bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you explain how God exist?  (Read 22529 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Can you explain how God exist?
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »

You have my permission to continue.  But don't dare tell me or anybody else that Scripture makes all of us the same and that if we are not doing as you do, we are doing the devil's work.

Believe me, there is a christian somewhere wringing his hands over YOU for not going door to door. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:05:30 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »

mickiel, this excerpt is from the article on 'WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS?'

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm ---------------

LIGHT AND SALT DON’T ARGUE OR MAKE NOISE

"Ye are the salt of the earth… Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:1,14,16).

Salt does not make any noise, and light does not argue Scriptures. Neither salt nor light makes any sound whatsoever. Maybe there is a lesson in there.

Too many people learn a few truths of God and think that they are ready to take on the world. They usually start by trying to embarrass their Pastor with their new-gained knowledge. Usually they fall flat on their face on the very first try. It’s all about motivation. If your motivation is carnal, God will not back you. Yes, I know, all of you are saying: "But my motivation is to show them God’s truths." Yes, sure, I understand, but THEY DON’T WANT TO HEAR GOD’S TRUTHS, and you already know this, so what is your point? Leave them alone and let them taste your salt and see your light and admire your good works, and perchance they will even praise God for your new-found humility,

You will never argue anyone into accepting the truths of God’s Word. As salesmen are often taught: "You might win the argument, but loose the sale," so don’t argue. And this: "He who is persuaded against his will; is of the same opinion still."

I receive a lot of emails from people who beg me to come to their rescue because they are about to have a second session with their pastor or friend, but have failed miserably on the first go-round. Now they want me to give them the ammunition they need to do a slam-dunk on their second attempt to embarrass their pastor or friend. Give it up—that attitude is wrong. Such a carnal exhibition of prideful flesh is akin to someone looking for a street fight merely because he has just acquired a black belt in karate.

HOW TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH

I personally know a man who has his little wife working two jobs to support their family so that he can study the Scriptures and enter into doctrinal debates with other Christians at the local Cafe as a perpetual hobby. Notice the admonition of the Apostle Peter:

"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; having your conversation [Gk: ‘conduct’] honest [Gk: ‘honorable’] among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may BY YOUR GOOD WORKS, [Not your clever Bible arguments], which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation" (I Pet. 2:11-12).

Your good works and righteous character will pay dividends to others eventually—if not in this life, then in the Judgment.
------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

mickiel

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:40 PM »

You have my permission to continue.  But don't dare tell me or anybody else that Scripture makes all of us the same and that if we are not doing as you do, we are doing the devil's work.

Believe me, there is a christian somewhere wringing his hands over YOU for not going door to door.

Oh I would not dare say something like that, because it would not be true. I simply said to each his own. I judge no one. I observe what I observe. I do what I do. I just believe that the devil does work; and God works; and I think part of the " Work" of God, is witnessing. And when the salt has lost its savor or flavor, it does not " Work."

And I know there are Christians wringing their hands over me not going door to door; I don't do that; but I have told many of my neighbors about God, many of my Aunts and Uncles; many of my friends and many of my enemies. Some people know this truth and won't even do that. Live next to someone for 20 years and not tell them about God. I have went website to website for years, I guess they are a type of " Door." We do whats in our hearts.

I'll do whats in my heart, and I don't mind doing it. I don't mind explaining how God exist , to anybody.

mickiel

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »

mickiel, this excerpt is from the article on 'WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS?'

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm ---------------

LIGHT AND SALT DON’T ARGUE OR MAKE NOISE

"Ye are the salt of the earth… Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:1,14,16).

Salt does not make any noise, and light does not argue Scriptures. Neither salt nor light makes any sound whatsoever. Maybe there is a lesson in there.

Kat

Well I think there is a lesson in that scripture; again one key word that stands out to me is " Works." What is works? Does it mean " Working on yourself"; and people see how " Good you work on yourself?' Is the light shinning on yourself? And they see it and then are impressed with you? While you say nothing to them??? Make no sound whatsoever? Well I think the character God gives to a person, is then their persona, which can indeed shine like a light and just be recognized. Thats one way to look at that; and another is " Works." Works can be witnessing, just no doubt about it; telling others the good news of their salvation. People can see you working on this message and glorify God for his purpose, and be real glad that this eternal hell suffering is not the real deal. Its worth telling people that.

I was on an Atheist site last month and just popped it out on a thread. Some of them were relieved to hear such an unusual version of the bible explained; and liked it. Could actually almost see the real Mercy and Grace of God. They could almost see the Light; and that will forever be a witness to them. Not so much as me being such a light, but a light was shown to them. Perhaps turned on and then back off; but a light nonetheless. And I did not argue with them. But many of them were upset. So do you stop working because others get upset? Because they don't believe? Because they are not called? No, keep working. Keep pushing out that news.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 10:57:06 PM »

Mickiel, Why do you keep arguing??  Nobody says you are wrong for witnessing, talking to people, being a light etc.  But you seem to be wanting others to be like you. Why? It almost seems like witnessing is an idol of your heart.

Witnessing is not wrong if God is leading you to do this, it is not wrong if He is not leading somebody else to do the same.  It seems like you are looking for afirmation, if so you have it.  Just don't tell others it is required by them, when you do this you are attempting to put a yoke around their neck, not unlike every other religion out there.  The good news is God is in control and molding us into His image, be ready to let Him lead and understand your road may be different than mine, your gifts may be different; but in the end we all come out perfected.

Craig

mickiel

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2013, 11:32:57 PM »

Mickiel, Why do you keep arguing??  Nobody says you are wrong for witnessing, talking to people, being a light etc.  But you seem to be wanting others to be like you. Why? It almost seems like witnessing is an idol of your heart.

Witnessing is not wrong if God is leading you to do this, it is not wrong if He is not leading somebody else to do the same.  It seems like you are looking for afirmation, if so you have it.  Just don't tell others it is required by them, when you do this you are attempting to put a yoke around their neck, not unlike every other religion out there.  The good news is God is in control and molding us into His image, be ready to let Him lead and understand your road may be different than mine, your gifts may be different; but in the end we all come out perfected.

Craig

I am not arguing. I have not been disrespectful, and I have not told anyone its required. Where have I done these things? I am simply explaining what I believe. It may seem like its an idol, only because I strongly believe those things I believe. I feel just as strong about Universal Salvation, and any other biblical truth I see.

theophilus

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2013, 12:51:39 AM »

I've never heard or read that atheists claim that "all this" came out of nothing. They quote chemistry which teaches that matter is neither created nor destroyed. Isn't this what we see happening in the universe? Burn a piece of paper. Where does it go? Did you annihilate the piece of paper by burning it? I think not.

To demand proof of God is for the spiritually dead. But we have been given the faith to believe God's existence. It is of God that you have the chance to speak with atheists.

Interesting to think that the Christian church is the one to witness. Could it be that's the reason the arm of The Lord is hard at work in their midst healing the sick, casting out evil spirits, etc, etc? I have seen my share of healings and casting out of evil spirits.

Have you read the testimonies of the persecuted Christians in China? Read of the miracles that God has worked in their midst?

They don't quote chemistry books.

The current scientific understanding of the Big Bang is that everything started from one point, a singularity.  Nothing prior to that.

Either God did the Bang.  Or the Bang banged itself, which is foolishness.

Also, God is not at work in the Great False Christian Church, either in China or elsewhere in the world.

The Great False Church is ruled by there father, Satan, who appears as an angel of light and does the works among them, whom he rules over.

The Elect are not deceived by this majority church, nor the so called works they do.

So I was healed of hepatitis by satan? And when I was possessed by an evil spirit, another spirit cast out the one possessing me? I wonder if ANY elect has prayed for someone's healing and witnessed a miracle. And i mean a modern times elect. Because Paul certainly cast out evil spirits and performed healings by the power of God. I wonder now about the signs to follow those who believe in the Lord's name. What would you do if you ever faced a demoniac? Probably nothing maybe. And by "you" and mean all that think you just should stand on the sidelines and do nothing--powerless.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2013, 09:56:55 AM »

I am not arguing.

Sorry then, wrong choice of words.  Why then do you feel you need to keep defending yourself? Nobody says you are wrong, you have nothing to defend; perhaps the spirit in you is not as sure of things as you think you are?

Craig
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:26:38 AM by Craig »

mickiel

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2013, 04:11:52 PM »

I am not arguing.

Sorry then, wrong choice of words.  Why then do you feel you need to keep defending yourself? Nobody says you are wrong, you have nothing to defend; perhaps the spirit in you is not as sure of things as you think you are?

Craig

There are some things that I am more sure of than others; and I do not have the Spirit of God; not yet. I would like to have it.
I am not defending myself, I am explaining myself. And I believe that God can be explained; how he exist. We can use Proteins to explain how he exist; they never form except in already living cells; so they cannot be created in a lab. Scientist cannot make DNA in a lab. Proteins must fold perfectly; and then they turn on and off. If a first living cell had formed without a creator, the cell would still have had to replace each of its proteins as soon as it wore out. If the cell did not contain the information to correctly turn on and off the production of the replacement proteins, the cell would have died as soon as the first protein wore out. Stunning evidence of a creator who knows how to turn them off.

mickiel

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2013, 02:30:56 PM »

In explaining how God exist, one will go against many perverted scientific theory's that fight against Gods reality. Like the " Chimp Argument. Chimps and humans have 95-96% the same DNA; there is about a 2% difference. A human has 3 billion letters ( base papers). So what is a 2% difference out of 3 billion? Well it would be 60 million differences. In order for humans to have evolved from chimps, that chimp or ape like creature would have to go through 60 million changes to their DNA to get to where its a human being. The DNA would have to evolve 60 million times; go through 60 million improvements. The way Christ created things, he used some of the " Same substances" in his creation of different creatures. Whales and Dolphins closet living relatives are Hippo's. The Bears closet relative are Seals, Sea Lions and Walruses. The Donkeys closet living relative are Rhino's; so we see Jesus really mixing things up in his creative imagination, but using some of the same cells on different creatures. Which is one reason why science thinks we all came from the same cells.

Humans and Mushrooms have much in common. 64% of human genes match Horses. 35% has a likeness with grain. Some data shows we have things in common with a mouse, Fruit flys and even Yeast. This really shows support for an imaginative creating mind that did not waste materials. Which is why I said before that Proteins are a great proof of God, not one of the main ingredients of Cells, Proteins, cell membranes, RNA, DNA or information will form in nature except in already living cells. If one part could have formed, it would have been broken down while it was waiting for the others. All would have to have come about at almost the exact same time and location and immediately teamed up to form likeness; figure the odds of that! But some science would rather give life those incredible odds, than give the credit to God.

Not one step in the evolution of chemicals to a first cell is scientifically possible.

The mind of Christ must be incredible, as he indulged himself in creation. Just look at what he did to cells; when a cell has made a new protein, while its still moving into place, it folds into the exact shape which will allow it to connect with the proteins next to it; don't let anyone tell you this is not proof of God. To make proteins, " Ribosomes" connect Amino Acids into long strings. These strings loop and fold around each other in a " Perfect Fit." Just academic evidence of a creative mind at work; a designer for sure. They then fold into a highly complex three dimensional shape that then determines their function.

And this helps in explaining how God exist.

mickiel

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »

Goodbye bible-truths, I wish you well on your journey. I think Kat is right, I am not of like mind with many here; no need in being a disruption.

Peace to you all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.