bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you explain how God exist?  (Read 22535 times)

theophilus

Re: Can you explain how God exist?
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 12:22:50 PM »

I've never heard or read that atheists claim that "all this" came out of nothing. They quote chemistry which teaches that matter is neither created nor destroyed. Isn't this what we see happening in the universe? Burn a piece of paper. Where does it go? Did you annihilate the piece of paper by burning it? I think not.

To demand proof of God is for the spiritually dead. But we have been given the faith to believe God's existence. It is of God that you have the chance to speak with atheists.

Interesting to think that the Christian church is the one to witness. Could it be that's the reason the arm of The Lord is hard at work in their midst healing the sick, casting out evil spirits, etc, etc? I have seen my share of healings and casting out of evil spirits.

Have you read the testimonies of the persecuted Christians in China? Read of the miracles that God has worked in their midst?

se7en

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »

Yeah Jesse...  "If I was God, I would do it this way." "If I was all-powerful, I would just make a perfect world."

That sooooo sums up the spirit of the world.

It's that they don't realize God is in the middle of creating perfection, right now even, it's perfect, just as God intended it to be at this moment and time. Everything is exactly as it should be. That is absolutely comforting. :)

~Se7en

mickiel

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 02:30:36 PM »

Jesus is a way to explain that God exist, and even some Atheist admit he did exist in our history. Getting them to see Jesus was historical is helpful; and quite easy to do. You could tell them we have the actual bone box of the high Priest Caiaphas, who slapped Jesus in the face. We also have the bones of Simon the Cyrenian, who helped Jesus carry his cross. We have the actual house of Martha and Mary, we have the place where Jesus was killed, Golgotha; the Place of the Skull. We have the river Jesus was baptised in, Jordan; the garden he prayed in, and the Damascus Gate he was marched through; and even the spot he stood on before Pilot, the " Via Dolorosa." Taking them through an historical factual trip through history can be stunning to them, and you can even tell them many writers in history wrote about Jesus; those writers include;

Tertullian, Suetonius, Thallus, Origen, Lucian, Celsus, Sextus Julius Africanus, Tacitus, Pliny the Younger, Dionysius the Areopagite, Hegesippus, Clement, Conon, Porphyry of Tyre, Polycarp, Eusebius, Irenaeus, Ignatius, Justin Martyr, Phlegon, Mara Bar-Serapion, Trajans correspondance with Pliny, The Toledot Yeshu ( which is anti Christian), Chrysostom, Clemet of Alexandria, Macarius the Elder, Ussher, Paulus Orosius, Aristides the Athenian, Augustine of Hippo, Quadratus of Athens, The Babylonian Talmud, along with others. Such lists will tend to be meaningful in an effort to explain that God exist. In 1 Thess. 5:21, " But examine " Everything carefully", some bibles render " Prove all things." Hold fast to that which is good. I think its a good thing to examine God, or to prove that he exist. He is our destiny, and its absolutely nothing wrong with confirming our destiny, in my view. Or explaining it to others. I listen to so many " Deceived Christians" giving their explinations to others, why should I stand silent and not give what I view as a better more clear explination? Well I don't, but to each their own. I like doing it, and have done it everywhere for years. I like this Gospel of the Salvation of all, Love it really. Love to hear it, and I like the way Ray taught it; gave his witness.

I don't think enough people do it. I wish more would explain God. Its not like this world does not need it.

mickiel

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 03:18:37 PM »

Some have mentioned the awe-inspiring creation as proof of God's existence. But I think for many atheists there is something that bothers them more than the idea of a creator: the so-called "problem" of evil. There is a lot of horrific suffering and evil in this world, much of it caused by man's hatred for man, but also because of natural things like hurricanes and earthquakes. An atheist in Oklahoma might lose his daughter in a tornado, and that is proof enough for him that God does not exist. As horrific as it is, though, a tornado in Oklahoma is a very small thing compared to the size of the universe. So the atheist says, "If God can create this incredible universe, surely he could stop a tornado from happening on tiny planet earth." Or "If God can create this incredible universe, surely he could make humans that don't hate and kill each other." A co-worker in her early 20s told me she used to believe in God, but she doesn't anymore because her dad died.  Not meaning to be disrespectful to her feelings, I thought this was a rather arrogant reason for not believing in God. "Never mind the fact that everyone in history before us has died, if somebody I love dies, then there must be no God." For some people, that's all it takes.

Yesterday I was listening to "Does A Sovereign God Change?" and Ray said something like "People like to believe that God changes his mind, because every notch God goes down, they go up. You don't know how badly people want to be on par with God!" That is the crux of this problem of evil. People want to play God. "If I was God, I would do it this way." "If I was all-powerful, I would just make a perfect world." I suspect many Christians feel this way too, not just atheists and agnostics.

Also, as se7en mentioned, some are atheists because of "hell".

I think many people do want to " Be on par with God", but simply just don't know how. They don't know where we came from , or are going ( and some of them reject the idiot idea of hell.) Some have been taught that humans are continuous with the idiot hierarchy of speechless apes; and others admit its just a mystery; I think the world is ripe for the real truth; the need is plentiful, but the labourers few.

Kat

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 03:20:19 PM »

but to each their own.

Hi mickiel, that comment I believe says a lot. We all have different tendencies, some want to witness about what they believe, others have no desire to do it at all and those in between too. That is one aspect of the uniqueness we all have, it's the different dispositions that we possess.

If somebody believes something to be true, then I guess they tend to want others to share in what they know and that's not a bad thing. We're all on somewhat different journeys though and we believe what we do because of the background knowledge we have acquired so far. Maybe you will be the source of information that will help somebody believe, that's part of your journey. It's all of God.

Pro 16:9  A man's heart plans his way,
       But the LORD directs his steps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 05:26:04 AM »

Hi,

So there is no ill use your term god,  well why then ask if there is no god in the first place because by asking youv allready accepted there is a god, all your trying to do is say you dont belive in one,
 you do by the mere fact you asked, other wise it would never come up.

And when you take that ? further what god are you talking about or reffering to,, how many 100's are there,,,,,go back to the Canaanites see how many they worshiped,

...noeleena...

mickiel

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 03:11:29 PM »

but to each their own.

Hi mickiel, that comment I believe says a lot. We all have different tendencies, some want to witness about what they believe, others have no desire to do it at all and those in between too. That is one aspect of the uniqueness we all have, it's the different dispositions that we possess.

If somebody believes something to be true, then I guess they tend to want others to share in what they know and that's not a bad thing. We're all on somewhat different journeys though and we believe what we do because of the background knowledge we have acquired so far. Maybe you will be the source of information that will help somebody believe, that's part of your journey. It's all of God.

Pro 16:9  A man's heart plans his way,
       But the LORD directs his steps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Well I agree, witnessing is not for everybody, and I don't think its wrong not to do it, and one is not made righteous by doing it. I think its something that has to " Be in you to do." If its in you, its just going to come out of you, and that person perhaps can't hold it in them anyway. I was in the Baptist church for years in my youth, then left there and tried a few others; that did not work and I ended up doing a 10 year stint in the Worldwide Church of God. They did not do the witness thing, and I left there when they split up. So my journey has had a mixture of witnessing, and not witnessing; both. Then I evolved into just being put in situations where I just had to do it; I got tired of not doing it, no longer content in remaining silent, like I was a secret agent of the truth or someone with privileged information. I got used to sharing what I believe and have not looked back. I don't condemn others if they don't do it, nor do I pat myself on the back for doing it.

I just do it; and have done it for years. I hold no regrets.

I spread this truth as I understand it; with great Joy in sharing it, and have learned a great deal sharing it. I have learned how many people hate this truth, many are surprised by it, and some amazed by it. Jesus was an excellent example of sharing truth, he did not horde it to himself. He took no worry of who understood it, and he did both; he shared with believers and unbelievers alike. Often teaching just his disciples at times, and just anybody who was there at times. He perhaps did not have a whole lot of private time to himself, but I don't think Jesus was sent to earth to be a private eye individual who was into only his group. He was destined to be a world Savior, a man for all peoples. He had to address everyone, because he died for everyone and everyone will benefit from that.

No, I can't go the " Quiet path", its way too much to say and way too many people to say it to. But I understand the quiet laid back path, the ' Come out from among them mentality." I see nothing wrong with that, its just not for me. I live among them, work among them and communicate with them everyday. Have married them, had children by them, and walked with " Them" all my life. So I won't come out from among them, I just will not be a part of their beliefs and practices. But I have many friends in their churches and many of my people are in them.

So yes, to each their own.

mickiel

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 03:23:34 PM »

Hi,

So there is no ill use your term god,  well why then ask if there is no god in the first place because by asking youv allready accepted there is a god, all your trying to do is say you dont belive in one,
 you do by the mere fact you asked, other wise it would never come up.

And when you take that ? further what god are you talking about or reffering to,, how many 100's are there,,,,,go back to the Canaanites see how many they worshiped,

...noeleena...

I personally believe there is only one God who is the source of all things,  there is a god of this earth, and many human created gods. That's how it breaks down in my view. I think the question, " Is there a God?", is an excellent question; to which I believe are many answers to, and many mystery's as well. Men have asked that question for years, and I think rightly so. Many humans just sense there IS something to it; and I totally believe that God IS; and is worth looking into.

mickiel

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 04:15:56 PM »

Quote from: John from Kentucky link=
So yes, to each their own.
[/quote

Here is something Ray said about telling only those who ask you.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7347.0.html

I can see Rays point and I agree with it; I just happen to be in a place where I get asked a lot, but I am not limited to just being asked. I have posted on so many websites over the last 15 years, I just communicate with a lot of people. And I enjoy the freedom of posting on those sites, and have started many threads on the truth, without being asked. But just as many from being asked; so again, I understand both, but am not limited to either. Its just been a different path. Rays way is not the only way, but its a good way; and I understand his way of seeing things.

mickiel

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »

In explaining how God exist, The Law of Mentality can be used, the universe is a Mental creation. The Law of Perpetual Transmutation, God can be explained, energy is in a constant state of change.  Morality can explain God, how could morality have created itself?  The Fossil record can explain God creating. Biblical Archaeology can help explain God; The fall of Nineveh as predicted by the prophets Nahum and Zephaniah ( 2:13-15), found recorded on the " Tablet of Nabopolasar."  The fall of Jerusalem to Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon, ( 2 Kings 24:10-14),  as found recorded on the Babylonian Chronicles. The siege of Lachish by Sennacherib ( 2 Kings 18:14,17),  as discovered recorded on the Lachish Reliefs. Solid recorded history that is recorded in the bible as well.

Consciousness can be used to explain God, consciousness cannot arrive from mere matter; we can be aware of God, conscious of him; and he gave us consciousness to help govern our behavior. With it we have a degree of reflection. We can think about God, and accept or reject what the world has to say about him. I think Consciousness is what Col. 3:10-11 means by Christ is all and in all; all humans are conscious, and in Jesus is the collective thought of God, the concerns and intrests of God, and he is interested in everybody's future.

I even personally think that Consciousness is the image of God, which in no manner could have created itself, or just evolved from nothing. These are some of the things that make God and reality so interesting to me; not knowing and wanting so bad to know; wanting to be more aware of God.

mickiel

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 03:06:14 PM »

Humans are interested in religion, and people are explaining their religion and gaining converts. There is a missing link to God, but its being diverted and perverted by those who explain it. Hindusim grew by 237% lately, Sikitism by 338%, Baha'l by 200%, Native American religion by 119%, Buddhism by 170%, New Age by 240%, Deist grew by 717%, Islam by 109%; Universalist by 25%, and Christianity by 5%. Many people want answers, and God himself desires for them to get those answers, 1Tim.2:3-4  explains its good and acceptable in Gods sight and he personally desires that all humans be saved and " come to the knowledge of the truth." Its going to be a wonderful day when he sets that in full motion. I think its interesting what Paul said in 1Tim. 1:11, " According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, " With which I have been " Entrusted."

Interesting; so God trust you by revealing some truth to you, for what? To keep it to yourself? To keep it a club secret? This world is suffering because God has not been properly explained; religion has literally ruined the reputation of God. I once read a strange comment by an unknown writer; he said if the Kingdom of God is anything like these Christians, then its ruined already. Clear thinkers of the truth of God are so desperately needed. Yet many of them are not willing to explain God. Which I think is the 9th wonder of the world.

So many things can explain God; DNA. DNA shows patterns that could only have been created by Christ, by his intelligence , Col. 1:16, they in no manner could have been random. Science pushes this metamorphosis of the nothing, and some entrusted with the truth are saying nothing about it. But I understand that; I just wish it was not so. I could take 20 people from this website and have a handful of knowledge that could defeat an army of preachers that evangelize and mismanage the minds of so many believers.

Kat

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »

Interesting; so God trust you by revealing some truth to you, for what? To keep it to yourself? To keep it a club secret? This world is suffering because God has not been properly explained; religion has literally ruined the reputation of God. I once read a strange comment by an unknown writer; he said if the Kingdom of God is anything like these Christians, then its ruined already. Clear thinkers of the truth of God are so desperately needed. Yet many of them are not willing to explain God. Which I think is the 9th wonder of the world.

Hi mickiel, but we do know that God is sovereign and therefore all things are exactly as His plan has preordained them to be... so do you think that God is "entrusting" the truth to a few so that could witness to the world and change the direction it is going?

I believe this age is going to remain the same that it has been from it's beginning, the human race is all carnal through and through, until we receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to obey and serve God and bare the fruit of that Spirit, and that Spirit is only being "entrusted" to a very few now.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-B.html ----------

"And we are His witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to them that OBEY Him" (Acts 5:32).

And so Romans 8:7 teaches us that we can’t obey God without His Spirit, and Acts 5:32 teaches us that God only gives His Spirit to those who do obey Him.
v

Man’s will is not free. Man has a will, but it is not free from the causes that make it do what it does.
v

Remember in Part A I showed you that it all starts in the HEART and mind, not in the will. Just start adding up all the Scriptural truths that we have learned and this whole thing of human will becomes very simple to understand.

"For from within, out of the HEART of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man" (Mark 7:21-23).

The HEART is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked [Hebrew: ‘exceeding weak’] who can know it" (Jer. 17:9).

"Because the carnal mind is enmity [hatred] against God: for it is NOT subject to the law of God, neither indeed CAN BE [neither is it ABLE]" (Rom. 8:7).

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? Then may ye also do good, that are accustomed [carnal-minded from our birth, as the nation of Israel was] to do evil" (Jer. 13:23).

"For it is God which works in you both TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

"In Whom also we have OBTAINED an inheritance, being PREDESTINATED according to the PURPOSE of Him Who works ALL THINGS after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL" (Eph. 1:11).

There are FIVE "causes" listed in just this one sentence.

"For we are HIS WORKMANSHIP, [this is the cause an force behind our Christian walk. We are ‘His workmanship’ in action, not some presumed freedom of the will in action] created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has BEFORE ORDAINED that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10).

Etc., etc.
--------------------------------------------------------

Mat 11:27  All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Until the Holy Spirit comes in we/the world does not even know God, much less love and serve Him.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

mickiel

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 07:46:53 PM »

Hi mickiel, but we do know that God is sovereign and therefore all things are exactly as His plan has preordained them to be... so do you think that God is "entrusting" the truth to a few so that could witness to the world and change the direction it is going?

I believe this age is going to remain the same that it has been from it's beginning, the human race is all carnal through and through, until we receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to obey and serve God and bare the fruit of that Spirit, and that Spirit is only being "entrusted" to a very few now.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-B.html ----------

"And we are His witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to them that OBEY Him" (Acts 5:32).

And so Romans 8:7 teaches us that we can’t obey God without His Spirit, and Acts 5:32 teaches us that God only gives His Spirit to those who do obey Him.
v

Man’s will is not free. Man has a will, but it is not free from the causes that make it do what it does.
v

Remember in Part A I showed you that it all starts in the HEART and mind, not in the will. Just start adding up all the Scriptural truths that we have learned and this whole thing of human will becomes very simple to understand.

"For from within, out of the HEART of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man" (Mark 7:21-23).

The HEART is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked [Hebrew: ‘exceeding weak’] who can know it" (Jer. 17:9).

"Because the carnal mind is enmity [hatred] against God: for it is NOT subject to the law of God, neither indeed CAN BE [neither is it ABLE]" (Rom. 8:7).

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? Then may ye also do good, that are accustomed [carnal-minded from our birth, as the nation of Israel was] to do evil" (Jer. 13:23).

"For it is God which works in you both TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

"In Whom also we have OBTAINED an inheritance, being PREDESTINATED according to the PURPOSE of Him Who works ALL THINGS after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL" (Eph. 1:11).

There are FIVE "causes" listed in just this one sentence.

"For we are HIS WORKMANSHIP, [this is the cause an force behind our Christian walk. We are ‘His workmanship’ in action, not some presumed freedom of the will in action] created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has BEFORE ORDAINED that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10).

Etc., etc.
--------------------------------------------------------

Mat 11:27  All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Until the Holy Spirit comes in we/the world does not even know God, much less love and serve Him.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Well no Kat, not to " Change" the world, a witness does not need to change, only to inform; to deliver information; make announcements, counter this worldly mess with some strong truth! Some informative correction, and leave conversion to God. I am not advocating changing people, the Holy Spirit has that job, but I am saying that in my view, witnessing has gotten lost in some people of God, somehow along the way; and that to me is a weird kind of seductuion; to silence God's people, or keep them talking to just each other. The world needs God's people, and the demons would love to herd them into sections and keep them from the world. You can be in the world and not be part of it; good grief, we all live in the world anyway; we are not some kind of monks who live on an island.

What we know and understand, the world needs to know! What they do with that knowledge is not of our power; but I don't like this " Mute button" placed on some of God's people, and in my view, God didNOT push that button. I don't where we got that from. But its a shell I think we need to come out of.

Kat

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 12:21:50 AM »

mickiel, I understand what you are saying... what I am saying is everything is exactly like the sovereign God wants it to just like it is. If there needed to be more witnessing from God's people He would have inspired that in them, they bare the fruit of His Spirit, so His Spirit would have brought it about.

I am not against witnessing, but neither am I really for it, God's will is done in whatever takes place. That's all I'm saying.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

mickiel

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2013, 12:55:20 AM »

mickiel, I understand what you are saying... what I am saying is everything is exactly like the sovereign God wants it to just like it is. If there needed to be more witnessing from God's people He would have inspired that in them, they bare the fruit of His Spirit, so His Spirit would have brought it about.

I am not against witnessing, but neither am I really for it, God's will is done in whatever takes place. That's all I'm saying.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Well I certainly understand you; I am for it myself. Ray did it, Jesus did it, all the Prophets did it, the diciples did it, all men or women called by God  in the bible did it, I see nowhere in scripture where it says not to do it; I see no command from Christ or God not to do it; and if those moderday people called by God won't do it, I am sure Christ will make the rocks do it. Or the trees; or the animals. I don't agree that God is " Not inspiring his people to do it", I think they have been seduced into not doing it, for many deep reasons. One of the ways the Spirit helps people, is through other people. Or it can appeal to them directly; either way, but I think both ways are needed. Both ways are Godly. When God popped the truth into my head, he used both ways.

I don't want to see either way subtracted.

Ricky

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:40 PM »

Gee, almost sounds like maybe if we all had free will, we would all live forever because there would be no evil,!! on a planet with 500 billion other beasts, we would all love each other, we would have no choice. I think i will just stay here.    Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

mickiel

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2013, 03:25:32 PM »

Gee, almost sounds like maybe if we all had free will, we would all live forever because there would be no evil,!! on a planet with 500 billion other beasts, we would all love each other, we would have no choice. I think i will just stay here.    Ricky

All loving each other would be a wonderful thing for sure; I don't believe in free will, but I do believe in limited will. And I believe in witnessing; I guess that is obvious now. You know some people tell everyone bad news, but they won't tell everyone good news. It takes time to change negative thinking; and some believers just have a negative view of witnessing. They think its worldly. One of Jesus names is " The True Witness", Rev. 3:14. One of the reasons Jesus was born and came into this world was to bear witness to the truth, John 18:37. On a planet with a billion people, he did not concern himself with who would listen. Even the Father God is a witness, John 8:18. Paul was a Witness, Acts 26:22. The scripture itself is a witness, John 5:39, the Holy Spirit is a witness, John 15:26; every book and letter written in the bible is a witness, and its author was a witness; so the word" witness" is not some kind of negative worldly term or act.

Your witness is your " Work." Ray did an awesome work, or witness. He did a work for God. Anybody who looks to help others on this website, is doing a " Work", or a witness for God. Your work is your witness; what you do for God is your work, and faith without works is dead, James 2:26. We are Gods work, created in Christ for " Good Works", Eph. 2:10, or for a good witness. Jesus said in John 14:12 that Truly, he who believes in me , the " Works" that I do, HE SHALL DO ALSO; a very large part of Jesus work was to witness, absolutely no doubt about it; witness, not just answer questions when asked! The scripture talks about receiving power to be a witness all over the place, Acts 1:8.

One of the ways to explain God, is to testify about him; talk about him. I mean, one does not have to be like a Jehovah's Witness and start going door to door, that's extreme, but to be silent is just as extreme. All these examples of witnessing in the bible, and look at how Satan has tried to squeeze it out of some true believers. Its amazing how demons attack the work of God. Try to deaden it in any way they can. They don't want truth explained. They don't want God explained, and will target those carriers of the truth , to silence them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:27:45 PM by mickiel »

mickiel

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2013, 07:14:02 PM »

[quote author=John from Kentucky
Here is my Witness to you.  You are full of spiritual crap.

You say you believe in limited will, which means you believe in free will.

Free will is one of those things like being pregnant.  You have or you don't, you are or not.

If you have limited free will, then that means God is not completely sovereign in your life.  You can use your limited free will to oppose God.  That puts you in charge.  Get it?

Before you witness or teach others, make sure you know what you're talking about.

It is all about Jesus.  He is Antipas, the Faithful Witness.  He and He Alone.
[/quote]

I am not full of anything spiritual, I do not have the Spirit of God inside me perminently; I don't make that claim. I do not believe in free will, no matter if you believe that or not. You do not define me. I believe humans do have a limited range of will, and even that is not free, but its there. Its like being placed inside of a fenched in yard and told you can play anywhere within that yard, but you cannot go outside of that yard. Humanity is in a fenched in yard that God has designed, and they can only go so far; and then no further. But there is a little room to move around on their own. Such is my view.

And I hold no intrest in teaching; I just like sharing. It is unfortunate that you do not like what I share.

Peace.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »

Mikiel, let me give you some other reasons why some wouldn't want to "Witness" (notice the quotation marks).

1.  Some people don't want to hear.  I actually understand this.  I don't hold anything of great value to be "true" that wasn't preceded by pain.  Someone not in "pain" has no need for a antidote.  If they are fat, dumb and happy with the way they think, then the Lord God has not begun to deal with them.  Mat 7:7,8  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

2.  Some people only want to argue.  It's a fleshly desire that craves to be filled.  Mat 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

3.  Some find themselves unable to "teach".  This TOO is Scriptural.  Are all teachers, or evangelists, or missionaries?

1Co 12:18 Yet now God placed the members, each one of them, in the body according as He wills. "
1Co 12:19 Now if it were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 Yet now there are, indeed, many members, yet one body."

1Co 12:21 Yet the eye can not say to the hand, "I have no need of you,or, again, the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
1Co 12:22 Nay, much rather, those members of the body supposed to be inherently weaker are necessary,
1Co 12:23 and which we suppose to be a more dishonored part of the body, these we are investing with more exceeding honor, and our indecent members have more exceeding respectability."

1Co 12:24 Now our respectable members have no need, but God blends the body together, giving to that which is deficient more exceeding honor,
1Co 12:25 that there may be no schism in the body, but the members may be solicitous for one another."
1Co 12:26 And whether one member is suffering, all the members are sympathizing, or one member is being esteemed, all the members are rejoicing with it."

1Co 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members of a part,
1Co 12:28 whom also God, indeed, placed in the ecclesia, first, apostles, second, prophets, third, teachers, thereupon powers, thereupon graces of healing, supports, pilotage, species of languages."
1Co 12:29 Not all are apostles. Not all are prophets. Not all are teachers. Not all have powers.
1Co 12:30 Not all have the graces of healing. Not all are speaking languages. Not all are interpreting.
1Co 12:31 Yet be zealous for the greater graces. And still I am showing you a path, suited to transcendence."

Please be careful attributing the work of God to demons.  I hope that wasn't your intent.

In addition, there are warnings and admonitions given in Scripture explicitly to and about 'teachers'.  Some take greater care with these than others.

Now, I hope that few or none of us are guilty of the "flip side"--without any real experience with "truth", or loving an argument for the sake of the carnal thrill of arguing, or assuming ourselves to be something we are not.  But I'll tell you a secret--it wasn't the forum (this or any other) that caused me to believe.  Ray didn't meet me where I was (on the internet) short of a google ad.  And I didn't come to 'ask, seek, knock" but to "murder".     

I know beyond any shadow of un-knowing that Faith is a Gift.  Yes, it comes by hearing and we can't hear without a "preacher".  But there are both some I might wish would preach, and others I wish would refrain from preaching--at least for now.  There are plenty who would take on the whole world, ready and able or not...but who wouldn't do anything to aide one who was ready and able.  The fields are already ripe, but the workers are few.  All is of God.  Jesus is Lord.     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

mickiel

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »

Mikiel, let me give you some other reasons why some wouldn't want to "Witness" (notice the quotation marks).

1.  Some people don't want to hear.  I actually understand this.  I don't hold anything of great value to be "true" that wasn't preceded by pain.  Someone not in "pain" has no need for a antidote.  If they are fat, dumb and happy with the way they think, then the Lord God has not begun to deal with them.  Mat 7:7,8  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

2.  Some people only want to argue.  It's a fleshly desire that craves to be filled.  Mat 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

3.  Some find themselves unable to "teach".  This TOO is Scriptural.  Are all teachers, or evangelists, or missionaries?

1Co 12:18 Yet now God placed the members, each one of them, in the body according as He wills. "
1Co 12:19 Now if it were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 Yet now there are, indeed, many members, yet one body."

1Co 12:21 Yet the eye can not say to the hand, "I have no need of you,or, again, the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
1Co 12:22 Nay, much rather, those members of the body supposed to be inherently weaker are necessary,
1Co 12:23 and which we suppose to be a more dishonored part of the body, these we are investing with more exceeding honor, and our indecent members have more exceeding respectability."

1Co 12:24 Now our respectable members have no need, but God blends the body together, giving to that which is deficient more exceeding honor,
1Co 12:25 that there may be no schism in the body, but the members may be solicitous for one another."
1Co 12:26 And whether one member is suffering, all the members are sympathizing, or one member is being esteemed, all the members are rejoicing with it."

1Co 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members of a part,
1Co 12:28 whom also God, indeed, placed in the ecclesia, first, apostles, second, prophets, third, teachers, thereupon powers, thereupon graces of healing, supports, pilotage, species of languages."
1Co 12:29 Not all are apostles. Not all are prophets. Not all are teachers. Not all have powers.
1Co 12:30 Not all have the graces of healing. Not all are speaking languages. Not all are interpreting.
1Co 12:31 Yet be zealous for the greater graces. And still I am showing you a path, suited to transcendence."

Please be careful attributing the work of God to demons.  I hope that wasn't your intent.

In addition, there are warnings and admonitions given in Scripture explicitly to and about 'teachers'.  Some take greater care with these than others.

Now, I hope that few or none of us are guilty of the "flip side"--without any real experience with "truth", or loving an argument for the sake of the carnal thrill of arguing, or assuming ourselves to be something we are not.  But I'll tell you a secret--it wasn't the forum (this or any other) that caused me to believe.  Ray didn't meet me where I was (on the internet) short of a google ad.  And I didn't come to 'ask, seek, knock" but to "murder".     

I know beyond any shadow of un-knowing that Faith is a Gift.  Yes, it comes by hearing and we can't hear without a "preacher".  But there are both some I might wish would preach, and others I wish would refrain from preaching--at least for now.  There are plenty who would take on the whole world, ready and able or not...but who wouldn't do anything to aide one who was ready and able.  The fields are already ripe, but the workers are few.  All is of God.  Jesus is Lord.   

I do understand the " Reasons" why some do not want to witness, or just witness in confined situations they are comfortable with; I understand that. And I certainly agree that the fields are ripe but the workers are few; I just happen to believe that part of the " Work", is witnessing. Jesus did not baptise anybody, and I don't think he tried to convert people that much; he just gave his witness of God and the comming Kingdom. He liked witnessing, and so do I. Does not matter to me why people don't like doing it; I do it. And I don't do it based on what other believers are saying and doing; I do it because I believe in it. I think its biblical, its God's will, its a way to spread the truth; and this gospel of the Kingdom will be spread all over this world, no matter who participates in it. No matter who thinks of reasons not to spread it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.