bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did Jesus die for our sins?  (Read 14173 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Did Jesus die for our sins?
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »

I dig it..

I am beyond satisfied with the comments on this thread.. Thank you all, this forum is something I've needed for a long time. Peace to all of you!
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Abednego

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »

John 10:17  For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it up again.
v. 18  No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father."

Not attempting to hijack the thread, but just wanted to share something that just hit me.  When you are studying and meditating on the oneness of Jesus and the Father, throw this scripture in the mix and chew on it for awhile.  This is deep.

santgem

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 04:31:16 AM »

John 10:17  For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it up again.
v. 18  No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father."

Not attempting to hijack the thread, but just wanted to share something that just hit me.  When you are studying and meditating on the oneness of Jesus and the Father, throw this scripture in the mix and chew on it for awhile.  This is deep.

Hi Abednego,
Greetings!

Indeed that Scripture is deep.....but,

What Jesus said that He had the authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again which he received from His Father.

then................

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 08:47:16 PM »

check it in several translations.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Abednego

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2013, 11:02:11 PM »

Ok Dave, now I'm confused. And i thought i was really on to something.  I'll have graham crackers with my milk please. The CLV which I use a lot pops the bubble, but when I compare it to an interlinear it looks like the CLV might have missed it here. So what do I believe?

Edit...we can take this to pm, I really didn't  mean to go off topic on the thread.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:04:41 PM by Abednego »

Pierdut

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 04:11:10 AM »

Hi Abednego,
Greetings!

What Jesus said that He had the authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again which he received from His Father.

then................

If he was dead then how can he have the 'authority' (or ability) to do anything? So what made sense to me was that it was God the Father that raised him from the dead. And if he wasn't dead (as Christendom teaches, then he was crucified for our sins, but not die/dead).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:14:50 AM by Pierdut »

microlink

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 02:44:20 PM »

Hi Abednego,
Greetings!

then................

If he was dead then how can he have the 'authority' (or ability) to do anything? So what made sense to me was that it was God the Father that raised him from the dead. And if he wasn't dead (as Christendom teaches, then he was crucified for our sins, but not die/dead).

Many scriptures prophesy that Jesus Christ was to be raised from the dead. Christ himself predicted that He would be killed and on the third day be resurrected.

Matthew 16:21
From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

It was the Father who resurrected Him.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father. But Jesus said in:

John 2:19
Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

The Bible is never contradictory.
In fact, there are many scriptures that show that the Father raised Jesus.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

When Jesus was dead in the sepulchre, the Holy Spirit from God the Father entered into the corpse of Jesus Christ imparting immortality.  Jesus regained consciencness and then raised Himself from the sepulchre in the physical body with which He would appear for the next 40 days to His followers. After God the Father had imparted spiritual life into Jesus Christ, Jesus then raised His physical body from the sepulcher. Later, He finally ascended to Heaven.

gregorydc

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2013, 10:22:03 AM »

Hello,
  What came to me was the changing of the guard.  Christs blood was spilled also to sanctify the new covenant beginning, and a new high priest beginning. As was the old covenents started with blood, this one also had to be started with blood to santify it.

Pierdut

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 11:47:41 PM »

Hi Microlink, that was kind of my point - that when Jesus was crucified and gave up his spirit he really was dead, but  God the Father wasn't, and so brought him back; and that the Christian "Trinity" doctrine is nonsense. Of course an actual dead Jesus is problematic for the "Trinity" doctrine, and the "Hell" doctrine,  with its "immortal souls" nonsense.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:51:36 PM by Pierdut »

microlink

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 11:56:18 PM »

Right on Pierdut. We are on the same page.
The love and power of God is just fantastic.
Thanks be to God and His Son for the work they are doing.
Doing for us and in us now and for all of humanity throughout the eons according to His great purpose.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.