bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resurrection of the dead  (Read 5156 times)

greenef

Resurrection of the dead
« on: October 22, 2013, 02:41:08 PM »

In the resurrection of the dead, are we raised to immortality, both believers and unbelievers a like?

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Resurrection of the dead
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 03:15:51 PM »

In the resurrection of the dead, are we raised to immortality, both believers and unbelievers a like?

This is not an offtopic question.

Short answer, No.

Hitler will not be raised with a glorified, immortal, spiritual body like Christ and the elect.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »

Hitler will not be raised with a glorified, immortal, spiritual body like Christ and the elect.

So does that mean they will be in a human body? And does that mean they will/can die?

Not a trick question, just wondering thoughts.

Craig

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 03:30:20 PM »

So does that mean they will be in a human body? And does that mean they will/can die?

Not a trick question, just wondering thoughts.

Craig

Well... we have this description of what I believe to be a description of what is to come.

Ezekiel 37
King James Version (KJV)
1 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.

4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.

5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.

8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.

9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

Sounds as though these people are being raised in physical bodies. I would assume this is talking about the physical isreal and not the Isreal of God from the new testament. To my understanding, the physical isreal that has turned its back on God, will not be inheriting the kingdom of God until they are judged at the great white throne judgement.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 03:55:56 PM »

Hi greenef,

Welcome to the forum  :)

Physical or glorious bodies... "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment," (Heb 9:27). What would be the point of dying again physically after judgment? I believe the grave is just a holding place until judgment.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:05:57 PM by Kat »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »

I wanted to add to this discussion that I could be mistaken and am very much open to discussion.

I just always thought it was the elect of God, that would be raised like Christ to judge the world. Then, after judgement, the world would be transformed (through the judgement) into spiritual beings.

I admit, I haven't done any extensive study on this. So please, share your thoughts folks, enlighten me. I'm completely open to it.

God bless,
Alex

Kat

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 04:24:51 PM »

I just always thought it was the elect of God, that would be raised like Christ to judge the world. Then, after judgement, the world would be transformed (through the judgement) into spiritual beings.

Alex, the Scripture I used in no way conflicts with what you said.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.