bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rom 12:18  (Read 4412 times)

rumpelstiltskin

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Rom 12:18
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:18:05 AM »

Rom 12:18  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Living peaceably with others is one thing, but what if i cant live peaceably with myself ?  :(
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

santgem

Re: Rom 12:18
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 05:13:29 AM »

well that shows that no man is an island, PEACE! :)

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »

Living peaceably with others is one thing, but what if i cant live peaceably with myself ?  :(

I have grown to appreciate that a clean conscience is the path to inner peace.  Of course, on our own, we cannot accomplish this, but through Christ Jesus it can be done.  The more  you practice doing the "right" thing in this life, the more inner peace you will reap. 

I love to meditate on this scripture:

Phil 4:6-7 - "For nothing, be anxious, but, in everything, by your prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let, your petitions, be made known unto God; And, the peace of God, which riseth above every mind, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts, in Christ Jesus."  (Rotherham)

René

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »

well that shows that no man is an island, PEACE! :)     Turned a  :( into a :)
1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

I have grown to appreciate that a clean conscience is the path to inner peace.  Of course, on our own, we cannot accomplish this, but through Christ Jesus it can be done.  The more  you practice doing the "right" thing in this life, the more inner peace you will reap. 

I love to meditate on this scripture:

Phil 4:6-7 - "For nothing, be anxious, but, in everything, by your prayer and supplication with thanksgiving , let, your petitions, be made known unto God; And, the peace of God, which riseth above every mind, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts, in Christ Jesus."  (Rotherham)

René

[/quote

Good advise  :)

If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.