bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Friendly Cow  (Read 9543 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Friendly Cow
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 01:25:56 AM »

You ate the mouse for dinner didn't you.....poor little chap  ??? :P ;D
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 01:52:31 AM »

true story.  my daughter called me cracking up because while getting ready for dinner and preparing to use her broiler in the bottom of her old stove, she opened it to find a very frightened mouse hiding in the back of the broiler.  anyway, she brought her cat into the kitchen to let it chase the mouse outside.  instead, the mouse came out of the broiler and the cat and the mouse touched nose to nose before the mouse ran back into the broiler.  my daughter was very disgusted with her cat, and with herself for not shutting the broiler door.

then my son-in-law intervened.  my daughter had gotten him a blowdart gun for his birthday.  i have used it in their backyard on their big board.  but, my son-in-law decided to use it as a weapon on the mouse.  while he was getting his gun my daughter had placed a mouse trap in the broiler.  the mouse got snapped in the trap, by its' back foot.  so the son-in-law blew a dart at the mouse and it went into it's head, but it didn't die.  so he blew a second dart and that one went right through the little varmint's neck.  and it died. 

so that is where i will leave it with the rat/mouse stories.

claudia

thewatchman

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 02:02:40 AM »

Dave's been eating cookies in bed again.... ::) ??? :o

onelovedread

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »

Claudia,
At first I thought it was a Tom and Jerry cartoon, but it ended a little different.
I know you love animals passionately. So were you angry at your son-in-law for perpetrating such extreme cruelty?  :P

cjwood

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 05:09:56 PM »

johnchris, i wasn't really too upset about the demise of the mouse, mainly because i wasn't there to see it.  it was just hilarious thinking of my son-in-law lying on his kitchen floor blowing the dart into the back of the broiler.  too bad my daughter didn't video the whole thing for youtube.  but then PETA might have been upset.   ;D

claudia
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:09:23 PM by cjwood »

se7en

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »

Guys, firstly after being gone for a week on vacation and coming back to one of these great threads!!!  I missed ya'll!!! You guys are cracking me up!!!!

Claudia, Hahahahahaha with what the cow says and does!

Rhy's, next time you will have to lasso that cow and ride it down to the stream, then lasso another, then ride them off into the sunset one foot on each back!!  That would be an epic picture!

Dave, check around your house for other mice, where there is one.... there is a FAMILY!!!

And now, for the enjoyment of all... my epic mouse story.....

I have to admit, I unknowingly harbored a mouse family in my house for about 3 months. They grew.... and grew... and grew.  There were so many in my house at the end of three months, it was not uncommon to sit and watch T.V. and see a couple of mice run out and play in the middle of our living room floor and then run off. I thought there was maybe two or three mice in the house, I was dead wrong.

I tried catching them with peanut butter on traps, I caught one that way. The wife didn't want me to kill them... so I tried the sticky glue. I caught one that way. But I couldn't safely get the little bugger off... she didn't like that either. So I went to the less intrusive traps, the kind that you put the bait inside, they crawl inside to get it, but can't crawl back out until you take the trap outside and release them into the wild.

By this time, the mouse family had grown. I was catching 3 or 4 a day for two days streight. Then I thought "Dang, there has to be a nest."  So I went scouring throughout the house. My daughter, at the time had an old antique box spring mattress that sat on the floor (no bed frame). I pulled it from the wall and noticed it was torn, I flipped it over (you can see the insides of it) and it has all this old stuffing inside. Well, I saw the nest. Little baby mice fell out, and they started to scamper everywhere.

I eventually caught them all. 16 mice total!!  For several days I was emptying out traps, driving them down the road to release them in a field. They probably kept growing and growing!

that's my mouse story!
~Se7en

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »

When mice run the world and take over all the governments we now know who to blame  ;D

Rhys
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »

I see Claudia didn't spare us the grisly details.  I'm a much nicer person than she is, even if I am a mouse murderer.

Se7en's story reminded me of a time when I was working my old job.  Pretty much our entire crew went to a store that had a rodent infestation.  It was bad..."evidence" left everywhere, especially around the pet and people food areas.  We had to take every item off the shelves, throw away or use tons of stock, clean and replace.  Every night we left glue traps scattered around the store and every morning found a good dozen. 

Finally we found the nest..behind a wall.  We knew it was there because of the smell.  We had to tear down the store fixture and, with none of us being licensed pest removal experts, decided to just poke a hole in the wall with a hammer.  Literally scores of them flooded out, ran through the store and out the front door.  I almost yelled 'eek' and jumped up on a counter, but just by instinct I started stomping and ended the lives of several of them.

I got to leave before they called in the experts to complete the nest and repair the wall.  Good thing too, because my method was effective, but not exactly scientific.

So yes, it's definitely best to get rid of them when you spot them, because they will take over given enough time.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 11:14:20 PM »

I see Claudia didn't spare us the grisly details. I'm a much nicer person than she is, even if I am a mouse murderer.

that's funny dave.  ;D ;D  i really am a nice person. 

claudia

thewatchman

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 01:01:33 AM »

How many meese go into a hogie?  8)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.