bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rocky Mountain High  (Read 6983 times)

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Rocky Mountain High
« on: December 29, 2013, 08:39:02 AM »

They say on Jan.1, if it is not against mans law, it cant be against Gods law. You can now go to Colorado smoke alittle weed, and forget how miserable life is going through the fire. Anybody tempted? How dose this new law sit with u all here on BT. Bless you all.  Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

friendofJC

• Facebook
Re: Rocky Mountain High
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:52:24 AM »

They say on Jan.1, if it is not against mans law, it cant be against Gods law. You can now go to Colorado smoke alittle weed, and forget how miserable life is going through the fire. Anybody tempted? How dose this new law sit with u all here on BT. Bless you all.  Ricky

Smoking causes physical damage to the body.  1 Cor. 1:16  Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the spirit of God dwells in you?  v 17  If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him.  For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:40:16 PM by friendofJC »

Extol

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 12:13:26 PM »

They say on Jan.1, if it is not against mans law, it cant be against Gods law.

What kind of nonsense is this? Who is "they"?  ??? They are wrong.

It is not against man's law to fornicate, whether with the opposite or the same sex.

It is not against man's law to commit murder (as long as the victim has not yet been born.)

Drunkenness, idolatry, vulgar language, and lust are not against man's law. Etc. Etc.

rick

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 02:34:06 PM »

Excellent point Extol, I could not agree more with your statement. I think what Ricky meant was we should obey mans laws unless they are contrary to Gods laws, it always goes back to the free will thing.   ;)

Peace and love to all.

Ricky

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 02:57:29 PM »

Rick got it, free will thing, there is a difference in many ways with sin and the law, they are not the same.
  Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »

Hi Ricky,

We each were born with the gift of life and millions of opportunities to make the best of each day according to each person's understanding. We on the forum have additional gifts.
I don't judge, but I do evaluate both myself and others to see if perhaps I may learn some lesson from the experience.

As we rise to face each new day, we may if we choose, decide to build up or to tear down. I suppose most folks have both type of days. Here then is a motto on the wall of my therapy gym I think it is a valuable thought to remember.

"to give anything less than your BEST is to sacrifice the gift".

rick

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »

Ricky,

I see it this way, predestine is predestine, our will is subjected to Gods will. I personally see no difference whether its sin or law, predestine is living out and experiencing good and evil as God has determined for our good.

Yes, we do make choices, choices from our own depravity which also is of God ,seeing where He made us in vanity, not that we were willing, but for His purpose to do and to will in us for His good pleasure.

No matter what we do, there is no getting around the fact that God is responsible for what everyone does yet at the same time everyone is accountable for all their own choices.

There is one God, one way, Gods way.

peace and love to all.

lareli

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 06:53:11 PM »

Why does anyone care what their neighbor puts in their own body? Or who your neighbor sleeps with (consenting adults)? Who are we to judge the servant of another? To his own master will he stand or fall. We all have only one life and we should live it how we feel is the right way as long as that doesnt harm anyone else. We will all give an account to our own master and my master wont make me account for any of your lives... only mine. So if smoking weed is your thing and you live in Colorado... Congrats!

Christians are so easily manipulated into letting the governments dictate what it means to "fight the good fight". Christians in the US are always fighting about what "other" people do with their personal life. Heres something to chew on... in 2012 alone, the US spent 757 Billion dollars on war. By the UN's own estimate, it would only take 30 Billion dollars per year to wipe out world hunger. Hmmmm... Remember these wars have been raging for over 12 years AND STILL GOING and the 757 Billion is just ONE YEAR of spending!!! Maybe theres more important things to worry about than whos using a plant that God made which is safer than anything your Dr. can prescribe?

btw, aspirin kills more people than weed. Is taking aspirin defiling ones body?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:10:37 PM by largeli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 07:16:38 PM »

i agree largeli with all you said, but would make an edit on the neighbor part.  i would say that if i knew for sure my neighbor was being physically or sexually abused, or was abusing animals, i would care a lot.   >:(

claudia

dodrill

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 06:05:04 AM »

I like this wisdom too
"What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." Matthew 15:11

also this information to keep things in perspective :)

Soft drinks should carry tobacco-style warnings that sugar is highly addictive and dangerous, a senior Dutch health official has warned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/10314705/Sugar-is-addictive-and-the-most-dangerous-drug-of-the-times.html

http://www.trueactivist.com/still-believe-nature-got-it-wrong-top-10-health-benefits-of-marijuana/

Psalms 104:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis

I think our addiction is greed and the indifference to the sufferings of others - people and living creatures :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:12:57 AM by hayley »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 06:26:52 AM »

I think I'm a sugar addict  ;D

Makes me think of this wonderful song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqowmHgxVJQ

Rhys ;)
🤫

dodrill

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 06:34:24 AM »

Ha ha - beautiful Rhys :)
must have been prophetic that song :)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 06:37:59 AM »

What can I say, I have a sweet gift  ;)
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 01:53:44 PM »

hahahahaha!!  rhys, you crack me up brother.  you are truly unique.  you surely are a joy to your mother. 

claudia

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 07:38:42 PM »

Sometimes its the consumers themselves that act as their own enemy without even knowing it. When a certain law is passed, it can be taken as a reason to have a huge smoke em up , cherry lighting , volcano,vaporizing, bong fest. This is picked up by mainstream media and stigmatized , which only ruins what can potentially be a beneficial program.
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »

hayley, thank you for posting that video.  like someone said one time, if this plant was called anything other than marijuana, no one would give a hoot about using it.

claudia

Joel

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 09:52:59 PM »

The government will have to sell it to control marijuana.
I can see it now vast green fields from east to west.
A weed store on every corner with the ABC section in the rear. :D

Joel

Duane

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »

Well.  if you want to:
ACT like a DOPE
SOUND like a DOPE
SMELL like a DOPE
THINK like a DOPE:
BE a DOPE

THEN: SMOKE DOPE!

Joel

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »

That quote should be part of the Surgeon Generals warning on every bag sold Duane! That's just my 2 cents.

Joel

lareli

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »

Why would there be a surgeon generals warning? Has anyone ever died from smoking Gods marijuana? Has Gods marijuana ever been proven to cause ANY disease what so ever? People make the assumption that because cigarette smoke causes disease that marijuana smoke must likewise cause disease. Well that's kind of like comparing water and vodka. They're both liquid, both clear in color, both ingested the same way, yet they have two completely different effects on the body. Did you know a Harvard medical study has suggested that marijuana smoke may actually protect the lungs from lung cancer? Crazy right?

*Too much, sorry.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:38:22 PM by largeli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.