bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm new here! I was accepted! Whoohoo!  (Read 12843 times)

Loverly

I'm new here! I was accepted! Whoohoo!
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:27:46 PM »

Hey Chosen Few!
I stumbled across this site over a week ago and have joyously read my every loverly brains out every day! :)

Long story short. I was steeped in "funnymentalist" Christendom from birth and even graduated from Bob Jones University.  I lived out the good prodigal daughters life until my 30's when I decided that God was stupid and I wanted happiness so I lived out the bad prodigal daughters life to the fullest!  I was married for 22 years to a fundamentalist also lived a hypocritical life.  Upon hearing from my 12 year old that she was being fondled daily by her daddy (yes my husband!) I had to kick him out and never let him return.  My sand castle kingdom was flattened to fine powder in every aspect including financially.  I was angry with God of course and continued on my path of destruction and still claiming I knew Jesus.  2 years ago Yeshua drug me to repentance and after that has given me His "hunger and thirst for righteousness" and studying the Word.   All family on both sides, all steeped in Christendom shunned, verbally assaulted and left us for dead blaming me for my husbands actions.  Even husband blamed me and never has repented.
  Our church and all "Christians" shunned us as well.  That was a huge eye opener!   
  God used all of this to bring me to Himself and also my daughter age 16.  My 18 year old son however has not turned and is verbally abusive to us for our beliefs.  I'm a single mom with only Yeshua to help me.  He took everything away, house, husband, money, people, family, friends etc etc etc and started from scratch to build a new creation!  He gave me no choice at all to follow Him or not.  I have learned to obey His voice and His only.  The "arm of flesh" fails every time but Yeshua never fails!
 He has me on a walk of faith right now financially which has been crazy but I obey.  Just hit my neighbors car today backing outta the drive way (college son was home and parked it there!) but knew it was for a reason and just thanked God for it.  No income for a year and a half and only a couple of months bill money, but whatever.....it's God's problem not mine!
I home schooled my kids up until both were accepted into a high school early college program 5 years ago.  They both have taken high school and 2 years of college at the same time.  They both started at age 14 and my life fell apart only 2 months after my son's first semester.   So I've been doing this alone now for 9 semesters!  I have no family in this town and really no friends to speak of.  Pretty single mom's don't get invited ANYWHERE where couples are! lol  I'm the mom, dad and entire pit crew to get them through school.

My daughter and I had already been called out of the organized church awhile now.  We stopped attending way back in May and were trying to figure out what in the world to do.  I study the Bible a lot and realized that I don't believe in a 2nd 2nd coming (it just wasn't adding up) so was researching that and a bunch of other things when I found this site.  I didn't get angry at all but knew Ray was right and have appreciated all of the hard work he did in his studying! What an huge blessing!
 My daughter knew it was right as well.  God is teaching her right along with me and she has an amazing discerning spirit.  The minute I told her there was no hell we both knew it was truth and our burden of fear lifted!  We hated that doctrine and were weeping over friends and my son more than once a week! Just wasn't jiving in our spirits! We both know what the Refiners Fire in our souls really does and has been doing! No need to explain that to us! LOL WE GET IT!

Anyway, we are happy to know there are a few people out there that understand these truths and I'm excited to talk with a few of you! :)  We have never met a true believe/follower of Jesus...man or woman EVER!  I have over 400 people on my FB account mostly all in Christendom (many professors, the daughter of Bob Jones III and even the PR man of BJU!) and they all think I've lost my mind completely.   

Loverly

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:04:00 PM by Loverly »

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: I'm new here! I was accepted! Whoohoo!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:37:11 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D         Your fellow crazies welcome you.

We do not believe a loving God will torture his creatures for eternity.  And they think we're nuts.  Go figure.   ;D

Loverly

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:41:07 PM »

Thanks John!!!!
I know right? LOL We thought we were loosing our minds to believe this stuff but low and behold an entire forum of you from around the world! whoohoo!  We knew what the Holy Spirit was teaching us!

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 11:54:47 PM »

I stumbled across this site over a week ago and have joyously read my every loverly brains out every day! :)

Welcome to the forum, Loverly.  We share in your joy as your eyes become opened to these marvelous truths!  We are here to encourage and help you along this new spiritual journey. :)

René

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 03:07:29 AM »

Thanks for sharing, sounds like you have been through some hard things. May you grow in His truth and love.

Welcome to the forum

Rhys
🤫

gregorydc

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 08:23:57 AM »

Welcome Loverly,
  May your new journey be blessed throughout.
Greg

theophilus

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 10:45:57 AM »

Welcome Loverly, I rejoice that the Lord has called you both out of Babylon. I pray that you both grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God bless you! :)

Kat

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 10:48:24 AM »

Hi Loverly,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
That was some story... I can see that you understand God sovereign right to have used those circumstances to bring you to Him and now embrace this truth. It is really hard to separate from the world, but it's the only way to serve God.

Luke 16:13  "No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

Yes we have a rare and wonderful fellowship here and it's such a blessing to the 'few' of us. Just come in here and you can find help and encouragement that you cannot get from the world. You can join in to ongoing discussions or ask your own questions, there is always somebody around to help. I find that the many perspectives are very helpful in coming to a full understanding of something.

Here are the links to extra info we have here on the forum, this is besides what's on the main BT's main body of articles.
Forum Rules- General info
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
Topic- Questions and Truth 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
Topic- How this Forum is Moderated
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

General discussion board- to ask questions and discuss what is presented at the Bible-truths.com site.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,3.0.html

Child board- FAQ (most frequently asked questions)- above General discussion board
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Forum Indexes & Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Off Topic board- to discuss things that may not directly relate to BT, you will find a good bit of humor
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

child board- Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.- above Off Topic board
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship board- mostly for personal posts
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

Child boards- Who Am I? (only available to members)- above Testimonies board, members pics and other stuff
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

Members Recipes- for sharing recipes and food tips
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,22.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 12:01:09 PM »

P.S. I would love for some of you to be friends on FB with me and back me up in the the posts that I post. My Christendom friends would freak out for sure. LOL  Lemme know if any of you have a FB account! Thanks!

I enjoy seeing your enthusiasm but must warn you.  You need to learn to crawl before you try and fly. Going to your friends and acquaintances with your new found knowledge will only snatch the joy and enthusiasm from you.  Learn to crawl. Rather than shouting the truth for all to hear, live the truth for all to see. When you are ready God will lead others to you to share your knowledge of the truth. Don't throw pearls before swine.

Craig

Loverly

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 12:33:56 PM »

Thanks Craig for the warning. :)
 Thing is my light (His light) has already been shining now for 2 years for all to "see" on FB as God has leveled and changed me into His new creation in front of their eyes... so wasn't really that big of a deal to post anything scriptural about doctrine.  ;)
 I post Scriptures constantly as I study and come across them and make comments.  So not like I'm all of a sudden going from totally not believing the Bible to believing the Bible.   
 I had already known something wasn't right with a lot of the doctrine but couldn't quit put my finger on it since I study out of an NAS translation and was focusing more on the major and minor prophets, walking by faith and not by sight, The Day of the Lord etc..... 
It's important however for me to tell my many friends and family the truth about what I believe in... even if they do "devour" me or "tear me apart" at some point otherwise I have over 300 people thinking I'm walking (as always for 46 years) in agreement with them.  That's not good! "Come out from among them and be ye separate". 
They have to know that I don't stand with Christendom and those doctrines and what better time than when I'm excited about the truth to share the "real" good news of the gospel!
  I agree there is a away to go about it (in meekness and love) and there is a way not to to cram it down their throats.  For me it was a statement of faith to share, not a character slander of who they are because of what they believe in and have been blindly taught. I was one of them remember?
 So I would encourage you to stand up and speak truth and love into the lives of those around you.  "Let your light so shine before men so that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven."  :)  All glory goes to Him for the truth that He has graciously revealed to me...no need to be arrogant about it cause I sure didn't choose to know this stuff! lol
  Most think I've already lost my mind anyway so would be a blessing to have a few "chosen few" that are in agreement with me to shine their light of truth as well...not to slander or debate but to shine. :)
 As far as their verbal assaults against my character for my beliefs "snatching" the joy and "enthusiasm" from me that's really impossible since my "joy" comes from the Lord (one of the 9 fold fruit of the Spirit) and not their opinions of me or my beliefs.   
So shine the light of the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ in love... by not being ashamed of it. :)

microlink

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 12:50:23 PM »

A warm welcome from me too on a snowy cold day where I live.

Loverly

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »

HI Joe from Ottawa!
Greetings from the sunny south! :) Today, high of 67F, tomorrow's high 66F and Sunday high of 73F! You enjoy that cold and snow for me in spirit.  I'm from the midwest and don't miss that one bit!

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »

Welcome Loverly.

I've listened to these audios a dozen or more times. Could be the best overall material on the site.

It has some good advice about trying to enlighten your friends, and some interesting teaching on Revelations.

Getting Saved part 1: http://bible-truths.com/audio/N05 GettingSaved_p1.mp3
Getting Saved part 2: http://bible-truths.com/audio/N05 GettingSaved_p2.mp3

Dennis

loretta

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 02:11:02 PM »

Lovely Loverly, that's what you are in God's sight.  Precious and beloved! :)

So much what you wrote resonates in my being.

Yes, He demolishes our edifice, until we are left standing alone on the foundation that is Christ.  My teen daughter who is still straddling the line between the world and the church was so relieved to know that she wouldn't be left behind! :)  Yeah, I do have a FB account, even had a church group!  But long before BT, I was able to discern that it was spiritually dead and I have since dismantled it.  Can't say I am as forthright as you about my new beliefs, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

So happy to see that you can still laugh through it all.  I thank God for choosing me, and showing me his profound truths.  Or I would have ended up a bitter old woman like your mother.  But that also would have been of God, who moulds some for honor and others for dishonor. Rom 9:21

Welcome Loverly, may you grow in grace and knowlege of the truth.

Kat

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »

Loverly, that is a real blessing to have your daughter understand and learning these truths along with you... it does seem a lot harder for the younger generation to stick with this as they have so much yet to learn from the world. But I can see she is really getting it from what you say, that's wonderful.

Your witnessing to your friends and family is where you have been lead, but you may find that's get old that a while, as it's like beating your head against a wall, seeing them reject every truth  :P

Since we all come here from studying Ray's teachings I like to bring forward his teaching on particular subjects being discussed, he did have a way about explaining things. This excerpt is from the article 'Winning Souls for Jesus?' It is just to show you the prospective that some of us have on witnessing.

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm --------------------------

LIGHT AND SALT DON’T ARGUE OR MAKE NOISE

"Ye are the salt of the earth… Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:1,14,16).

Salt does not make any noise, and light does not argue Scriptures. Neither salt nor light makes any sound whatsoever. Maybe there is a lesson in there.

Too many people learn a few truths of God and think that they are ready to take on the world. They usually start by trying to embarrass their Pastor with their new-gained knowledge. Usually they fall flat on their face on the very first try. It’s all about motivation. If your motivation is carnal, God will not back you. Yes, I know, all of you are saying: "But my motivation is to show them God’s truths." Yes, sure, I understand, but THEY DON’T WANT TO HEAR GOD’S TRUTHS, and you already know this, so what is your point? Leave them alone and let them taste your salt and see your light and admire your good works, and perchance they will even praise God for your new-found humility,

You will never argue anyone into accepting the truths of God’s Word. As salesmen are often taught: "You might win the argument, but loose the sale," so don’t argue. And this: "He who is persuaded against his will; is of the same opinion still."

I receive a lot of emails from people who beg me to come to their rescue because they are about to have a second session with their pastor or friend, but have failed miserably on the first go-round. Now they want me to give them the ammunition they need to do a slam-dunk on their second attempt to embarrass their pastor or friend. Give it up—that attitude is wrong. Such a carnal exhibition of prideful flesh is akin to someone looking for a street fight merely because he has just acquired a black belt in karate.
-----------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Loverly

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »

Thank you Denis for the links. :)
Really , I'm not trying to enlighten or win or save anyone. I'm not God that's fer sure!
  Maybe, it came across as that but believe me I want no part in that. lol I grew up going from door to door with my church saying, "If you died today you know 100% sure you would go heaven?" and then whipping out my little "soul winners Bible" to go through the "Roman's Road" so they would say their little come to Jesus prayer and I could go to the next house.
Like I said to Craig.  I have SO many around me that are in Christendom that if i don't state right up front what doctrines I believe in then they have no reason at all for thinking I'm not still walking along with them in these same beliefs. My life has completely changed anyway despite me not knowing the Greek and Hebrew word for Hell was really "grave". :) lol
 I'm not beating them over the head with it but rather made one statement on FB stating that my daughter and I no longer agree with these doctrines after 2 years of studying truth for ourselves. No one responded really other than a friends son and his roommate at college. lol Which was fine with me. :)  They didn't want to touch that with a 10 foot pole I'm sure of it!
My mother did see the post and blasted me but that's nothing new.  My BF freaked out when she saw the website link that this Smith doesn't believe in "hell" and warned me not to read anything and my son well he's always thought I was off my rocker anyway. 
  So all of that to say.... I'm not trying to "convert" or "save" any of them.  I'm not going to continue to act like I believe what they do either and continue to post Scripture as usual.
  Just was more of and FYI for everyone. I don't even post Scripture to convert them but to praise Yeshua and give Him glory for His Sovereignty and answered prayers. 

Loverly

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 05:43:58 PM »

Kat,
I couldn't agree more with Ray on this point and I do remember reading that in one of the papers.  I'm sure Jeremiah and Isaiah felt the same with with the people not hearing one word they were saying. zzzzzzz  It's definitely already been this way for me for the past two year as I studied.  I got so excited when I realized it was "finished" and it was black or white and tried so hard to tell a few friends.  They looked at me like I was nuts.
  So...I went back and studied more and more and sure enough it was still black and white! lol   
I've learned now if I can speak up and at least show a Scriptural truth and answer questions then I do.  I don't character slam them at all but only ask a bunch of questions of show them Scripture.   I hate "I think" or "My opinion is" so I really try to back up everything with Scripture or shut up but I definitely don't shy away from sharing truth if God allows me to do so.  The good news is still good news..even if no one is listening or can listen! :)
Not one person in 46 years ever spoke truth to me about the Scriptures so I never want to shut up if the Holy Spirit leads me to stand firm in the truth of the gospel even if their eyes are glazed over like a deer in headlights.
  Sure, I can't convert them but maybe later in life that one little truth will rattle around in their heads for awhile and eventually I'll see a few called out! 
 Yes, April and I are extremely grateful to Yeshua for our relationship and that He saw fit to call us both out together only like a month or 2 apart.  It's amazing to see the Holy Spirit work in her heart at such a young age and make a new creation out of her. 
She's done with the world and all it has to offer and knows the peace that comes with obeying God only! :)   She wants to come and join the forum as well since she would like to see that others "get it".  We are shocked to say the last that there are some!  Ya'll would be blessed by her amazing discerning spirit and how she cuts to the chase with truth and stands firm in it. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:12:02 PM by Loverly »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »

Even if the Lord hasn't yet given them faith, I am happy to believe for them.  There will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, but it doesn't last forever, even for the most hard-hearted.  Joy comes in the morning.

'sGood to meet you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Loverly

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 07:34:26 PM »

Hi Dave,
Yup, I agree. :) "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God."  So why not be spreaders of the Word and show our joy (that He supplies) in this short life... after our own gnashing of teeth and wailing!
Good to meet you too!

indianabob

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 02:08:31 AM »

Hi Loverly,

Great to meet you and learn more about your journey.
I've been around a while, but can still appreciate the thrill that comes with "new knowledge".
I'm sure that you will stir some controversy in your face book relationships, just be patient.

I'm an old gent and don't work well on FB but I try.
Welcome the the first day of the best and most challenging days of your life.
Indiana Bob
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.