bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Just need to vent how about you?  (Read 49370 times)

rick

Just need to vent how about you?
« on: November 10, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »

Its amazing to me the deception that seems to be everywhere, I hate how truth is distorted with every turn I take.  Sometimes I think I hate myself for not being able to overcome even my own iniquities.

Truth is a rarity in this life, tell me, after a lifetime does one even have ( five ) percent of the truth at death ? When truth does come there is always someone casting doubt concerning truth as  to persuade against it with persuasive arguments.

The government lies to me, religious leaders lie to me, even members of my own family lies to me too. I watch the evening news and all I see is madness and wickedness everywhere.

What sickens me the most is I'm apart of it all too, are my hands clean? Am I without iniquities ? Do I live a righteous life ? Who am I that God should be mindful of ? Death is what I deserve for the wages of sin is death and I'm a sinner.

Maybe I should have a few beers tonight and forget about life for a while, I have read the lake of fire series and I know inwardly I'm going to learn the ways of God either here and now or there and then and the choice is not even mind to make.

I want to say something to God about that but I will place my finger over my lip for I am only a man and cannot direct my own steps, I guess its better that way at least I can only be held accountable and not responsible for my actions.

OK I'm angry and venting because I'm helpless to change one thing about me, see, now I have to trust God completely so guess its that beast within me always trying to run the show. May death come to the beast tonight.

I just want to be real, I want to put aside my foolish pride that's says I have to be right, I have to be the best the smartest well the truth is I'm not, the real truth is I'm the least of all of you here there is nothing glamorous about me at all I'm nothing. That's how it is.

But at the end of the day I thank God because God is everything to me God is great God is loving and its God who is going to save a wreck like me a nobody like me. OK I'm done venting. Thank you for putting up with a fool like me. God bless you all.

Love and peace to all.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:06:59 PM by Rick »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Just need to vent how about you?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »

I'd vent along-side you, but I think I understand that all those people truly believe what they say.  It'll all be sorted out in the end, and nothing but love and forgiveness will remain.  I hope for just a little of that now, but if that doesn't work maybe the beers would help a bit.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:31:26 AM »

Its amazing to me the deception that seems to be everywhere, I hate how truth is distorted with every turn I take.  Sometimes I think I hate myself for not being able to overcome even my own iniquities.

Truth is a rarity in this life, tell me, after a lifetime does one even have ( five ) percent of the truth at death ? When truth does come there is always someone casting doubt concerning truth as  to persuade against it with persuasive arguments.

The government lies to me, religious leaders lie to me, even members of my own family lies to me too. I watch the evening news and all I see is madness and wickedness everywhere.

What sickens me the most is I'm apart of it all too, are my hands clean? Am I without iniquities ? Do I live a righteous life ? Who am I that God should be mindful of ? Death is what I deserve for the wages of sin is death and I'm a sinner.

Maybe I should have a few beers tonight and forget about life for a while, I have read the lake of fire series and I know inwardly I'm going to learn the ways of God either here and now or there and then and the choice is not even mind to make.

I want to say something to God about that but I will place my finger over my lip for I am only a man and cannot direct my own steps, I guess its better that way at least I can only be held accountable and not responsible for my actions.

OK I'm angry and venting because I'm helpless to change one thing about me, see, now I have to trust God completely so guess its that beast within me always trying to run the show. May death come to the beast tonight.

I just want to be real, I want to put aside my foolish pride that's says I have to be right, I have to be the best the smartest well the truth is I'm not, the real truth is I'm the least of all of you here there is nothing glamorous about me at all I'm nothing. That's how it is.

But at the end of the day I thank God because God is everything to me God is great God is loving and its God who is going to save a wreck like me a nobody like me. OK I'm done venting. Thank you for putting up with a fool like me. God bless you all.

Love and peace to all.

Vent? Don't mind if I do!

You sure you're the least of all of us? Look a little further down, you'll find me right below you!

I'm not a beer kind of guy though, i'm not much into wine either. I guess i'll just have some water or a nice cold soda!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 12:39:49 AM »

Let me just toss this in here before I slink away...is it always the "lies" that matter?  Is it also that people don't follow their own "truths".  You might expand that to these others you mentioned.

Just an example:  Eternal Torment and Free-will are "lies".  But when you say "Jesus is the Savior of the World", yet don't believe He saves the world you are a hypocrite.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 01:41:45 AM »

I can't say I vent over such things or get frustrated. It would be a lack of trusting in God for His provision if I did. Your life and the world around may look a mess but it doesn't change the fact that God is still in charge. I just keep reading Ray's material and rejoice in the truth as I discover it. I know God is going to put it all right so I rejoice in that. Even where I fall over I know God will lift me up again and I will learn. God will set us free in His time so trust in Him. His Spirit reveals the truth and it matters not what others say with there wise arguments. The truth sets you free and you know it when you hear it.

Php 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
Php 4:5  Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;
Php 4:6  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

We need to trust in Him and forget about looking at our own strength as it will fail but He can't and He will do all His will not just some or most but all.

Rhys
🤫

dodrill

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 02:33:32 AM »

Good vent Rick
I feel this way sometimes too - illusion, delusion - all of it - it is the nature of this world - and men try hard to keep it this way
I guess when we think of spiritual things - we are thinking of another world - and we are at complete odds with all around us
I'm learning not to fight it - it is what it is - this world - this experience  :)

I like this verse

John 18:36 - Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”

Stacey

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 04:32:21 AM »

Hi Rick,

Almost everything you said sounded like something I would say. Seriously.

However, if you want to take the least amongst us trophy home, you are behind in points.  :)

Enjoyed your vent friend, hang tight, it gets worse before it gets better.

Stacey

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 08:46:59 AM »

It's all part of the plan.

I think most of us see the injustice in this world. But try not to judge God. He knows what He's doing.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »

Rick, we are all wrenched and nobodies, that's part of His plan to call the "base things" so nobody can boost. But actually we need to have this miserable experience of carnal lust and desires, we have to be a part of it to really know it, to come out of it and then we all have to sink to the depths of despair because we are in it. Isn't it all part of our training, to be prepared to rule with Christ. To be able to really help others we need to know what they have been dealing with from our own experience in it.

Yes it is hard dealing with or even just witnessing all the corruption and dishonesty that fills this world, but it is something we all need first hand experience with to understand and feel it's real detrimental effects. I believe this life of misery was actually necessary for the very Son of God in order to "learn obedience," by actually experiencing it. He learned from first hand experience what it was like to deal with corruption and wickedness the same as we do, but without ever sinning because of it. Yes I believe it was necessary even for Him so to really be able to fully sympathize with the misery that we actually experience every day in this world.

Heb 4:14  Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
v. 15  For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
v. 16  Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »

I can't say I vent over such things or get frustrated. It would be a lack of trusting in God for His provision if I did. Your life and the world around may look a mess but it doesn't change the fact that God is still in charge. I just keep reading Ray's material and rejoice in the truth as I discover it. I know God is going to put it all right so I rejoice in that.

Absolutely!!  I've got an inkling of some things that are coming down the road in our near future.  In and of myself I wouldn't want to get out of bed in the morning if I had to face the world and what is coming on my own.  Fact of the matter is that God himself has decreed that the world is in the mess that it is right now and as we read the scriptures we know that everything is going according to God's plan.

As long as the Father remains on the throne of the universe all will be well.  We know from the scriptures that all will end well for all of God's creation.  We just have to trust that God knows what He is doing and all the lies, hypocrisy and wickedness is where the world needs to be right now.   Christ has said that he will never leave us or forsake us. And if he is for us then who can be against us?  Doesn't mean that it's going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination.  God knows what He is doing and I trust him.  It is enough.

rick

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 11:28:07 PM »

Hello to all and thanks for your response

Hi Dave, I never witness to anyone concerning God because I understand what most people believe about God, like most are going to hell and we all have free will, so when anyone ask me what I think about God I never tell them the truths I have learned here at B.T. but rather say you should checkout this web site L ray Smith exposing those who contradict and always say read the lake of fire series and let me know what you think.

I always enjoy the positive feed back I get from people I mention the site to and I know this site can give these people a much better understanding than I can. I remember reading something Ray had said about people who come to this site and learn a few truths then want to take their pastor on and Ray said they will eat you alive so I don’t witness I let Ray do that its better that way.

To lilitalienboil16 and Stacey

Both of your responses are awesome because 16 had said Look a little further down and I like how Stacey says it  ( if you want to take the least amongst us trophy home ) I just want you both to know how much that means to me as I perceive you two have been where I am now. Thanks for sharing.                                           

Hi Rhys,

I understand what your saying to me but I’m not there where you are at this time but I do appreciate you comment very much as your words let me know one day I won’t vent over such things either but I know that won’t happen until Gods time for me. Thanks again Rhys much appreciated.                                             

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your response and yes I will not judge God over these things, I do understand they are there for my learning and understanding. Please don’t laugh at me but I’m not sure yet what God wants me to see in all these things. I know all is of God but I don’t understand all of what God is doing except that God knows best and I don’t .

To Kat                                                     

I always appreciate all your responses to my threads as well as my pm to you, the wisdom you share with me always warms my heart and leaves me with a peaceful easiness that lets me know I’m on the right road . Thanks again Kat for all your help.

Hayley and Arion, Thank you both also for your responses and I would like to say that no response is a wasted response for with each one I do learn something new and that’s what being here is about.

Thank you all and may peace and love follow you all each and every day.    :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:34:33 PM by Rick »

Ian 155

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 04:22:24 AM »

I've tried that venting bit Rick - your stone is being removed ..... so rejoice, some call it Independence day Im told and this can happen while days are still dark or according to Acts 2 early in the morning

John 20 - Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. 2 So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don’t know where they have put him!”

Ian

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 12:32:29 PM »

It's encouraging to know that we're all on the same path but some are further ahead and have already encountered the obstacles that slow us down.  Thank you all that I can be lifted up from what you have to say whether it's venting, praise or words of encoursagment.

Diane

loretta

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 02:14:04 PM »

I tried a beer over the weekend and I didn't like it!  Actually, it seems that post BT, the beast within me is getting more active.  Formerly, I worked hard at being a Christian, I had an image to project.  I had to be different from those who were not saved.  Now I see that I am not different, I am as corrupt as this corrupt world, as debased as the next person.  And I can't even choose to be different even if I tried.  I've given up trying. :(  Its freeing in a way, but at times I feel that I'm just being carried away on the tide of humanity and its frightening - like getting lost.  And I have to remind myself that God has his eye on me and He will not loose me, just as He will everybody.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 03:46:58 PM »

I think the free'ing revelation in seeing yourself as the beast within is that you no longer think you're better than everyone else. You realize that you're apart of the human condition, the sickness that makes all humanity morally void. It opens up a whole new perspective on the world, your neighbor, your brother and sister, your father and mother, your children, your loved ones and your enemies. There is not one righteousness, there is none good save God. Salvation is not a thing of works earned by one or another but rather a free gift through the another free gift known as faith. It isnt even our faith either, its the faith of the Son in us.

This evil experience is indeed humbling, it hurts when you realize you're absolutely useless against the beast. The beast was given power over the saints to overcome them! There is nothing you can do to defeat the beast, he has power over you by the divine wisdom of God foreordained before the world began. Christ will eventually destroy the beast completely but it takes time. Godly characteristics take time to develop. Patients is something that can only exist if you are WAITING. Waiting by definition occurs through a period of time. Longsuffering! Whats worse is when the beast takes full reign and indulges in the carnal flesh convincing you to embrace its lust. That's the worst because then you are completely given to the ways of the flesh.

We are not without hope though. The beauty of it all is the transforming of humanity into His image. Humanity will become apart of the family of God. We will see Him as He is because we will be like Him. I think maybe that's why we have such a hard time understanding God, Jesus, Lord, Father, One, Greater than etc.. because we are not like Him yet so we do not see Him as He is. All this is absolutely necessary though if we want to be children of God, sons and daughters possessing immortality. Who knows what the future holds beyond that point. Paul said that no eye has seen or ear heard, nor entered the heart of man the things God has waiting for us.

If only we could imagine what is yet to come, I can't even began to glimpse what a marvelous existence awaits us beyond these broken bodies.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »

Hi loretta,

We are all right there with you. Paul wrote eloquently about that very thing of being trapped in this beastly "body of death" is how he put it.

Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

Before we were content being the beast, maybe we even embraced our beast before. But now we do not like it one bit, yet we continue to be aware of it. We have to learn that WE can not fight it and expect to win... And so what conclusion did Paul come to?

Rom 7:25  I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

So we have real hope from the Spirit of Jesus Christ working in us. We need to keep the right attitude and take one day at a time and God WILL give us victories.

1Cor 15:57  But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
v. 58  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:22:57 AM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 11:41:55 PM »

I cannot thank you all enough for your responses as I see I'm not going through something unique or foreign in my walk with God but rather what I'm experiencing is common to believers the world over.

I was beginning to think there is something wrong with me, you know I praise God, talk to God then five minutes later find myself sinning, I just don't get it or understand it. I been looking at this thing called pride lately and I'm seeing it as a most hurtful thing, I find pride is such a deception.

You know from early youth up I'm told to have pride in myself, pride in my accomplishments, pride pride, pride, well you know this world can keep its pride for with it I can not be real. pride is like makeup its just a deceptive mask to wear so no one really knows who I am.

I guess the only pride worth having is pride in God and God only. I'm so glad I did this thread because I learned so much from all of your responses I really have and its awesome to learn I'm no different no better than any other person on earth, there now maybe that's what God wants me to see.

Loretta I thank you for your reply and I love how you coined it when you said ( I worked hard at being a Christian, I had an image to project )  Lol,  looks like we are going through the same thing sister but now I remember an old saying shame the devil tell the truth.

I am thankful to God for leading me to B.T. and I thank all of you for being here and for all your responses too.

Love and peace to all of you.

theophilus

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:54 AM »

I have experienced the same inability and frustration. How are we to square our experience with 1 Peter 2:11-12

1 Peter 2:11-12; 15-16:

11 Dear friends, I urge you as aliens and temporary residents NOT TO GIVE IN TO THE DESIRES OF YOUR OLD NATURE, WHICH KEEP WARRING AGAINST YOU; 12 but to live such good lives among the pagans that even though they now speak against you as evil-doers, they will, as a result of seeing your good actions, give glory to God on the Day of his coming.
15 FOR IT IS GOD’S WILL that YOUR DOING GOOD should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 SUBMIT AS PEOPLE WHO ARE FREE, but not letting your freedom serve as an excuse for evil; rather, submit as God’s slaves.

We are not to give in to the desires of our OLD NATURE (we have now a new nature), we are not to let our freedom serve as an excuse for evil. I heard a self-appointed false Christ say that since ALL OUR SINS have been forgiven, we can do whatever our flesh pulls us to do. The sin is no more. In fact, he claims that Jesus has destroyed Satan, that he no longer EXISTS! I don't believe this of course.

Maybe the answer is in 1 Peter 2:1-2! : Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice, of all deceit, hypocrisy and envy, and of all the ways there are of speaking against people; 2 AND BE LIKE NEWBORN BABIES, THIRSTY FOR THE PURE MILK OF THE WORD; SO THAT BY IT, YOU MAY GROW UP INTO DELIVERANCE. 3 For you have tasted that Adonai is good.

"Growing up into deliverance". Growing up is a process; it takes time and lots of mistakes. A newborn baby grows up under the care of a loving parent that looks after him, picks him up when the baby has fallen, that wipes his tears and soothes his wounds, and so on and so forth. Our Heavenly Father is doing the same with us, I'm sure. We have tasted Adonai, and we know that He is good (Psalm 34.9: Taste, and see that Adonai is good. How blessed are those who take refuge in him!)

Roger

santgem

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 09:39:04 AM »

GOD CREATES AND USES EVIL FOR GOOD!

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 02:59:21 PM »

You know from early youth up I'm told to have pride in myself, pride in my accomplishments, pride pride, pride, well you know this world can keep its pride for with it I can not be real.

Yes, the world certainly promotes a prideful attitude, however, God's word teaches us to be humble. 

Proverb 16:18 - "Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling."

James 4:10 - "Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you."

1Peter 5:6 - "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time."

Jesus is the way! 8)

René
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 23 queries.