bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Just need to vent how about you?  (Read 49107 times)

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Just need to vent how about you?
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »

Pierdut:

As Ray has said.. It is very, very difficult getting saved. I understand your feelings, because I am going through the same process. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. To me, it has been so difficult that at times it has felt like coming undone, or at my "wit's end". However, it is just part of this difficult "Way". We were created by God, initially, as desperately weak and filled with deceit. To go from that point into the image of Christ takes so much time. Remember what Peter said? "Beloved, think it not STRANGE concerning the fiery trial which IS to try you, as though some STRANGE thing has happened unto you". We ARE going to think these circumstances in our lives are strange, but God is telling and reassuring us to NOT think this way. It's just part of the "long journey into a far country", as Jesus said in one of His parables, that's all. So very few will travel this journey in THIS lifetime. Pray to God everyday for His wisdom and mercy in your struggles, as I do the same. His Will be done.  :)

rick

« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »

Hi Pierdut

I don’t believe anyone’s  life can be anything besides what it was ordained to be. Please remember we are a piece of clay in the hands of the potter ( God ) . It is God who has determined what each persons life should be.

Now God is working in your life but I think maybe you feel insecure because of sins you commit. God knows the very first sin I committed , He knows the sins I commit now and He also knows the last sin I will commit seconds before my death.

I do not have the ability to live up to the standards of God nor does anyone else either. Because we have not the ability to live up to the standards of God and come to understand that, then we realize , a war is going on within us.

I believe that this war I speak of is taking place inside of you Pierdut and its driving you crazy as it also did me, Now your on the threshold of trusting Christ in a greater degree.

God gave Ray some incredible insight to share with the world and we who understand God’s truths through Rays papers will experience a war going on within. Its like we become two rather than one and the two are always warring.

In the beginning for me, although I had the truth, I was still trusting in me rather than Christ. Oh I trusted Christ for salvation but me to clean my act up, ( LOL) I discovered I don’t have the ability to live up to God’s standards.

Everything in Rays papers leads me to the ultimate truth, which is trusting in Christ to do for us what we can not do for ourselves. However it’s in God’s time Pierdut,.

What your going through is what God intended for you to go through. As time goes on Christ will cause you to trust Him more and more with the passing of each day and night. Just remember its all in God’s time. Say Pierdut,have you considered your going through the lake of fire and things are getting burned up?

Peace and love to all.  ???

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:49:48 PM by Rick »

Pierdut

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2013, 02:47:49 AM »

Rick,  I believe that I am one of those that can not be forgiven in this age (nor the age to come). I would pray wholeheartedly to God for forgiveness,  and his mercy and grace, and I would go right back to sinning again as if I didn't even believe there was a God, or didn't care. And I tend to be happier during that time than when I'm humble and believing and praying.  Problem is, I can't stick to disbelieving in God any longer than I can stick to believing in Him again. My mind is a mess of all sorts of emotions and flashbacks, and regrets,  and beliefs; beliefs which are not in accord with one another, and I have trouble choosing and sticking to just one thing. Yes, it really is a war within. And it's the same way with continuing to live or not. I go back and forth between marching on and putting an end to it.

I have prayed for peace of mind,  and stability,  and God's help, but it seems as though God won't help me. I have sinned willingly after coming unto a knowledge of these things about God, and as the Scriptures say - there remains no more sacrifice for that. That's what it seems like; but then,  why do I still pray? A few years ago I couldn't have prayed even if I tried, because I lacked all faith, and completely disbelieved in God. Now I pray and believe He exists, but it seems like my prayers are unwanted,  and that I'm praying in vain.

I am insecure about a lot of things, but failing to live up to God's standards isn't one of them.

Was re-reading those papers about "free-will," and I believe that I don't have such a power,  or ability to make uncaused choices or to thwart God's plan, purpose,  or intention.  And that's mainly why I do pray,  because I am (therefore) dependent on God for everything.  I prayed that His will be done, no matter what the outcome might be. And then I'd go right back to having doubt, and doing those things I wanted to no longer do (envy, strife, hatred,  etc., etc., etc.,..).

So what then is the solution?

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2013, 03:25:06 AM »

You can't set yourself free......give it up, it's not going to happen

John 8:36  So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

If the son sets you free then your free but only then and that's God's will. I have experienced that in areas of my life but not every area. All I could do is pray and leave it up to Him.

God does it His way and not ours. This passage helps me a lot when I'm struggling

Isa 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isa 55:10  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
Isa 55:11  so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

It's not that God will not allow us to fail but it's HE CAN"T FAIL. We need to see that from His word and Ray covered it well.

You will be set free by His doing when you come to hate those things and you won't want to do them, that's what I've experienced. I wish it was in all areas but that day will come too........God will see to that.

I want to be 100% totally free now but it doesn't happen that way. I can't choose that but I can ask.

Been thinking recently about rejoice in the Lord always and yet it seems hard to do that but it becomes easier now as I realise it His work in me and even if it doesn't seem great in what is going on at times I know He is doing His will. His perfecting is being done as He wills so I rejoice because God is awesome no matter how I feel at the time.

Rhys

🤫

rick

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2013, 11:30:42 AM »

Hi pierdut

When I read your last reply, I felt as if I were the author of those words I read. Your words are heart felt to me as I can relate to them wholeheartedly.

I asked this question to God through out the years, If I live for 80 years and in those 80 years I was so evil so wicked and hateful , would it be fair to make me burn for more than the 80 years I made people suffer with my wickedness?

It always seemed to me that God was in and out of my life my whole life. I always felt condemned, never measuring up, always missing the mark. I tried to stop sinning and did ok for a day or two but right back to it again. 

I prayed to God to take those sins out of my life that I felt would condemn me but to no avail. So I kept running away from God my whole life because of sin.

I am who I am and what I am and I can’t change me for nothing, the pull of sin is greater than any strength I have in me to be victorious over sin and I conceded that God is right and I am wrong and there is nothing I can do about it.

After years of living with this fear God answered my question through ( Bible truths )
The reason or cause that lead me to this site was a great fear I had most of my life, and that fear was going to HELL and burning forever without any hope.  ( Thank you Christendom for the fear trip )
Today, because of  B.T. I understand why I could never free will myself out of sin, I also come to understand that God is not looking to wack me with a baseball bat or send me to hell because of sin.

God wants me to have and experience of good and evil in this life because I / we are being made in the image of God. ( see the man has become like us knowing good and evil ). Today I believe if God leaves one thing up to me to get saved then salvation is not possible for me.

Sometimes I look at myself and say what does God see in me? Once there was a time I just did what I did and never thought twice about it, now not always so, I have regrets for some things and feel remorse for some things.

God made me in vanity, you know, to spiritually weak to obey the laws of God, I want to obey Gods laws , I want to do the right things in life , I want to be perfect but I’m not.

Maybe God won’t forgive me in this life, maybe not even the next life to come but somewhere in the future God will forgive me, or maybe God will forgive me in this life but I don’t really know.

Its up to God, it always was, there is nothing I can do about me, only God can change me, and so I wait on the Lord and I know I will be forgiven at some point in the future . Thank you Jesus.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »

The REASON there is no more sacrifice for sins is BECAUSE there has already been a sacrifice for sins...ONCE and FOR ALL.  Judgement is not there because we haven't been forgiven.  Judgement is there because we haven't learned righteousness.  The Lake of Fire is in the PRESENCE of the LAMB--the One slain for the forgiveness of sin.

As Ray said, the first 'thing' that God does with sin in our lives is FORGIVENESS.  It is AFTER forgiveness that repentance comes, and after repentance that cleansing comes.  Do you think God has it backwards?  What we have to do is BELIEVE, and that is what gets us started.     

I did not mention in my earlier post that these issues I've dealt with are not totally gone.  It's just that a tipping point has been reached where 1.  I care.  and 2. they no longer are defining factors in my life, but 'lapses' meant to keep me humble.

http://bible-truths.com/unpardon.html

and an excerpt:

But the main thing I would tell you, Kevin, is that if you FEAR that you might have committed this sin, it is actually evidence THAT YOU HAVE NOT committed this sin. Those who blaspheme the holy spirit HAVE NO CONSCIENCE about their sin and therefore don't even care. Since you care and are concerned it is proof that God has given you a heart that wants to do right. So follow God's leadings in your life and these feelings of guilt will leave you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:09:29 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »

Mat 11:28  Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
v. 29  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
v. 30  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

You have made it here to BT Pierdut, you have come to the truth, you are at the Door (Christ; John 10:7, 9)... so how do you/we "take My (Christ's) yoke"?

John 3:30  He (Christ within us) must increase, but I must decrease.

Luke 10:27  So He answered and said, ""You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and "your neighbor as yourself."

Rom 13:9  For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

You are at the Door, you are at a place that very very very few in history have ever reached... you did not get yourself where you are, God did, so why not believe that God could bring you to completion in Christ? You think you're not good enough... ha ha, none of us are, in any way, the elect are the "base... foolish things... that no flesh should glory." Now that's something any of us can believe, even as Paul did, "I am the foremost of sinners."

So take heart, you are in good company, we all have had to have our eyes opened to what this world along with our carnal desires is all about, it's an experience in good and EVIL, but's it's temporary! It's actually a great relief to come to see things (this world) for what they are, so to take (be given) His yoke is such a blessing and then we can truly rest in Him.

Luke 9:23  Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
v. 24  For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
v. 25  For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?

Rom 13:11  And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.
v. 12  The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
v. 13  Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.
v. 14  But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:19:35 AM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2013, 03:29:29 PM »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the correction as I did not see it as you had said it. The sin issue has already been dealt with once and for all, its about learning righteousness here and now but I must say its not so easy giving up those things that are so deeply rooted in us that God refers to as sin.

The truth you said, if told in any church, would either close their doors or get you thrown out, I sadly believe it’s the latter.

I enjoy learning the real truth about God rather than that which I was once taught, however I feel before I can learn righteousness I need to unlearn all the things I was taught about God from early youth.

I see with God, it’s a little here and a little there for me, replace one lie with the truth here and another there. Its quite fascinating to come out from the deception and into the glorious truth a little at a time.

Your reminder that the sin issue has already been dealt with has lifted me in spirit, I feel renewed after reading your reply.

Bible truth to me is indeed second to none and such a wonderful place to retreat, to learn , and to grow.

Peace and love to all.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »

Pierdut;

When I read your latest comments what popped into my mind is the exact same thing that Dave wrote.  Not trying to jack up my post count but it bears repeating...

But the main thing I would tell you, Kevin, is that if you FEAR that you might have committed this sin, it is actually evidence THAT YOU HAVE NOT committed this sin. Those who blaspheme the holy spirit HAVE NO CONSCIENCE about their sin and therefore don't even care. Since you care and are concerned it is proof that God has given you a heart that wants to do right. So follow God's leadings in your life and these feelings of guilt will leave you.

cjwood

« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2013, 02:12:28 PM »

...Its quite fascinating to come out from the deception and into the glorious truth a little at a time.

:) :)

claudia

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:05:46 PM by cjwood »

cjwood

« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2013, 11:20:20 PM »

i found some Scripture that blows at the sand of the free-will myth, and also a stark reminder that no matter what we are each going through, it is ALL of God's doing.  blowing away more sand from babylon's large dunes. 

ecclesiastes 7:13-14 (james moffatt translation)
13. Ponder the doings of God: who can straighten what He twists?  14. In prosperous days enjoy yourself, but in evil days ponder this, that the one is the doing of God as well as the other -- all to keep man from knowing what is to happen.

claudia

rick

« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2013, 01:16:03 AM »

Hi Claudia,

13. Ponder the doings of God: who can straighten what He twists? 14. In prosperous days enjoy yourself, but in evil days ponder this, that the one is the doing of God as well as the other -- all to keep man from knowing what is to happen.

A second witness

It’s not in man to direct his own footsteps.

I use to wonder what is God’s will for my life, what does God want me to do and how am I to know I’m doing what God wants me to do with certainty, I discovered I been doing God’s will all along the day I discovered I do not have free will and its not in man to direct his own footsteps.

As I start to understand God’s dealings with His creatures, life seems to make a little more sense to me and the gray areas of life start to disappear like the morning dew.

Every knee shall bend every tongue shall confess Jesus is Lord. 

Thanks Claudia for that scripture.

Peace and love to all.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:18:17 AM by Rick »

theophilus

« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2013, 02:13:50 PM »

Hi Pierdut

You said ( Why would I care about any of this if it were not about me and my life? ) I’m not sure about that statement, To me its about God and what He’s doing, in my life, God does not love me because I’m something special on my own but only because He chooses to love me.

The entire universe proceeds from our Creator, God does not need me, there is nothing I can possibly do for God, there is nothing I can give God, he owns the thousand cattle on the hill he owns everything.

Peace and love to all

God may not need any of us but He chose to give us existence because He wants sons and daughters that possess the character of their Heavenly Father. The reason why His will is totally sovereign over our lives is so He will have all He has purposed for us to come to pass.

theophilus

« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2013, 02:36:05 PM »

Here are a couple of emails, Ray had a way about explaining these things, that's why he was the teacher he was.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2510.0.html -----------

The subject of the Sovereignty of God (which by its nature completely demolishes any such thought as man having a will that is free to operate independently of God) is one of those unimaginably simple Truths that most can never wrap their mind around.  I have explained it over and over and over and over, but few indeed could ever explain it.

The entire universe is under God's Sovereignty. NOTHING operates or works or functions or thinks or does ANYTHING independently of God and HIs Sovereignty.  Therefore, from this fact, we know the following: [1] everthing that has ever happened was according to God's pre-ordained, foreknown plan and purpose.  And we can look back and see what has happened realizing that all was in accord with that purpose, and [2] we can likewise know that everything that will yet happen will be according to God's pre-ordained, foreknown plan and purpose, but we CANNOT look forward and know what those things WILL BE;  we can only seen what HAS BEEN.

Therefore you DON'T KNOW what God plans for your son in the immediate, intermediate, or long term future. Hence, if you want God to answer your prayers regarding your sons future, YOU WILL  H-A-V-E  TO PRAY!! 

Don't try to second-guess God, now that you have a little spiritual knowledge. LIVE YOUR LIFE.  Don't try to figure out things that you can or cannot do based on whether it may or may not be God's will for this or that. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT GOD'S SPECIFIC WILL IS REGARDING THIS OR THAT, so don't try to live as though you do know.   Since Phil. 4:4-7 is rather pathetic in the King James, I will read it from the Concordant Version.

"Be rejoicing in the Lord always!  Again, I will declare, BE REJOICING!  Let your lenience [moderation] be known to all men: the Lord is near.  Do not worry about anything, but IN EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, LET YOUR REQUESTS BE MADE KNOWN TO GOD [don't hold back by second-guessing God and thinking, 'what's the use?'] and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

http://bible-truths.com/email14.htm -------------------------------

We choose all day long. God asks us to choose. The human brain has the ability to weigh data and make a choice. I nor the Scriptures deny this fact. What I AND THE SCRIPTURES do deny, is that man has the ability to make "UNCAUSED" choices. For that is what "free" will is all about--UNCAUSED choices, and I and the Scriptures both agree that this is a physiological impossibility. 

If something always MAKES OR CAUSES you to choose what you do, then you and your data-processing-brain are not "free" or out of the realm of "causality" to do anything, BUT what a cause made you choose. You can say the cause forced, made or soften to influenced, or inspired, but the end result is always the same: ALL OF OUR CHOICES ARE INFLUENCED, INSPIRED, OR CAUSED to happen by billions of circumstances beyond our knowledge or control.

Therefore King Nebuchadnezar was CAUSED to see that it is God and God alone who rules in the kingdoms of individual men and corporate men.  God said that it was HE, GOD, who CAUSED [MADE] the king of Assyria do the warring and slaughter that the king thought he himself had the ability to do.

Jesus said He could no NOTHING except what the Father gave Him to do AND TO EVEN SAY, and Jesus said that without Him, we also, CAN DO NOTHING.

Here is what the Scriptures say 

"For it is GOD which works in you both TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Thank you for your input Kat. I think some of the posters come across as having the attitude of "Well I do what I do because I have no free will". I might be wrong. At any rate, I think that we should live our lives, as Paul said to the Phillipians, not worrying ABOUT ANYTHING--not even about the fact that we have no free will. 

microlink

« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »

i found some Scripture that blows at the sand of the free-will myth, and also a stark reminder that no matter what we are each going through, it is ALL of God's doing.  blowing away more sand from babylon's large dunes. 

13. Ponder the doings of God: who can straighten what He twists?  14. In prosperous days enjoy yourself, but in evil days ponder this, that the one is the doing of God as well as the other -- all to keep man from knowing what is to happen.

claudia

Very well said and thanks for the scripture in Eccles.

rick

« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2013, 08:38:01 PM »

Hi Theophitus,

( I think some of the posters come across as having the attitude of "Well I do what I do because I have no free will". )

Not having free will is exactly why some of the posters come across as having the attitude of "Well I do what I do because I have no free will"

It’s a learning process where some have greater understanding than others but wherever we are, its where God wants us or intended for us to be right at that precise moment at that precise time on that precise day and year.

Its so fascinating to me how God controls us so fully and complete yet we think or feel its us doing it but in reality its God.

The more I get my arms around this no free will thing the greater my fascination becomes, its totally incredible to me how great God is.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:45:00 PM by Rick »

theophilus

« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2013, 11:39:32 AM »

Hi Theophitus,

( I think some of the posters come across as having the attitude of "Well I do what I do because I have no free will". )

Not having free will is exactly why some of the posters come across as having the attitude of "Well I do what I do because I have no free will"

It’s a learning process where some have greater understanding than others but wherever we are, its where God wants us or intended for us to be right at that precise moment at that precise time on that precise day and year.

Its so fascinating to me how God controls us so fully and complete yet we think or feel its us doing it but in reality its God.

The more I get my arms around this no free will thing the greater my fascination becomes, its totally incredible to me how great God is.

Hello Rick, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am talking about an attitude that is defeatist or that doesn't acknowledge any participation, not about  the realization that we have no free will. To give you an example, a husband cheats on his wife. The wife is devastated, the kids are torn, etc, etc. Say the husband knows that he has no free will. The husband explains to his wife that he had no choice in the matter. He did what he did because he has no free will. If anyone, God should be blamed since He was the one directing his steps. You wouldn't like to be the wife in this example listening to her husband "excuse", would you? Neither would I!

I, like everyone else, battle the pulls of my flesh. But if I said, hey I could very well fornicate since this is what my flesh would like to do; I'll just do it since I am not free to not sin. No one could blame me; if anyone did, I would pull out God's sovereignty card!

I know it's a learning process, one through which God instructs us and we either do or we don't

rick

« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2013, 05:41:44 PM »

Hi Theophilus,

Your example is something I been dwelling on these past few weeks not about someone committing adultery but rather are we given the opportunity to travel on two paths in this life, both of which are of God but not always by God ?

Lets keep it simple and use your example about the man who has committed adultery, The man loves his wife but has and issue with lust of women, He knows inwardly to be with a women outside of his wife is wrong and so now he is confronted with a choice.

Is his life predestine on one path to say no, and on the other path to say yes ?  Can he choose of his own will which is subjected to Gods will to take either path ?

I think of a man who drinks to the point where its causing issues in his relationship with his wife and his drinking is causing problems on the job, his wife threatens to leave him if he continues drinking all the time, his boss threatens to fire him.

The man knows he will loose everything in his life and will become devastated if he continues on this path of drinking.

The logical thing to do is stop drinking immediately however he continues to drink, why does he keep drinking ?

Is there another force at play here ? Or does he has a choice to take the other path which is alcohol free ?

These two paths make much sense to me but I have not found it in Rays papers yet, I’m hoping Ray has written something along these lines.

I understand what your meaning is about a defeatist attitude and I know the beast within can be quite deceiving and many times I ask myself, why do I do the things I do ?

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak as the good book says and sometimes I wonder if the flesh is to weak to take the other path, the right path.

I remember Elmer Fudd , I think that was the name but he always said ( what a terrible web we weave for ourselves )

Thank you Theopilus for the correction.

Peace and love to all.

Pierdut

« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2013, 11:25:50 PM »

Hi Theophilus,

Your example is something I been dwelling on these past few weeks not about someone committing adultery but rather are we given the opportunity to travel on two paths in this life, both of which are of God but not always by God ?

Lets keep it simple and use your example about the man who has committed adultery, The man loves his wife but has and issue with lust of women, He knows inwardly to be with a women outside of his wife is wrong and so now he is confronted with a choice.

Is his life predestine on one path to say no, and on the other path to say yes ?  Can he choose of his own will which is subjected to Gods will to take either path ?

I think of a man who drinks to the point where its causing issues in his relationship with his wife and his drinking is causing problems on the job, his wife threatens to leave him if he continues drinking all the time, his boss threatens to fire him.

The man knows he will loose everything in his life and will become devastated if he continues on this path of drinking.

The logical thing to do is stop drinking immediately however he continues to drink, why does he keep drinking ?

Is there another force at play here ? Or does he has a choice to take the other path which is alcohol free ?

These two paths make much sense to me but I have not found it in Rays papers yet, I’m hoping Ray has written something along these lines.

I understand what your meaning is about a defeatist attitude and I know the beast within can be quite deceiving and many times I ask myself, why do I do the things I do ?

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak as the good book says and sometimes I wonder if the flesh is to weak to take the other path, the right path.

I remember Elmer Fudd , I think that was the name but he always said ( what a terrible web we weave for ourselves )

Thank you Theopilus for the correction.

Peace and love to all.

Rick,

Ray taught that there is only one way that every event in a person's life will go, and God already knows how it will turn out, and so there are no multiple paths (or two paths in life).

I thought about this myself,  because had a certain event in my life been within the realm of possibility to have turned out another way, then that would have made sense to me in regards to previous events which lead to my relocation in another state after the circumstances that happened in my life which lead me there. But if it could have only turned out the way it did, then I have trouble figuring out the reasons for those 3 years of my life. 

Maybe it was to get me away from the people I was hanging out with here; and then the events that happened there, especially if they could have only turned out the way they did, is what God really used to hurt me deeply.

What at first seemed like a really good thing, and I even thought that that's why God brought me to this state, to be with this person -- turned out to be one of the worst things that's ever happened to me... And that's saying a lot.

I often wish that things could have turned out differently, but I don't think that they could have. Or am I wrong?

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2013, 09:17:05 AM »

I often wish that things could have turned out differently, but I don't think that they could have. Or am I wrong?

Your right.  If things could of turned out differently than they did then it nullifies the sovereignty of God.  He clearly states that He knows the beginning and the ending and that He is the potter and we are the clay.  If there are truly multiple ways a situation can turn out and we are the ones who decide and not God then not even God himself could know the way we are going to go.  If God knows in advance that we are going to make choice 'A', then how are we free to make choice 'B'?  And yet God doesn't force us to do anything.  We choose what we desire and yet God crafts the circumstances that cause us to choose as we do.  Like Ray has said we are accountable to God for the choices we make yet in the end God is responsible. 

When I was younger I had wished that I made different choices in life.  Now that I'm getting older, I can look behind me and see that the things that happened were a necessary part of my development.  I have yet to understand why many things had to happen the way that they did but I trust that God knew what He was doing even if I didn't.  I'm sure that all of us can share many painful things that have happened along the journey of life and we have yet to understand how anything good can come out of them or why they were necessary.  But it gives me great peace of mind to know that my choices are already predetermined.  Not that it absolves any accountability for my choices but the peace comes from knowing that nothing I do can screw up God's plan for me.  That was always my chief worry.  Although I understood;

Rom 8:38-39  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I thought that the one exception to that is that I could choose the wrong path for myself and screw up God's plans for me.  I thought that after all if I make the wrong choices and mess up God's plan for me then that is my fault and not God's fault.  What a relief to know that even with my own bumbling and inept actions at times that not even I have the power to alter God's plans and timetable for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.