bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lord's Supper  (Read 3477 times)

greenef

Lord's Supper
« on: December 07, 2013, 04:12:11 PM »

hiAll,
Should we take the Lord's Supper Literally or Spiritually? It was Initiated by our Lord and Savior, as referenced in Mat 26:26-27. Was that just a parable, metaphore , or what?

Nathan

Re: Lord's Supper
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 06:07:21 PM »

hiAll,
Should we take the Lord's Supper Literally or Spiritually? It was Initiated by our Lord and Savior, as referenced in Mat 26:26-27. Was that just a parable, metaphore , or what?

From Ray's Bible Study CAN WE LOSE GOD’S SPIRIT AND EONIAN LIFE?

The bread and the wine, they symbolize something.  They don’t symbolize your obedience to take this, so that you will remember that Christ shed His blood for you.  That’s not what it’s about.  He didn’t say look at the bread look at the wine, this symbolizes My body and this symbolizes My blood and then put it back on the table.  No, No, No EAT this bread, EAT IT.  How often do we need nourishment?   “Give us this day our daily bread.” ( Matt 6:11)
And likewise the wine…

1Cor. 11:25 "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it…"

You see?  This is something you have to do everyday!  You drink of His blood, you eat of His body, this is our spiritual nourishment.  Yes this is symbolic.  I mean you don’t have to send for Paula White’s junky communion set, that’s unbelievable nonsense.  You don’t have to have one in your house and you don’t have to have a little sip of wine and a little bread and all that.  You LIVE it.  If you live the spirit, you don’t have to keep practicing the ritual.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://bible-truths.com/email16.htm#supper

Dear Ray,

If we are no longer, as Christians to observe the Lord's supper would you please explain (1Cor. 11:23-26) and (Acts 20:7)?

Almon

[Ray Replies]

Dear Almon:

Is it the fact that you find a Scripture stating something in the Word of God that you conclude that we should "do it?"

I have absolutely nothing against anyone who wishes to keep the Lord's supper. I have nothing against anyone who wishes to be circumcised or be baptized. I have nothing against anyone who wishes to sacrifice animals or offer sin offerings, burnt offerings, peace offerings and the like.

Gen. 6:14 commands:  "Make THEE an ark of gopher wood...." I have nothing against anyone who wants to follow this command and "Make an  ark of gopher wood."

There are hundreds of things commanded in the Scriptures. I have nothing against anyone who wishes to do ALL OF THEM. I don't. I never made an ark of gopher wood, and never intend to. 

Any just why don "I" do any of these things? Well, actually I used to do some of them. I used to pay my THREE tithes (oh you didn't know that there were THREE tithes?). I was water baptized. I used to wash my brothers feet, and I used to partake of the Lord's supper once a year. And now I don't. Why not? Because there is absolutely nothing physical that can make one spiritual.

Paul baptized at one time in his ministry and then he quit. Why? Because he put away childish things and went on to spiritual maturity.

Paul used to circumcise in his early ministry and then he quit. Why? Because he put away childish things and went on to spiritual maturity.

All physical rituals are CARNAL ordinances, and we are no longer under carnal ordinances. We are now under the "Law of the Spirit of Life." "We know longer know Jesus after the FLESH." Jesus HIMSELF said: "The flesh profits NOTHING." "The words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT and they are LIFE."

Although it was mighty important in Christ's time to worship in THIS mountain or in THAT mountain, Jesus Himself said that the time would come (and so it has) that we no longer worship here or there or in this manner or in that manner, with this set of physical rituals, or with that set of physical rituals, but rather WE WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH.

We are to WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH! Now then, does anyone think that we can add to those instructions by adding a few physical, carnal, rituals? I think not.

I hope this helps your understanding a little better.

God be with you,

Ray

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Lord's Supper
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:00:45 PM »

"My words they are SPIRIT and they are life..."
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.