bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dreams... A question or thought  (Read 7096 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Dreams... A question or thought
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:12:01 PM »

Now I'm curious about this and it maybe off topic and perhaps not belonging here but I was wondering:

Has anyone else ever woken up from a dream crying and grief stricken? I've woken up from several dreams where in them, I am crying for what has happened (Truth be told, over the actions I have committed in my dream. Actions which I've never done in the real world... THANK GOD). Its been about three dreams now over the course of my lifetime. Four perhaps at max but its always because of the same action I've committed in these dreams.

Anyway.. its the strangest thing to wake up eyes completely soaked in tears because in your dream you were crying. Its like, I'm crying in my dream for what has happened only to wake up realizing, I was literally crying too. The dream had such power on my emotions that my tears carried over into the real world where I my body was crying the tears that I was crying in my dream.

Anybody at all experienced this? Its the craziest thing!

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Dreams... A question or thought
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 07:24:24 PM »

Have felt various emotions of being sad and happy and also scared at times but not crying. Once when I was very sad I went to bed crying and went off to sleep and waking up in the morning I was still crying but not from a dream. I have had dreams of being in a place so wonderful that I was upset to wake up and not being in that place.

I feel whether good or bad it is God working in us and shaping us to what He wants and we don't always understand it. I felt the ones of being in a wonderful place was an encouragement of something better yet to come.

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »

Have felt various emotions of being sad and happy and also scared at times but not crying. Once when I was very sad I went to bed crying and went off to sleep and waking up in the morning I was still crying but not from a dream. I have had dreams of being in a place so wonderful that I was upset to wake up and not being in that place.

I feel whether good or bad it is God working in us and shaping us to what He wants and we don't always understand it. I felt the ones of being in a wonderful place was an encouragement of something better yet to come.

Rhys

What a blessing Rhys. I've never had a dream where I woke up with elation or disappointed that I had woken up... The closest thing i've had is the ones where I'm flying! Now THAT is fun :P
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 07:55:55 PM »

I'm sure too that our minds play a part in our dreams and what we are going through at the time. Some of my most terrible dreams seem to of been when things not going well in the day and I don't get much sleep then I get a few hours of sleep with awful dreams. All is of God and He knows what He is doing. If they bother you like they do me sometimes I ask God about it and I get a sense of why I had them but then not all the time. I just focus more now on God's word and what He says and not what the dream says and know that we are not under condemnation.

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

We should always seek God through everything whether dreams or what goes on in the day. Just talk to God as you feel and tell Him your concerns. He will show us what He wills for us.

God is not limited in how He can speak and we don't get it, so we keep seeking because He wants us to see Him and less of ourselves. To come to a knowledge of His truth takes much in this life and in His word.

Job 33:14  For God speaks in one way, and in two, though man does not perceive it.
Job 33:15  In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on men, while they slumber on their beds,
Job 33:16  then he opens the ears of men and terrifies them with warnings,
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:12:28 PM by Rhys »
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:05:52 PM »

I've told before of a recurring dream where I was guilty of some heinous act and each time I dreamed it, the 'story' progressed a little further.  I've probably had it maybe a half-dozen times since my early 30's or so.  I'm not one to put too much stock into dreams, but I can say that this one in particular had the effect of softening me in many ways.  Since it had that 'effect' I can understand what the purpose of God was in having it.  Other dreams, less so.  Some dreams, like some other things, may be worth "thinking on" and trying to understand.  Some dreams, like many other things, are simply part of what makes up my life, and that is perfectly fine.  The clay doesn't have to know the exact purpose for every spin of the potter's wheel.  The Potter knows what He's doing, and that has to be good enough for me. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 04:27:15 PM »

Big amen to both of you.
Its interesting, Usually can't remember my dreams and the vast majority of nights I don't feel like I dream at all. However, the past few nights, having two nightmares in one go, yesterday night I was also plagued with a vivid and rather gruesome dream. Very unpleasent, I woke from it.

Its always so vivid for me due to how infrequent dreams are let alone nightmares for me. So this has been an interesting little episode. My life has been fine and I have been tremendously blessed by God with an outpouring of His Grace upon me. His divine influence on my heart. So in that sense, its strange for these things to become more frequent now.

Love to you both,
Alex

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »

Physically turning over, has been found to be very refreshing, when disturbing dreams come to visit! Seems to get the blood drained from one side of the brain to the other, ha ha.

Going to sleep with the moon shining through the window, also seemed to have a negative influence to instigate bad nightmares. So,  closing the curtains and going to sleep in the dark, felt better.

It is a lunatic full moon tonight! Lol. ;D

Arc

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 04:54:47 PM »

Physically turning over, has been found to be very refreshing, when disturbing dreams come to visit! Seems to get the blood drained from one side of the brain to the other, ha ha.

Going to sleep with the moon shining through the window, also seemed to have a negative influence to instigate bad nightmares. So,  closing the curtains and going to sleep in the dark, felt better.

It is a lunatic full moon tonight! Lol. ;D

Arc

Oh noes! ;)

I don't have curtains though, only shades  ;D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 04:55:52 PM »

While on the topic of dreams and sleep. Here's a good short read. Though probably already assumed by many to be true.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2013/10/18/sleep-flushes-toxins-from-the-brain/#.UmGDyVCUS7I

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »

Excellent article Alex.

Thanks! ~  :)

loretta

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 05:44:45 AM »

I'm going to sleep early tonight!

tks for posting that article Alex.

onelovedread

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »

Well thank you, Alex
Last night I was dreaming that a giant crab was getting closer and closer to me and I was on my back and unable to move quickly enough to escape its claws.
Next thing, I'm on the floor on my butt, having fallen off the bed. :-[
Even though I felt a little sore, I had to laugh! ;D

se7en

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 04:59:48 PM »

haha johnChris, I would laugh at me too!

Alex, i've had similar situations but not crying before.

I've had quite frequently in my life those things called "night terrors". There are other names for it but basically they are really intense nightmares. I've researched this topic to see what was going on.

Arc, I've read articles before of the reason "why" physically turning over after having a bad dream keeps you from having bad dreams. That really does work. I've never read anything about moonlight or light causing bad dreams though, will have to research that sometime.

I always sleep on my back. Ever since I can remember... THAT is a big proponent for causing nightmares believe it or not. The position of our bodies as we sleep cause certain chemicals to be released. During sleep, the body goes through a process of chemical checks and functions. Adrenaline gets pumped through the system at certain times while sleeping. That's our "flight or fight" response we feel when in danger. Normally your body does not react to the little bit of adrenaline that gets pumped through your system at night because there is another chemical that disconnects your physical body from moving while subconcious sleep is going on.

However, sometimes during the process of REM sleep where your subconcious is almost to conciousness, adrenaline can pump through your body and this is where people experience those terrible nightmares. They are concious enough to realize they are laying in bed. But as the adrenaline comes through, it's an automatic flight or fight response so your brain automatically conjures up all kinds of images and "bad things" to go with the feeling. I've dreamt that I was pulled off my bed by shadow beings and hauled out of the house. I've dreamt that aliens came and floated my body up and through the cealing, i've dreamt that demons came and sat on my chest so I couldn't breathe or move.  It feels real because you know your concious but the brain is making up all kinds of crazy stuff to go with that "flight or fight" feeling.

The bad thing about these dreams is that YOU CANT MOVE. You know your awake, but you can't move your body. That other chemical is still in your system and that's what makes the whole thing extremely scary.  Sometimes, I can move a finger, or in my dream i'm screaming, but in real life i'm barely moaning. My wife got so used to it that she would shake me awake so that I would fully wake up.

For a while I used to be really scared of them until I found out the truth of what was going on.  Sleeping on your back tends to trigger that gland a certain way, so if I feel like one of those dreams are coming up, I just turn over and nothing happens.  Ever since I started to do that, I don't have those dreams anymore.

However, I did have a dream last week that my old pastor from my old church had a check for 35,000 to give us. He said "It's for your house". Even though I thought it was odd as we are not in the market to buy a house right now. Then all of a sudden we were in the physical church and my wife gave the pastor a big hug and looked up at him in adoration because of the check the church gave us (it wasn't a sexual hug).  Then I felt obligated that we had to start going back to church because they gave us so much money. I started to shake my head and yelled... NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo. and then I woke up.

~Se7en

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »

I think animals also dream.

I have seen my sleeping dogs  legs and paws shudder as if they are dreaming that they are running. It is too sweet.  :)

se7en

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »

yeah, Arc, it is so cute to watch them do that. I'm like "You get that big bus tire!"

Oh, has anyone had a dream where they woke up, and they were still in a dream, and woke up again and were still in a dream?!!!  Finally on the third "wake up" I actually woke up. I've only had that happen once.
~Se7en

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 04:16:46 AM »

Have you ever dreamed you had got up to go and pee and you pee, then wake up. Oh ROFL. THAT SHOULD ALSO ONLY EVER HAPPEN ONCE.  ;D

When you wake up you really wake up. When you are dreaming the dream seems real.

What if we are all dreaming in HD third dimension technicolor? Ha! That might be a wake up call of all time!  ;D

Arc

se7en

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »

The Matrix is REAL!

Cypher: Did he tell you why he did it? Why he set you free?
Neo: Yeah
Cypher: Jesus... your the savior of the world... what a mind job.

So many analogies from the Matrix movie. the type and shadow of the physical world compared to the spiritual truth.  Goodness.
~Se7en

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 04:56:20 PM »

The only dreams I remember are of women who kidnap me and do things to me----of a physical nature that cannot be discussed on a family website.

I don't know what these dreams mean.  I do not believe in psychiatrists or psychologists, so I guess I'll just have to suffer in silence.

Sounds terrible for you.......what a nightmare  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.