bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My favorite sin.  (Read 5928 times)

rick

My favorite sin.
« on: October 11, 2013, 01:34:17 AM »

I believe everyone has a favorite sin that they /me enjoy doing even though they /me know inwardly its not right. My favorite sin isn't so favorite anymore but rather a thorn in my side. I was reading in the book of Romans that Paul had a thorn in his side also.

Paul went on to say that when he went to do good evil was present and that the thing he wanted to do that he didn't do but the thing he didn't want to do was the thing he did do , he also said that with his mind he served the law of God but with his flesh the law of sin and ask who would save him from this body of death, he concluded by saying thank you Jesus Christ.

I'm not sure that which is transpiring within me but things aren't the same with me after reading the lake of fire especially the free will series ,I don't want to say that I don't have thoughts like anyone else cause that would be deceiving but my favorite sin isn't so favorite anymore .
Forgive me please but my life seemed fine before I read the lake of fire, now its like I have nothing but calamity's in my life or this life I'm living.

There is a part of me that does want to say to God  take this cup from me I do want to drink from it and yet let your will be done and not my will but I know who's going to win that one anyways so I will not ask.

I guess I have to go through these things I'm now experiencing and maybe its better now than later but I do wish I could find some place to hide away if that were possible but I know its not.

Maybe most of you here can relate to these things I say but none the less I feel as though I'm in uncharted waters or maybe I should say lake of fire.

I guess its easy to say praise you Lord but its hard when ones whole life is being turned upside down, Guess God knows how to get my attention. If I were to say that I'm brave to you it would be dishonest of me, I'm scared , maybe I'm afraid to let go of the life I'm so comfortable with after all its the only life I've known.

I meditate on the last night of ours Lords life in the garden and how he agonize knowing what was about to happen to him in just a few short hours and he also ask to have the cup he was about to drink from taken away too but He Jesus said not my will but your will be done Father.

I guess Jesus knows what I'm going through and he knows of my fears but I have to also say not my will be done but your will be done in me Lord.

I guess one should be careful of what they read but could it of been any other way, I doubt it and besides when God wins which he always does then we win too.   

Love and peace to all of you.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: My favorite sin.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 11:08:44 AM »

My favorite sin isn't so favorite anymore but rather a thorn in my side.

It is a process, Rick.  The conversion of the heart.  If Christ is making your "heart" anew, your sinful nature will be exposed and dealt with.  It is a necessary part of the process.  He will show you who you truly are from the heart, and He will show you that it is only through Him that you can change, as the Apostle Paul fully understood.

It is a good thing that your "favorite sin" is becoming unpleasant for you.  It is also a good thing that your life is in a "state of calamity."  It sounds like the process (conversion of the heart) has begun. 8)

René

Kat

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 01:12:59 PM »

Hi Rick,

Well I remember back when I was still in church that a part of my prayer was 'please show me the truth.' I prayed that for a long time and did not have it happen when I first asked for it or for a long time as I continued to ask. But at the right time, and not until He had fully prepared me, then He brought me to Bible-truths and opened my eyes and boy then I had more truth than I knew what to do with.

It was great to see all this truth, to day after day have profound truths revealed while reading Ray's articles. So God had shown me the truth that I had asked to have for so long, but now I had to do more, much more than just know these truths, I had to apply these truths that I was learning to my own life. Now that is so much more than just seeing and knowing truth.

So as you were saying, when my sins were revealed I no longer enjoyable them and even found them to become intolerable. So as we struggle with the beast that becomes so annoyingly resistant to change and tries to hang on to that old way of living, the spirit within gives us victories. So the process goes on for the rest of our lives.

Something I have come to realize is that the more I progress forward in embracing these truths, the more I become isolated. First I left the church and many 'friends' I had there... but it seems that church was really the only thing that I had in common with them, so none of them remained. But I have also noticed that I am getting more distant from my family (mainly extended family) as well. Getting together with them for 'fun' things is not so much fun anymore and even holidays is not what it used to be.

But even though I don't desire to be isolated, it's kind of funny that it's not bothering me that much either. I mean I see family regularly, but not nearly as much as before and I'm okay with that.

I think we have to come to appreciate the time that God gives us for study, meditation and prayer. And if our heart would rather be doing things with family and friends, then chances are that we will drift right back out into the world with them.

John 15:19  If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Mat 6:24  "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

You just got me to thinking about things...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »

My favorite sin..... All of em.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »

My favorite sin..... All of em.

haha....very good longhorn
🤫

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »

I find the same struggle myself and being isolated but God reveals His truth through it.

I found this passage from Ray which helps me:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2465.msg19224.html#msg19224

> Mr. Smith,
>
> It amazes me the spiritual knowledge you have of God's
> word. I believe there are very, very few who have the
> spirtual maturity you have been given from God. I
> happened upon your site a year ago, and every word you
> said was so true and pure it was like I waited 23
> years to hear the true gospel. But, every since then I
> have struggled so hard to hold fast to my faith and
> beat my sinful nature. Every since I read your
> material it is like I have been tormented by Satan. I
> know through many trials and tribulations we obtain
> maturity. I often wonder why I have learned so much
> about the lord so quickly and why me? I just ask if
> you have time to answer please do. Keep me in your
> prayers as I will keep you in mine. Stay strong
> brother and God Bless. From a true believer and
> servant of the Lord.

Dear Garrett:
Yours is a common frustration. Many write me with similar struggles
with the flesh after coming into a knowledge of the Truth. I did the
same. I left my First Love and went back into the world, all the while
knowing that I couldn't conquor my flesh. I was so happy for what I
'preceived to be "greasy grace."  Thank God for grace, because I knew
I wasn't going to be saved without it.
I still believe that that part of it is true (about saved by grace only), but
I also know that it is possible when God gets ready, to conquor your
major sins so that sin no longer "reigns over you."  You will not be totally
perfect and mature, but you will not be giving into every pull of the flesh,
for sexual gratification, lust for money, power, good looks, eternal youth,
perfect health, interesting job, travel and excitement, etc., etc., etc.  You
will learn to enjoy the simple pleasure of life like, breathing, sleeping,
walking, talking to your wife, eating a pizza, and going to bed early on a
Saturday night.
God will make you really WANT to stop sinning, long before you will
ACTUALLY stop sinning. It's part of the struggle; part of the good
fight of faith; part of overcoming the flesh.  Don't become discouraged, as
God WILL SEE YOUR THROUGH!

God be with you,
Ray

When I think about my own issues and struggles I think of this verse:

Php 1:6  And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Seems hard at times and even I'm a bit harsh with myself at times but we need to trust God. He started this process in our lives and He is the one that will complete it.

Rejoice in the Lord and continue in His word through it all. It's all part of the good fight and it's good to be in that sort of fight. There are times we do right and times we do wrong but it is all a process we all have to go through to be brought to completion.

Rhys
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:18:15 PM by Rhys »
🤫

rick

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 09:48:59 PM »

Thanks Rene ,Kat and Rhys. Its good to hear all your responses, don't think it doesn't help me because it really does and I would not of gotten the responses I received here in any of the churches I attended. This site truly is a blessing for those who are led here.

I went from having a great fear of hell and burning forever to understanding this is nothing less than blasphemy against God from those who teach it to those who believe it. What and incredible comfort it is to know the truth.

Also knowing I don't have free will or free choice helps me understand God is really leading my life and always had and yet I'm also comforted knowing that too. all of you truly are a blessing to me and my walk with our lord and God. I thank you all so much.

PS Longhorn thank you too for responding , I guess one can find a little humor on this site as well. Sometimes I guess we all need humor too.

Love and peace to all of you my brothers and sisters.

thewatchman

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 10:27:11 PM »

Relax Rick. It is the dealings of a loving father, but it is a violent process this dying to self. These dealings are designed to enable you to overcome. Don't be given to condemnation. You never had any ability to overcome this by yourself. It is the work of Christ within you, your hope of glory. All that needs to proceed from your lips is "Yes and Amen Father". Let him do his thing within you and you will be a better man for it.  You will come through it and you will be able to look back on it with joy. 8)

rick

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »

Hello thewatchman

There is so much truth in what you had said and I see it that way too, there is nothing I can do or deal with on my own or by my own power, in reality I do not have the ability to live up to the standards of God.

In a way that comforts me because I know I'll fail if left up to me where as Christ won't fail. If I could do it on my own then I would be able to boast but scripture is clear in that no flesh can boast.

I remember reading something that Ray was teaching on man was not made in Gods image but rather was being made in Gods image. In short its not a done deal at least not yet but we all look forward to that grand day.

Thanks for your response and I find this website so incredible with the knowledge and understanding that is available to any and all who would seek it. this is a huge blessing no doubt.

Love and peace to all of you.

loretta

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 09:01:14 AM »

Something I have come to realize is that the more I progress forward in embracing these truths, the more I become isolated. First I left the church and many 'friends' I had there... but it seems that church was really the only thing that I had in common with them, so none of them remained. But I have also noticed that I am getting more distant from my family (mainly extended family) as well. Getting together with them for 'fun' things is not so much fun anymore and even holidays is not what it used to be.

But even though I don't desire to be isolated, it's kind of funny that it's not bothering me that much either. I mean I see family regularly, but not nearly as much as before and I'm okay with that.

I can sure relate to that Kat.  I thought I was going insane!  I mean the world lets you feel that something is amiss with you.  And yet, I love my own company and the spiritual fellowship that this site affords me. 

Yes Rick, it is true what Ray wrote about not giving in to every pull of the flesh.  Holidays, travel, shopping, eating out, the movies, hanging out with friends, endless rounds on the social circuit, even talking, becomes less desirous.  I still lust for chocolate, but I suppose God will deal with that in the end :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 03:02:22 PM »

My favorite sin that I love to hate....

The lust of the flesh. Sigh.

What gets me the most is when Jesus says;

"Why do you call me Lord and do not the things which I say?"

How painful is that to hear? Right..
We have to really trust Him on this and pray without ceasing. Jesus said the spirit is willing (We've all felt this willingness, we want to follow Him so badly!) but the flesh is weak (We've all felt that weakness, our flesh indulges and loves these sinful things.) It's exactly as Paul said it;

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members

So....

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Knowing that He who has began the good work in our will finish it! For we are His workmanship!

In Christ,
Alex

P.S. The flesh sucks! :P
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »

P.S. The flesh sucks! :P

absolutely alex!   ;D ;D   never a better stated p.s. have i ever seen before.   :)

claudia

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:26:24 PM by cjwood »

rick

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »

Hello lilitalienboi16.

Thank you for response as I am forever learning the deeper meaning of the things of God, first through Rays teachings but also I believe Jesus talks to each one of us through each other.

Your P.S said so much to me in that it came through that because of my flesh the carnal mind part of me is indeed my relationship with our Lord ( the flesh sucks ) think about it, because of my flesh/carnal mind I need to go to Christ constantly praying to divide the word of God rightly, asking for forgiveness and every other aspect of my life and its all because of the flesh/carnal mind thing which God planed it out that way. Pretty cool I think.

Yes the flesh is to us a burdensome thing but because of it we really need to run to Jesus the whole day through. Its a part of Gods master plan for us.

Peace and love to all my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

thewatchman

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 11:11:41 PM »

I look back over my years as a Christian. I had wonderful teachers. I was never taught rapture and nonsense like that. I was taught that the flesh needed to die, but no-one could ever show me how, probably because they didn't know either. I think very few people actually do. I would beg God, plead, try to bargain, Read my word, chant scriptures trying to convince myself I was more able than I really was. Cloak myself with condemnation. I thought the hard times were a reflection of my own unworthiness and a punishment for fleshly thought and actions. I never knew that the very trials I was lamenting were in fact my answers to prayer that I was seeking. The trials were about me learning to overcome and my lack of understanding and carnal mind never understood. That only comes with a 'rhema' moment when God reveals. Since my moment, I have learnt to come into agreement with these trials and receive them with gladness as well as I can and I have changed more in the last 4 years than my entire previous 35 year walk.
I have repented of judging myself unrighteously and condemning myself. No longer given to self-pity, which isn't really one of the fruits of the spirit. I now know that his word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path....not a hundred steps down the path, but right where my feet are. For my next step. We need to pay more attention to the moment we are in so that we can benefit from it and not be constantly looking ahead so that we don't trip needlessly. If we don't learn the lesson now for today, we will have to go through it again and that's a wasted opportunity. It isn't my choice or your choice what God chooses to deal with each day. You just can't decide how you are going to change. That's not your right. We are just the clay. The purpose comes from the potter. You will sin in other areas, but concentrate on what God is dealing with. he will get to those other areas in his own time. If he's not bent out of shape then you shouldn't be either. Don't intentionally hurt others if you have it in your power not to. There is no excuse for behaving badly, but neither is there any condemnation either.
I hope this helps you all have your 'rhema' moment. be encouraged

God Bless  8)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:19:26 PM by thewatchman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.