bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: IN the day of Great slaughter, when the towers fall  (Read 22986 times)

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: IN the day of Great slaughter, when the towers fall
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »

Alex:

As far as what is happening in the world right now, I keep thinking of Matthew 24:38 as a sign that perhaps Jesus will return "soon". Jesus talks about what society was like right before the flood of Noah, and He mentions "marrying and giving in marriage", and in this society, the furthering acceptance of gay marriage comes to my mind. Thoughts?

Dean

Loomech

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 10:25:09 PM »

LoL Dennis! Now that is funny  ;D. I'll leave that for someone that claims they are called to be a prophet. I make no such claims. I only know that Sons have the invitation to ask God concerning His sons.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 12:14:04 AM »

Alex:

As far as what is happening in the world right now, I keep thinking of Matthew 24:38 as a sign that perhaps Jesus will return "soon". Jesus talks about what society was like right before the flood of Noah, and He mentions "marrying and giving in marriage", and in this society, the furthering acceptance of gay marriage comes to my mind. Thoughts?

Dean

Its an interesting thought.

I just wonder though, we know during the greek and roman era's, homosexuality was a very open and everday part of life. So I wonder... I mean, its a first for American History, thats for sure. I guess time will tell.

The Damascus prophecy is also interesting, one I'm familiar with. I've started my studies on this matter with the Mind of Christ in it. A perspective I did not have before so by the Grace of God, these things shall become more clear to me with time. Whatever that may be.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 12:56:24 AM »

Mat 24:38  For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
v. 39  and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

This is interesting what Jesus said the time just prior to His return to earth would be like, just like what it was like before Noah's  floor,  what is He saying that will be like there? It seems to me that He is saying that everything was business as usual for all the people, they were going about everyday life and then suddenly, when they were not expecting anything (regardless that Noah had been warning them for 100 yrs) the flood came and sweep them all away.

I think it is wrong that people think there will be 'signs' that will show this age in near the end, at least that is what I see that Jesus was saying. The church has spoke of great tribulation and world turmoil... was that what happened before the flood? The world was terribly wicked before the floor and it has been ever since then up to this day and until Christ return. Just read a little history and you will see ample evidence of how this world has remained evil throughout all the centuries.  His return will catch everybody by surprise, it will come out of the blue, so to speak.

1Th 5:1  But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.
v. 2  For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
v. 3  For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

Now the elect may have an indication, but I do not believe that it will be from worldly signs of some kind. The elect should be always in a state of hoping for His return and God will make sure they are ready when He does return.

1Th 5:4  You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
v. 6  Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
v. 7  For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
v. 8  But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
v. 9  For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Doug

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »

This is my first post. I'll do an introduction soon. Since my teen's I have feared a "Great Tribulation". Now at about 60 years old it is an even greater concern. Death does not really bother me but God has lead me thru what has been a not so easy life. It has been my thought God would not spare me from end time troubles. Reading Bible Truths I have not been clear as to Ray's thoughts. Kat's remarks has given me pause to think maybe things are not going to be as I had feared. I come out of the WWCG which could put the fear of God in you. It would be good to hear from other as to their understanding.

I am thankful for God leading me to this site and feel a connection to many on this site. There will be more questions on a number of subjects and look forward to everyone's help.

Doug

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 11:47:48 AM »

Good to meet you, Doug.  Sounds to me like you well may have had a "great tribulation", and that it might well not be over.  Dig into the Lake of Fire series.  Check all the scripture references and see if what Ray is saying reaches you.  Read Matthew 24 again with new eyes.  He's no longer talking to the masses along with the disciples, but to the disciples alone.

Mat 24:1-3  And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.  And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.  And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

If that makes sense to you, then keep reading the chapter.  What I need to know about the "Great Tribulation" I find there.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

zvezda

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 12:12:26 PM »

Mat 24:38  For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
v. 39  and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

I used to think that everything was business as usual and then suddenly the flood came, but when I reread Mat 24:38, I noticed something....

In Mat 24:38, it says everything was business as usual until the day that Noah entered the ark, it doesn't say everything was business as usual until the flood came. Actually there was a seven day gap period between the day Noah entered the ark and the flood came.

Genesis 7:1 And the Lord said to Noah, Take all your family and go into the ark, for you only in this generation have I seen to be upright.
7:4 For after seven days I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, for the destruction of every living thing which I have made on the face of the earth.
7:7 And Noah, with his sons and his wife and his sons' wives, went into the ark because of the flowing of the waters.
7:10 And after the seven days, the waters came over all the earth.

The church has spoke of great tribulation and world turmoil... was that what happened before the flood?

What happened during the seven day gap? The Bible is silent about that. But what we know is that everything was business as usual until Noah entered the ark, and then something changed and people stopped having normal lifestyle during the next seven days, people didn't know what's going on until the flood came.

So I am wondering if it will be the same during end times - people will stop having normal lifestyle at some point, and then there will be a gap period between that point and the return of Jesus. Will the elect enter into a "safe place" (spiritually?) just like Noah entered into the ark before the gap period starts? And what will happen during the gap period? Didn't Ray also think that the day of the Lord comes after the great affliction?

http://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm

Let us be clear, that the "day of the Lord" is the time period of Christ’s return to this earth to punish Babylon the Great and to pour out His righteous indignation on her (and on those nations who follow and worship her) for her evil crimes of inhumanity and blasphemy. Here is the order of events (Mat. 24:29-30). It’s as simple as one, two, three:
1.   "Immediately AFTER the affliction [great affliction, or great tribulation--ver. 29], of those days ...
2.   "... the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not be giving her beams, and the stars shall be falling from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken ...
3.   "And THEN shall appear the sign of the Son of Mankind in heaven, and then all the tribes of the land shall grieve, and they shall see the Son of Mankind coming on the clouds of heaven with power and much glory."
The "day of the Lord," the day that the Lord comes, clearly is "after" the great affliction, and "after" the heavenly signs. The book of Joel gives us a second confirmation:
"Alas! Alas! Alas for the day! For near is the DAY OF THE LORD.
And as devastation from Him Who-Suffices is it coming" (Joel 1:15).
"For coming is the DAY OF THE LORD! A day of darkness and gloominess. A day of clouds and murkiness" (Joel 2:2).
"The heavens quake, The sun and the moon are somber, and the stars gather in their brightness ... before His army [Rev. 19:11] (Joel 2:10) ...
"And He will spare His people" (2:18).
"And I will give MIRACLES IN THE HEAVENS above, And signs on the earth, Blood and fire and pillars of smoke, The sun shall be turned to darkness, And the moon to blood (2:30-31), BEFORE the coming of the DAY OF THE LORD, the great and fearful day" (2:30-31).
So we have this event neatly book-ended with references to the "great affliction" and the "heavenly signs." Matt. 24:29 clearly tells us that "immediately AFTER" the great affliction or tribulation of those days, the signs in the sun, moon and stars occur, followed by the return of Christ--the day of the Lord. And Joel 2:31 clearly tells us that the signs in the heavens occur "BEFORE" the coming of the day of the Lord. As to the chronology of these grand events, there can be no honest dispute--the day of the Lord does not include the great tribulation, but comes after the great tribulation, and after the heavenly signs.
We have already shown in Scripture that the great tribulation ends at our Lord’s advent, it does not begin. Nor is the tribulation ushered in, as a thief, three and one half years earlier or seven years earlier. It is our Lord’s "coming" that is as a thief, not "tribulation." "Gloominess" and "darkness" during the time of the day of the Lord is not the main aspect of the figure of a thief or even a minor aspect of this figure of a thief. The Bible tells us plainly what the figure represents. It is representative of "when He comes" -- "His coming"! Nothing else.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »

This is my first post. I'll do an introduction soon. Since my teen's I have feared a "Great Tribulation". Now at about 60 years old it is an even greater concern. Death does not really bother me but God has lead me thru what has been a not so easy life. It has been my thought God would not spare me from end time troubles. Reading Bible Truths I have not been clear as to Ray's thoughts. Kat's remarks has given me pause to think maybe things are not going to be as I had feared. I come out of the WWCG which could put the fear of God in you. It would be good to hear from other as to their understanding.

I am thankful for God leading me to this site and feel a connection to many on this site. There will be more questions on a number of subjects and look forward to everyone's help.

Doug

Hello Doug and welcome to the forums. It seems you chose a rather difficult topic to make your introduction. I apologize for that seeing as I am the one who started this discussion. It is a rather complicated one and one I would not consider, milk, fit for babes in Christ.

That being said, I wanted to encourage you.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, DO NOT FEAR; I WILL help you."

You should fear God, as in have "aw and respect" for Him. Do not fear Him, as if you would fear a man who has come to do you harm. God is good and God is love.

Luke 18:19 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."

Nahum 1:7 "The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him."

1 John 4:8 "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

1 Corinthians 13:8 "Love NEVER fails."

Despite these things;

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that WE MUST THROUGH MUCH TRIBULATION enter into the kingdom of God.

Revelation 1:9 "I John, who also am your brother, and COMPANION IN TRIBULATION, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ."

John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world YE SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION: but BE OF GOOD CHEAR; I have overcome the world."

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Tribulations are a part of the journey. You are in good company here, do not fear :)

Hebrews 12:5-11 "And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."

Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Welcome aboard doug, It's all apart of the journey.

Judgement has began upon the house of God

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

so rejoice that you are blessed to be apart of it now, for if we should be judged now, we shall not be judged later (Great white throne judgement).

1 Cor 11: 31-32 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world."

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such THE SECOND DEATH HATH NO POWER, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:34:51 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »

I used to think that everything was business as usual and then suddenly the flood came, but when I reread Mat 24:38, I noticed something....

In Mat 24:38, it says everything was business as usual until the day that Noah entered the ark, it doesn't say everything was business as usual until the flood came. Actually there was a seven day gap period between the day Noah entered the ark and the flood came.

Genesis 7:1 And the Lord said to Noah, Take all your family and go into the ark, for you only in this generation have I seen to be upright.
7:4 For after seven days I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, for the destruction of every living thing which I have made on the face of the earth.
7:7 And Noah, with his sons and his wife and his sons' wives, went into the ark because of the flowing of the waters.
7:10 And after the seven days, the waters came over all the earth.

The church has spoke of great tribulation and world turmoil... was that what happened before the flood?

What happened during the seven day gap? The Bible is silent about that. But what we know is that everything was business as usual until Noah entered the ark, and then something changed and people stopped having normal lifestyle during the next seven days, people didn't know what's going on until the flood came.

So I am wondering if it will be the same during end times - people will stop having normal lifestyle at some point, and then there will be a gap period between that point and the return of Jesus. Will the elect enter into a "safe place" (spiritually?) just like Noah entered into the ark before the gap period starts? And what will happen during the gap period? Didn't Ray also think that the day of the Lord comes after the great affliction?

http://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm

Let us be clear, that the "day of the Lord" is the time period of Christ’s return to this earth to punish Babylon the Great and to pour out His righteous indignation on her (and on those nations who follow and worship her) for her evil crimes of inhumanity and blasphemy. Here is the order of events (Mat. 24:29-30). It’s as simple as one, two, three:
1.   "Immediately AFTER the affliction [great affliction, or great tribulation--ver. 29], of those days ...
2.   "... the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not be giving her beams, and the stars shall be falling from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken ...
3.   "And THEN shall appear the sign of the Son of Mankind in heaven, and then all the tribes of the land shall grieve, and they shall see the Son of Mankind coming on the clouds of heaven with power and much glory."
The "day of the Lord," the day that the Lord comes, clearly is "after" the great affliction, and "after" the heavenly signs. The book of Joel gives us a second confirmation:
"Alas! Alas! Alas for the day! For near is the DAY OF THE LORD.
And as devastation from Him Who-Suffices is it coming" (Joel 1:15).
"For coming is the DAY OF THE LORD! A day of darkness and gloominess. A day of clouds and murkiness" (Joel 2:2).
"The heavens quake, The sun and the moon are somber, and the stars gather in their brightness ... before His army [Rev. 19:11] (Joel 2:10) ...
"And He will spare His people" (2:18).
"And I will give MIRACLES IN THE HEAVENS above, And signs on the earth, Blood and fire and pillars of smoke, The sun shall be turned to darkness, And the moon to blood (2:30-31), BEFORE the coming of the DAY OF THE LORD, the great and fearful day" (2:30-31).
So we have this event neatly book-ended with references to the "great affliction" and the "heavenly signs." Matt. 24:29 clearly tells us that "immediately AFTER" the great affliction or tribulation of those days, the signs in the sun, moon and stars occur, followed by the return of Christ--the day of the Lord. And Joel 2:31 clearly tells us that the signs in the heavens occur "BEFORE" the coming of the day of the Lord. As to the chronology of these grand events, there can be no honest dispute--the day of the Lord does not include the great tribulation, but comes after the great tribulation, and after the heavenly signs.
We have already shown in Scripture that the great tribulation ends at our Lord’s advent, it does not begin. Nor is the tribulation ushered in, as a thief, three and one half years earlier or seven years earlier. It is our Lord’s "coming" that is as a thief, not "tribulation." "Gloominess" and "darkness" during the time of the day of the Lord is not the main aspect of the figure of a thief or even a minor aspect of this figure of a thief. The Bible tells us plainly what the figure represents. It is representative of "when He comes" -- "His coming"! Nothing else.

Post retracted. I could not find what I thought I read here on bible truths. Apologies. I was mistaken!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:01:11 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 04:27:01 PM »

Alex, from where do you get that the moon is symbolic of God's elect?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 05:01:46 PM »

Alex, from where do you get that the moon is symbolic of God's elect?

You're right dave. I could not substantiate this claim. My apologies. I was mistaken!

Kat

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »

Hi zvezda,

I certainly have thought of those days after Noah went into the ark before the flood came. Does Noah represents Jesus Christ and Noah and his family the few? And God Himself determined when the door of the Ark would be shut by his own hand.

Gen 7:16  So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the LORD shut him in.

There are some interesting Scriptures that seem to parallel the Door being shut. 

Luke 13:25  When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, "Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, "I do not know you, where you are from,'

Could there be a spiritual wedding that takes place in the short interval from the Door being shut and the flood that is imminent? 

Mat 25:10  And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with Him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:09:14 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 08:43:35 PM »

Luk 13:23 Now someone said to Him, "Lord, are few being saved?Now He said to them, "
Luk 13:24 Be struggling to be entering through the cramped door, for I am saying to you, many will be seeking to enter and will not be strong enough."
Luk 13:25 From which time the householder should be roused and latch the door, and you should be beginning to stand outside and to be knocking at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' and answering, he will be declaring to you, 'I am not acquainted with you! Whence are you?'"
Luk 13:26 Then should you be beginning to say, 'We ate and drank in your sight, and in our squares you teach!'"
Luk 13:27 He also will be declaring: 'I am saying to you, I am not acquainted with you! Whence are you? Withdraw from me, all workers of injustice!'"
Luk 13:28 There will be lamentation and gnashing of teeth, whenever you should be seeing Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, yet you cast outside."
Luk 13:29 And they will be arriving from east and west and from north and south and will be made to recline in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30 And lo! they are last who will be first, and they are first who will be last."

zvezda

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 09:23:57 PM »

Mat 24: 39  and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Hi Kat, it seems to me, they probably were confused about something since they didn't know what's going on until the flood came, they obviously didn't even try to knock or ask to open the door. So I don't think there's a spiritual wedding from the door being shut and the flood that is imminent. But you brought up a good point about the door being shut, I guess we need to study more and wait for God granting us the understanding.

Kat

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2013, 11:05:47 PM »

Mat 24: 39  and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Hi Kat, it seems to me, they probably were confused about something since they didn't know what's going on until the flood came, they obviously didn't even try to knock or ask to open the door. So I don't think there's a spiritual wedding from the door being shut and the flood that is imminent. But you brought up a good point about the door being shut, I guess we need to study more and wait for God granting us the understanding.

Of course the world will be confused and not know what is happening when Christ is returning and what do you think the people of the world will think when they see the "sign of the Son of man will appear"... they will "mourn" at what they believe is happening.

Mat 24:30  Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
v. 31  And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The ark represents Jesus Christ ("God saved Noah and his family from the raging waves of the sea in an ark. When we come to understanding spiritual things, we will clearly see that the ark represents Christ" http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html) and Noah's family "the few" (1Peter 3:20) represents the elect. When the elect have enter into the Ark-Christ-Kingdom, is when the door will be shut, "when once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door" (Luke 13:25).

When does this spiritual "wedding" of the elect take place? Well as soon as "the Lord our God... becomes King" and begins His reign and He raises the elect into His kingdom to meet Him in the air... when the bride meets the Bridegroom is the wedding - the marriage of the Lamb.

1Th 4:16  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
v. 17  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Rev 19:6 And I heard as a voice of a great multitude, and as a voice of many waters, and as a voice of mighty thunderings, saying—Hallelujah! Because the Lord, our God, the Almighty, hath become King.
v. 7 Let us rejoice and exult, and give glory unto Him, because the marriage of the Lamb, is come, and, His wife, hath made herself ready;
v. 8 and it hath been given unto her, that she should be arrayed in fine linen, bright, pure, for, the fine linen, is, the righteous acts of the saints.
v. 9 And he saith unto me—Write! Happy, they who, unto the marriage supper of the Lamb, have been bidden! And he saith unto me—These words, are, true words of God. (Rotherham)

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:35:06 AM by Kat »

zvezda

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »

Hi Kat, I think I misunderstood your previous post. When you mentioned Luke 13:25 -

Luke 13:25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, "Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, "I do not know you, where you are from

I was focusing on what's happening outside the door/ark, that's why I said the people obviously didn't even try to knock or ask to open the door, hence I didn't think there's a spiritual wedding (outside the door/ark).

I guess for this kind of topic, I tend to focus more on what will be happening to the world than to the elect.  :P

We already know what happened to Noah and his family, they were in the ark, safe and sound. What we don't know is what happened to the people outside. Once Noah entered the ark, they stopped having the normal lifestyle. What made them stop? And what were they doing if they weren't having a normal lifestyle?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:12:22 AM by zvezda »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »

zvezda, the Judgement of God begins in His Own house.  Is the whole world even being judged now?  I don't think so.  They are "already" condemned.  The judgement and salvation of the world is for the next age.  It is "believers" who are being separated.  The Ark is Christ.  Noah's family are the chosen ones IN HIM.  Many will say unto Him, "Lord, did we not do wondrous works in Thy name?"  That's not the world...that's the church.  And He will answer and say "depart from me, for I never knew you."  Many are called, few are chosen.  That message of Scripture concerning the Gospel of the Kingdom is EVERYWHERE in Scripture.

virginiabm

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 09:31:26 AM »

Hi Everyone,
       I thought I would throw in my two cents,  if I may on Noah and the ark. Gen. 7:4,10. After Noah went into the Ark it didn't rain for seven days. After seven days the rain came and it rained for forty days and forty nights. Could it be that it took seven days for Noah to gather all the animals and food they would need before the flood came? In other words it took seven days to prepare all that had to be done before the flood, as God is preparing the Elect for His kingdom right now.
      The people on the outside could have been mocking and pointing their fingers, as they do to us today. Not believing and not caring. The hundred tears that Noah preached did not sway them, but we know there is another hundred years mentioned in the Word of God. Isa. 65:20
       This is what I see right now, but I could be wrong. Anymore insights from anyone would be appreciated.

Your Sister in Christ,
     Virginia Miller                     

santgem

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »

Doug

Hi Dough,

Please find time to read this...

Hi Ray,

I have been really praying and asking God for wisdom and being led to bible-truths.com seemed to have been His answer. After inquiring further from God and asking His spirit, I can now say with all confidence that in all my strivings to love the Lord in all my life, i have not experienced as much freedom as now as a believer. God has become so much bigger, more intelligent, more perfect and more Loving than I have known His perfection to be. For this, I am now loving Him more and his people, obeying Him more, and feels like my life just started to count where it matters the most.

Please help me with a very important question. I am currently a member of a christian church that is very much one of "Christendom's".  What should I do now after receiving all these truths?  Should I bid goodbye to my pastor and church? My father-in-law is also a pastor of another church and my entire family are christians of "Christendom's", how should I share these truths? Because honestly, I may not be able to share to them as precise and as scripturally based as you would. Basically, how should I start living, doing from now (practically speaking).

Thank you for your time and attention. God bless you, your family and the precious work you do in the Lord!

Nate

Dear Nate: I get asked this a lot, but there is no easy formula for me to give you. You know that you should obey God. This is the primary thing we must all do. But for me to tell you how to live your life on a daily basis, I'm afraid I can't do.  If you don't know whether you should continue living in the Babylonian Church system, what good would it be for me to tell you that God says, "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE...." (Rev. 18:4)?  If you try to convert your family, friends, and relatives to your new-found truths, they will think you crazy or may even turn on you.  So leave them alone. The way you conduct your life will speak volumes about what you believe, however, clever arguments will convince no one.  Of the tens of thousands of detractors who have tried to contradict my teachings, which I then answered and proved them wrong with the Scriptures, how many do you suppose said: "Oh, okay, now I see it.  I'm sorry. I was deceived. I see now that you do teach the truth"?  Would you believe 2 or 3? That's right--2 or 3 out of tens of thousands.

You will face ever-changing challenges in your life--every few seconds, minutes, and hours of every day. You will have to decide how to handle these situations, one at a time. Learn the Truth and then live by the Truth.  Did Jesus teach His apostles how to react to every situation that would confront them after He was gone?  No, no He didn't.  Life is indeed a challenge, and in the final analysis it all comes down to YOU AND GOD.  I am at the same place that you are, Nate.  No one tells me how to solve all my problems. I just obey God and rely on Him to see me through.  Many people want to be teachers after learning a few of the basic truths of God. This is generally a mistake, as it takes more to be a teacher than a desire to teach.  I might desire to be a great singer, or a great speller--the reality is both are totally out of the question.  I am what I am by the grace of God. I realize that most think it is rather scary to try and live a righteous life not knowing exactly what to do and how to do it.  Your darn right it's scary.  Life is scary.  But knowing that there is a loving God Who is carrying out a righteous and wise purpose on this earth is a giant aid to our infirmities.

There is no better way to assuage our own inadequacies than to help others with theirs.  I remember when I was going to college back in California, we took a weekend camping trip to the San Bernadino Mountains. One day we climbed this mountain. A couple of chaperone's brought their children. At one place high up the mountain we followed a trail that was precariously close to a cliff with a long drop. I was getting a little nervous. However, close to me was one of the children (a girl of maybe 8 or 9 years), and she was beginning to have a panic attack.  I took her by the hand and put her on the inside and assured her that we would not fall.  My fear left me immediately, and the little girl did just fine also.  I never forgot that experience.  Help and love others, and your life will begin to take on meaning.
God be with you,
Ray

@Topic

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!

Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Phl 4:4-7
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:49:44 AM by santgem »

zvezda

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »

Hi Virginia, Mat 24:38 says the people on the outside were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark. That means they stopped having that kind of lifestyle for the next seven days.

I understand they were mocking and pointing their fingers, not believing and not caring etc, when Noah was building the ark and before the door was shut, but not after the door was shut and during the next seven days, because that would mean that they were still having their usual lifestyle during the seven days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.