bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Evolution True?  (Read 4602 times)

traditiontotruth

Is Evolution True?
« on: December 12, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »

I have heard Ray's take on the Old Earth position, and I'm completely convinced that this is so. However, when it comes to evolution, did we evolve [as some believe], or did God create us uniquely?

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Is Evolution True?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 05:30:01 PM »

I think we've evolved as a human race in as much as a baby evolves into a toddler then a pre-teen, teenager to adult. Dont know if Adam and Eve were monkeys though if thats what youre talking about..
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 06:02:44 PM »

As a cellular biologist I can tell you that all evolution is, is a change over time. Things are always changing, but, just because things are changing doesnt mean that its never been this way before. There is nothing new under the sun.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »

A simple definition, evolution - the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

I can see how God could have brought about plants and animals in a gradual process of evolution, but I do not believe that was His method for bringing about mankind.

Gen 1:27  So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

The human form was given just to mankind, after the very image of God, this indicates that we did not form over millions of years of evolution into human being, but were given this form from the beginning. And we have a human spirit, above animal spirit/instinct, I believe from our beginning as well.

Gen 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This Scripture shows what our composition is, dust/clay, the elements in the earth, but it also does seem to indicate that "man" had a human form and spirit from the beginning in which God brought about in a special creation.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 11:05:19 PM »

Helpful commentary Kat,
I think though that there may be a problem with the GRADUAL idea in certain situations.

What about the honey bees? They need the full blossomed flowers from which to gather nectar to make honey in order to survive and propagate. Then the flowering plants need the bees in order to be properly pollinated and fruit and spread over the landscape.

Of course God could have made the first series of plants in a mature (adult) form ordaining them to continue according to another related system....

Just wondering, I-Bob

lareli

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 11:03:05 AM »

Theres an episode of 'through the wormhole' titled 'Did God Create Evolution?'... I have it dvr'd but havent watched it yet... you could probably find it on youtube. Those shows usually dont answer the question they pose but they do give me more to think about.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.