bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 4410 times)

Doug

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
New Guy
« on: November 09, 2013, 11:26:59 PM »

Since a very early age I have felt God was working with me. It has been as the song goes a long and winding road. In my early teen I started studying the teaches of Herbert Armstrong and eventually became a member in my middle 30's. I left the Worldwide Church of God about 12 years ago. Soon to be 60.

There is probably never a day since my childhood that I did not think of God, even at my most sinful times. About a year ago God brought me to the place where I was crying out for His forgiveness and mercy. I prayed for understanding and a church that taught the truth. To my surprise God's answer was no church. God lead me to Bible Truths, I'm not even sure how I found you guys.

I'm still trying to understand the free will thing, it's much bigger than my mind will allow at this time. Reading and understanding and being able to quote the Bible is not my strength. God has given me few talents but lot's of faith.

God has put me thru by most standards a very difficult life. I have never questioned God but now I thank God, it is after all His will. It is very easy to look around and find others far worse off. If ever you feel self pity read a book on holocaust victims, your problems will seem small.

There has been a number of very direct interventions in my life by God. One physically saved me from certain injury of worse. this time is the spiritual intervention.

I look forward to learning, you may not see me post a lot, I'm  certainly no biblical scholar. The best I can do is to be lead by God's spirit and always pray for His mercy on this sinner.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better. Kat, you do not have to give me the info but suspect you will anyway, thanks in advance.

Doug

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 11:42:18 PM »

Welcome to the forum Doug

Freewill is a big one but I find now it is more difficult to believe I have it.

May you be blessed here and discover more of His truth

Rhys
🤫

microlink

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 12:36:32 AM »

Welcome Doug,

I have read Ray's material and listened to his audio's for the last 6 years or so. I am still learning.
I think I have a good idea on the journey you are on since I have travelled a similar road.
We are told to come out of her my people. I too have come out of WWCG quite a few years ago.
Learn and share.
Joe

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 05:54:55 AM »

Welcome Doug,

The Worldwide Church of God did not have that many members but we attract a lot of their ex-members.

I'm happy you found us.

Dennis

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »

I'm still trying to understand the free will thing, it's much bigger than my mind will allow at this time.

Welcome to the forum Doug and thank you for sharing some of your journey with us. :)

Having "no free will" may be hard to wrap your mind around, but once you have been blessed to understand it, you will find that it is one of the most "freeing" truth of all. 8)

René

Kat

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »

Hi Doug,

Welcome to the forum  :)
Okay you must have been lurking for a while, glad you decided to join in. It's almost funny how many ex-WCG people that we see come in here, yes I was one myself for 15 years. These truths that we are learning at BT is difficult, especially at first, so opposed to what we had always believed. But as I continue to study and meditate on these things they are becoming clearer, it just takes time for them to sink in.

I hope you will come to this forum to find fellowship and peace from the deceptions that fill the world. You can join in a discussion when you see something of interest come up or ask your own question. Questions are a good thing, the more perspectives on a matter the more people it may help as well. I find seeking to help another better understand these truths is very helpful to my own understanding too.

If you run into a problem then ask for help, somebody is usually around to give assistance.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »

I'm still trying to understand the free will thing, it's much bigger than my mind will allow at this time.

Took me years to get it.

se7en

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 11:31:36 AM »

Welcome Doug!

I love Rhy's reply....

"Freewill is a big one but I find now it is more difficult to believe I have it."

I know after studying more and asking questions you will get there too. It's a slap in the face at first but once God drags us through that we stand on the other side and look behind us, knowing that it was all Him.

Like Dennis was saying... I went crazy for about a year and a half grasping with this particular issue. Self-righteousness does not want to die... I understood what God was saying in my logical thinking and how Ray layed it out, it all made sense... but my heart had to catch up. It took time for it to really sink in. 

And still today, I'm having to catch myself... I'll get angry about something my wife says "God does not create evil", but then I have to take a step back and acknowledge that even those words she said, God is causing that. It's ALL HIS WORK!!!!

And then I remember, He's constantly working on me, and I love what He's doing :)     

I asked my wife the other day, "Can you live with me knowing that your husband believes that God creates good and evil and works both for good?"

I asked my wife this question, but really, I'm pointing the finger at myself. "Can I live with God creating and working good and evil, all for our good?"

And I answered: "Yes, Lord, I can live with you doing this in me and for me. Not my will, but yours be done. I couldn't even think this thought unless you caused it to happen in me."

Not only has it happened in my life already, it IS happening now, and continues to happen. I always want to be in that frame of mind. All is of God.
~Se7en

Doug

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 11:33:04 PM »

se7en,

Your words were very helpful. I got the free will concept in a broad sense right away. What has been less clear is the extent of choices we make and what part is God's hand in our lives. I'm beginning to see our choices are really caused by God. Now you have opened my mind to all words and actions are from God. I want in my small mind to limit an all powerful God. It is a process but you have stated things in a way that is really starting to click with me. It is the most freeing and humbling experience anyone can have. Problems and worries seem to dissolve.

I appreciate everyone kind words. Yes Kat I've been lurking around for awhile. Long enough to start to know you guys or as much as possible thru the internet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.