#sthash.3z4ll9iJ.dpuf

Globalist Eugenics Population Control Plan Exposed in India
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptuWOxsyVoI

ALL is of God!

Duane

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:33:08 PM »

I see nowhere in the Bible that birth control is condemned.  It is the Catholic Church that teaches that birth control is a sin.   
However, what is there for THEM to lose?
A.  The CHURCH nor the POPE have to support the additional children--
B.  The Poorest (overpopulated) countries in the WORLD are predominately Catholic.
C.  More Catholic babies--more Catholics in the church--and FUTURE Catholics!

I once asked a priest:
"Do you know what they call people who use the "rhythm method?
He said: "NO! What?"
I said: PARENTS!

se7en

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »

Haha Duane,

You reminded me of the movie "The Meaning of Life" by Monty Python.

Where that woman is doing the dishes standing up and she pops out a baby. She tells one of her 20 kids to pick it up, wash it off and put it to work.

was that "Meaning of Lif" or "Life of Brian"?  It's been so long.

Hahahahaha.
~Se7en

gregorydc

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 02:11:14 PM »

That was the meaning of life, seven. The life of brian was the poke at "christian religion"  both of which are hilarious.

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 02:46:15 PM »

and some people have become parents because they used the "rhythm method" but they just had no rhythm.   ;D ;D

claudia

loretta

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 03:48:05 AM »

I must clarify here that the Fertility Awareness Method is different from the rhythm method (or Natural Family Planning) which is why there can be no failures if followed properly.  While traditional barrier contraceptives have their own disadvantages, oral or chemical contraceptive are far more dangerous to women's health.

True, that the Bible does not condemn birth control.  But the Bible does offer precepts and principles to help us choose life rather than death.

Deut 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Finally, it is far too simplistic to associate poverty with overpopulation and it leads to various excesses like abortion, female infanticide, coerced methods of family planning as in India and China, skewed male:female ratios. Declining birth rates in developed countries is creating big changes throughout the developed world. The replacement rate—the reproduction rate that keeps a population stable—for developed countries is 2.1, yet nearly half the world’s population has birth rates lower than that. This is definitely not good news for the future or for the economy.

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 05:08:55 AM »

loretta, i want to go off topic for a moment to say i pray that you and your loved ones are safe from the huge cyclone that is heading toward india.  i just saw the headline about it online. 

claudia

loretta

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 12:44:10 AM »

loretta, i want to go off topic for a moment to say i pray that you and your loved ones are safe from the huge cyclone that is heading toward india.  i just saw the headline about it online. 

claudia

Bless your heart Claudia, thank you for caring!  We're on the west coast out of harm's way.  But hope it doesn't impact as forecasted.  The affected states are well prepared but any calamity in India leaves the poor so much poorer.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 12:55:06 AM by loretta »

onelovedread

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »

How can we be sure (as you've stated) that this is "definitely not good news for the future or the economy"?  Especially if we believe that God controls all and is working all things according to His ultimate plan?

microlink

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 12:39:50 PM »

Very well said Haley. I sometimes wonder if we use the phrase : it is God's Will to cover what is happening as a simple cop out. And although God is responsible for all that happens, we have accountability. With that accountability comes living according to the Beatitudes and other commandments relating to loving God and loving neighbour.

onelovedread

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »

No doubt we sometimes do on a personal level.
You guys do realize however that I was referring specifically to Loretta's comment on the reduction of world populations and man's approaches to that problem, being part of God's ultimate plan.
As Ray says, God creates the circumstances from which man makes caused choices.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 01:38:11 PM »

Paul said it this way: 

Rom 7:18  For I know that in me, that is in my flesh, dwells no good. For to will (the good) is present to me, but to work out the good I do not find.
Rom 7:19  For what good I desire, I do not do. But the evil I do not desire, this I do.
Rom 7:20  But if I do what I do not desire, it is no longer I working it out, but the sin dwelling in me.
Rom 7:21  I find then the law, when I desire to do the right, that evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the Law of God according to the inward man;
Rom 7:23  but I see another law in my members having warred against the law of my mind, and taking me captive by the law of sin being in my members.
Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then I myself with the mind truly serve the Law of God, and with the flesh the law of sin.

Paul wanted to do good and did not want to do evil.  Paul was unable to do all the good he wanted and unable to stop all the evil.

Same is true of us.  Why can't I do all the good I want?

Speaking practically, not theologically, here's a short incomplete list of reasons.

1.  I DO NOT KNOW how to do good in all situations.
2.  I DO NOT KNOW what IS good in all situations.
3.  I am inadequate to do all the good I want to do.
4.  I am often too weak to do much good at all.

Now then, how am I delivered from this "body" of ignorance and weakness?  I thank God through Jesus Christ I am delivered.  Perhaps He will show me what really IS good.  Perhaps He will help me to know how to do good.  Perhaps He will grant me increasing opportunities to do more good, once He has shown me what it is and how to do it.  And until then, perhaps He will strengthen me to do what little good I can.

Just me talking, but I would rather be frustrated in my desire to 'do good' than to be a lump on a sofa.  It's obvious to me that Paul could NOT KNOW what he said was true without having TRIED to do good, after all.  But a failure to be HUMBLE in the face of my own ignorances and weaknesses is NOT the way to begin and NOT how the Lord of All began His ministry among us.

So then, do what you want...you will anyway.  And be molded through pressure and heat into His image.  That will happen too.  Jesus is Lord. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 01:40:24 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

loretta

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »

How can we be sure (as you've stated) that this is "definitely not good news for the future or the economy"?  Especially if we believe that God controls all and is working all things according to His ultimate plan?

I understand the point you are trying to make JohnChris.  It is a great comfort to know that everything will be redeemed according to His ultimate plan.  However, I also believe that we, the Elect of God, the saviors of the world, are being prepared for such a position by the revelation of truth(s) of God and His righteousness and we are called to resist evil.

Jam 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

Jam 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Jam 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Jam 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

Jam 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

jam 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

onelovedread

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »

JfK
My free will prevents me from praying for you  :(
Hope you understand brother ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.