bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Father Recovering from Surgery - Prayers Appreciated  (Read 3448 times)

Vangie

Father Recovering from Surgery - Prayers Appreciated
« on: November 13, 2013, 06:43:51 AM »

Hi everyone!  It's been a while since I've posted, but I do check in and read up.  I'd appreciate prayers for my father who just had cancer surgery yesterday to remove a fist sized tumor in his lung.  The surgery went well and he will be in ICU for at least 48 hours, and he will be dialized today per the surgeon, as he has kidney failure as well.  He's been on dialysis for many months now, and the tumor should have been discovered before that was started as part of standard testing, but someone dropped the ball and just filed the xray report that showed the growth, and it grew for about 5 months undetected.  He's been on chemo to shrink it for surgery, and the team of doctors caring for him are very good at what they do.  So far so good; the surgeon also removed lymph nodes from his chest as a precaution, and hopefully they will test benign.  Thank you for listening and I appreciate prayers for his recovery.  Thank you so much!

gregorydc

Re: Father Recovering from Surgery - Prayers Appreciated
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:14:26 AM »

Prayers of healing for you and your father, Vangie

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 03:44:34 PM »

Prayers for your Father too

Rhys
🤫

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 04:12:01 PM »

Thank you for sharing your prayer request, Vangie. Lord willing, he will have a complete recovery. God Bless.

Dean

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »

i add my prayerful support vangie for your daddy, and for you and the rest of your family.  it is so very hard to see our parents go through their own trials.  it is hard to feel that we cannot help them in their time of need.  but your presence, loving care and kindness will continue to be a blessing to him.  i pray for God's mercy on your daddy.  for God's comfort.  for God's peace and grace.  we are here for you vangie.  you are not alone.

love in Christ,
claudia

microlink

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »

I too am praying for you, your dad and family.
Peace

Vangie

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 01:01:13 AM »

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes.  Daddy is recovering nicely in ICU, and he's already "ready to go home"!  He's got another day or two there, then they will move him to a regular room.  The doctor and staff are very pleased with how well he's doing.  He sat up in a chair for over an hour today, got dialysis for his kidney failure, and was still crabby enough to fuss about going home and silencing his beeping monitor.  Never thought I'd be thankful to hear him being short-tempered, but what a blessing that he's still got his spunk!!!  Thank you so much for your prayers.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »

Glad for the good report.  Crabby is better than comatose, I reckon.   :D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 02:06:04 AM »

Glad to hear that too....blessings

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.