bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The devil is on the loose.  (Read 4954 times)

rick

The devil is on the loose.
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:47:51 PM »

Looks like anti Christian mentality is sweeping America, A great Christian nation being mocked by a handful.

I’m assuming most of you heard about Phil Robertson who when asked about his opinion about certain life styles had decided to reference scripture found himself being terminated from A & E. As a result.

I heard about a particular school in New York that had a Christmas party for the children but took certain words out of the song silent night as to not offend those outside the Christian   
faith.

No problem offending Christians I see. I do want to mention the parents got up and departed the school with their children, I applaud them for standing up to this injustice.

Then countless stories I hear about Christian displays taken down because they offend certain folks.

Now at first these things caused me to be dismayed but afterwards they caused me to see the hand of God in all of it, Thanks to the understanding I am learning here.

No doubt the devil is on the loose in America, but we here at B.T. know the final outcome, praise the Lord because God has it all under control!!!

Peace and love to all.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: The devil is on the loose.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 09:10:17 PM »

Such is the ways of the world

Does Christmas have something to do with Jesus.....who knew

As for that devil fellow I like what Ray said here:

Jesus once told Satan to: "Get thee BEHIND ME" (Mark 8:33). Why, "behind" Him? Because it was offensive to Jesus to have Satan in FRONT of Him. Satan has no business IN FRONT of Jesus. Jesus told Satan to: Get out of my FACE, Satan; Get thee behind me!

I like the get out of my face bit

Rhys
🤫

rick

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 10:48:46 PM »

Hi Rhys,

I couldn't agree with you more, ( who knew ) Now that I think of it, God does say, ( come out of her)  I guess its not just the church but its traditions as well.  ::)

Peace and love to all.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 09:21:18 AM »

Not a knock Rick, as we all slip back into Babylonish utterances from time to time without realizing it.  Satan isn't on the 'loose'.  God is still sovereign and on the throne of the universe.  Satan can go no further than what the Father wishes him to go.  Remember that when Job was tested that God set specific limitations as to how far Satan could go with him.  It's the same with us.  It's simply part of God's plan and what appears to be out of control......isn't.  The Duck Dynasty show isn't really my cup of tea and I do admit that it's refreshing to see the media elites have to back peddle a bit as they are getting some blow back that they didn't expect.  As much as Phil and his group are sincere [I fully believe that] and are operating within the truth that they have, if you or I were to walk into their church and attempt to teach them that God isn't going to burn the homosexuals in their Christian hell for all eternity I think you can discern what the reaction would be.

God bless!!   

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 01:10:07 PM »

God is calling a special people and of those He is calling and perhaps choosing he says they should worship God in "spirit and in truth".
To me that means worship without any thing added or taken away from true worship.
God doesn't like,(hates) to be worshiped as one of many god's, even as the greatest of many gods. So in other words IF we are led to worship the true God then our worship should be pure and without any admixture or leaven. For a little leaven, leavens the whole lump.

So then it seems to me that during our relationship with God we should expect to become spiritually de-leavened, much like the preparation for the physical Passover. Of course even this process is of God and not our works.

In Rev. 3 the Lord sets out the criteria for worship, in verse 16 they are admonished to be either hot (really invested) or cold (having no calling) rather than to be room temperature, lukewarm, just like everyone else who follows their own mind and heart or the traditions of men.

That is my understanding. Please feel free to correct.
Thank you, Indiana Bob

rick

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 02:02:35 PM »

Hi Arion,

Its incredible to me, Im had no idea, I got sucked into all the hype I been hearing on the news and then to boot I got angry because a person got fired for quoting scripture, I admit it got to me.  >:(

Then I read your response and realized , yes your right, I slipped back into Babylonian big time.
If I walked into there church and tried to teach what I’m learning here, woe would be me.  :(

I don’t regret doing this thread , as much as I felt I was so right turned out to be so wrong.  ::)

Thank you Arion for reinforcing for me that which slipped away from me. The things of God are now a little stronger in my understanding.  :)

Correction is a wonderful thing for one who desirers the truth, what you say to me, I never see as a knock but if it takes a knock down to set me straight, please never hesitate to deliver the knock.  ;)

Sincerely thankful Arion------ thanks   :)

Peace and love to all

rick

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »

Hello Indianabob,

This tread is clearly a lack of knowledge on my part or my own immaturity in Christ, I see I been deceived by the devil but Arion words helped me out.  :)

I guess its like Dave from Tenn said its about repent repeat repent repeat and so on. When my perception is off I find correction to be a blessing. I cannot think of one correction I received here that I did not learn from.  8)

I like your analogize (  de-leavened ) I need more De-leaven preformed on me no doubt.  :o

Thanks Indianabob, for your perspective,

peace and love to all.  :)

dodrill

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 03:19:59 PM »

Judging the world a pond ?
the ideal that America represents Christianity disgust me
Christiany was a feel bad land grab
sorry my simple heart mind don't make it more
Vote? yes we should - why - because it does change the balance
I love that God /providence weighs through
tired of of my own manifestation
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:54:38 PM by hayley »

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »

Sincerely thankful Arion------ thanks   :)

No problem at all.  It's common to all of us.  And your certainly not the only one that can slip back into some familiar thought processes without realizing it.  When I started to follow this story I too was angry at how every perversion under heaven is now protected and promoted in this country but even what passes for nominal Christianity under the guise of the institutional church is rejected and mocked.  It just occurred to me that as sincere as Phil and his family are in their beliefs that if I was to try to share with them the truths from God's word on the ultimate destiny for the unrepentant homosexuals I'm sure Phil would think I'm going to the same hell that he is sure they are.   :-*  It's all good.  At one time I thought exactly like they do now and would of said the same thing except that after being in the army 13 years I hate camouflage and couldn't grow a beard to save my life.  I've read that they have the beards because they believe that God condemns men cutting their facial hair so I guess I'm in trouble there as well.  :)

rick

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »

Hi Havley,

You said   ( The ideal that America represents Christianity disgust me )  :-\

I’m just now starting to get my head out of the sand. ( Lol ) what a contrast between us two.
I feel like I’m in that movie the ( matrix ) just coming to the realization everything is a total deception in life.  ???

I feel as though I’m standing on the threshold of truth and deception, my minds eyes are beginning to see but being deceived is still easy for me.

The world is a snare for all people, regardless of who they are, and only God’s wisdom can safely guide them around each snare.  :)

Its awesome to me, how I can speak my thoughts here, be it right or wrong and yet, walk away with just a little more wisdom than when I first started  if I’m wrong. If that’s not a blessing then what is ?  8)

Thanks for your response Havley.  :)

Peace and love to all.

rickylittleton

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »

Hello all; This is Timothy. I don't post much, but allow me to put my 2 cents in. Remember what Soloman said,; There is nothing new under the sun. The devil is like he was when God made him, not much about him has change, and he will be the same until it's time for his change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.