bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Friendly Cow  (Read 9542 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Friendly Cow
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:39:23 PM »

Cows over the fence next to the river today. Handed some grass to one, they normally run away even if you get slightly close but this one came up to me and ate from my hand........I still have my hand  ;)

The cow had No 1 on it's ear....maybe that's why he is so friendly.....haha

Rhys
🤫

cjwood

Re: Friendly Cow
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:38:24 AM »

i think you have made a new friend.   :) :)  what happened to the rest of the herd? 

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:39:29 AM »

Number 1 friend with the number 1 tag in his ear.

The rest are a bit further down the river to the left of the pictures, heads down doing what cows do best  ;D

Rhys
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 02:17:37 AM »

mmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooo
mmmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooo

munchmunchmunchmunchmunch
more
munchmunchmunchmunchmunch...

mmmmmmmoooooooooooo
mmmmmmmmmooooooooooo
mmmmeeeeeeerrrrr
mmmmeeeeeeerrrrr

and more with the munchmunchmunching
then slurp slurp slurp out of the water trough.

that's what cows do.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 02:24:09 AM »

Beautifully said  :'( it brings tears to the eyes.....how can I respond......I know, I will have steak tonight ;D
🤫

gregorydc

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 11:59:39 AM »

Holsteins, my dads least favorite cow. (Milked them for too many years)  They do make a good steak though. Lol

thewatchman

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 04:18:37 AM »

They're called Fresians over here. Looks like a young bottle fed heifer Rhys. If you can get your hands on some molasses or treacle, she'll lick it from your fingers.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 04:21:27 AM »

I have some treacle, problem is I might lick it off my own fingers before I get to the cow  ;D

Rhys  ;)
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 07:52:12 PM »

i learned something new on this thread.  don't remember ever hearing of the word "treacle" before.  had to google it to find out.  thanks guys!  not sure i will ever hear it again, or use it in a sentence, but enjoyed the lesson.

btw rhys, that lil heifer is very sweet looking.  and not in a steak kind of way.  something trusting in those eyes.  must be love.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »

Yes it's like being in love with a beautiful horse like Father Ted shared. Just need to replace horse with cow and I'm there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg

It's the putting it together that becomes the real challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsISf1HW_nU

Rhys  ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:06:31 PM by Rhys »
🤫

thewatchman

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 10:41:53 PM »

i learned something new on this thread.  don't remember ever hearing of the word "treacle" before.  had to google it to find out.  thanks guys!  not sure i will ever hear it again, or use it in a sentence, but enjoyed the lesson.

btw rhys, that lil heifer is very sweet looking.  and not in a steak kind of way.  something trusting in those eyes.  must be love.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

claudia

They have teddy bear ears and big eyes, but you will learn how annoying they are when you have to milk them. Dodging pee and crap, have them kick you and knock the cups off on a freezing morning. Trust me...you see the sirloin in them then. Treacle is an english product. Not as dark as molasses but more golden. Farmers mix it with grain to supplement feed during the winter. Also big blocks of mineral licks. The cows lick it as the walk back to the field.

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »

Just some added info for the city folks

How to Use Cattle Ear Tags for Identification
By Frank Whittemore, eHow Contributor

Print this article
 How to Use Cattle Ear Tags for Identification thumbnail
Each ear tag is a unique identifier for each head of cattle.
Today, it is the law that cattle are tracked from birth to slaughter to help protect both the health of each animal and the health of the public that will eventually purchase the products made from that animal. For this reason, cattle ranchers use ear tags to mark each and every head of cattle with a unique identifier that allows them to track every aspect of the animals' lives, including age, health status, veterinary treatments, feeding schedules, relocations, and sales. Many of these tags also contain Radio Frequency Identification Devices or RFIDs that help to track cattle electronically.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7706579_use-cattle-ear-tags-identification.html#ixzz2iDaujrmB

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 02:04:00 AM »

an "ehow" link for the "ecow".  interesting stuff.  lots of cows with tags in their ears in texas. 

claudia

p.s.  am quite thankful i was not created as a cow. 

thewatchman

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 05:41:34 AM »

an "ehow" link for the "ecow".  interesting stuff.  lots of cows with tags in their ears in texas. 

claudia

p.s.  am quite thankful i was not created as a cow.

But you girls call your tags "ear-rings"..... :P :P :P

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 01:51:46 PM »

gals do.  yes they do.  some men too.  but i no longer wear them...

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »

Good to see so many posts on my friendly cow post. I must befriend more animals.....perhaps a rat next time and I could call it "My friendly disease ridden vermin rat"

Rhys  :P ;D :D ;) ???
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 10:45:06 PM »

funny you should mention a rat rhys.  a few days ago it was lightly raining again as i was driving to the grocery store, when a very frightened field mouse/rat went scurrying across the old 2 lane road i was using.  there was no one behind me so i slowed down for the little bugger so it could cross safely to higher ground.  we had been having a lot of rain and the fields were starting to flood in parts.

so, anyway, that's my rat story.  perhaps you could set the rat on the lil heifer's shoulders.  that would be a nice pic for youtube.   ;D ;D ;D

claudia

thewatchman

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 10:47:54 PM »

funny you should mention a rat rhys.  a few days ago it was lightly raining again as i was driving to the grocery store, when a very frightened field mouse/rat went scurrying across the old 2 lane road i was using.  there was no one behind me so i slowed down for the little bugger so it could cross safely to higher ground.  we had been having a lot of rain and the fields were starting to flood in parts.

so, anyway, that's my rat story.  perhaps you could set the rat on the lil heifer's shoulders.  that would be a nice pic for youtube.   ;D ;D ;D

claudia

His many thousands of descendents will ever be grateful.  :o ;) :P

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 11:00:34 PM »

When I was younger we had a small farm and had some chickens and went to feed them one day whatever rubbish I was feeding them called Chicken feed. Opened the bag and put my hand in to scoop out a tin full and a rat was in the bag that go through the other side by chewing into the bag and ran over my hand. I think I jumped out of my skin and there is now a large hole in the roof  ;D ;D ;D

Rhys
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 01:08:33 AM »

There was a mouse on my bed the other evening.  It did not survive, but I will spare you the grisly details.  I'll only admit to being largely responsible, though I share the guilt with the makers of roach spray and glue traps.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.