bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning CD's  (Read 6633 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
burning CD's
« on: August 02, 2006, 09:28:15 PM »

I'm not sure that is the correct PC terminology but what I want to do is put all of the B-T's articles on a disc. Is this possible and how would I go about doing it?
Thanks in advance.
POD

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: burning CD's
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:34:38 PM »

I'm not sure that is the correct PC terminology but what I want to do is put all of the B-T's articles on a disc. Is this possible and how would I go about doing it?
Thanks in advance.
POD

One way is download pdf creator

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Then copy and paste the articles to word or another word processing program.  Print to pdf creator to create the pdf document.

Burn the pdf file to a cd.

Craig

Ward

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:02:06 PM »

Thanks in advance.
POD

Hello Patrick:
If you'd like... I can email you a copy of the site.  After I read your request I created a duplicate of the site on my local PC, relaced the absolute linking with relative linking, and zipped it all up into one file.  Its only 1.73mb. 

Once I sent it to you.  All you'd need to do is unzip it and copy it to a cd (The whole thing unzipped is 5.6mb).  To use it from your CD (or harddrive) all you would need to do is point to the index.html file on the resulting CD with your browser. It would react just like you were on the web.

Interested???
Ward

P.S. If anybody else wants a copy just say so... :)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 10:07:40 PM by Ward »

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:11:39 PM »

Me :)

Craig

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 10:23:38 PM »

I want it too

Beloved

Patrick

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:14:30 PM »

Ok, I need to tell you folks I am not very smart when it comes to PC's.
Ward, that sounds great, yes I'm interested. I am slightly confused on some of the instructions (yours also, Craig). I know what a zip file is and how to open it, I know what a PDF file is, viewing only; not creating, and I can use the Wizard feature pretty good..
Don't know what creating a duplicate of the site means, don't have a clue what relacing the absolute linking with relative linking means, don't know how to copy anything to a cd, and a little confused on what index.html files means. ???
Sorry folks.
However, if you want to build a motorcycle that will go from zero to 240 mph is 6 seconds, that I can do. Computers, I need supervision.

Ok, Ward, I'm ready to give the process a go.
Craig, I'll be looking into your suggestions also; sounds like something good to know.
Thanks

Jwn47

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 11:51:57 PM »

Ward,

I would appreciate a copy also.

Thanks

John N

Ward

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 12:47:36 AM »

Ward, that sounds great, yes I'm interested. I am slightly confused on some of the instructions (yours also, Craig). I know what a zip file is and how to open it, I know what a PDF file is, viewing only; not creating, and I can use the Wizard feature pretty good..
Don't know what creating a duplicate of the site means, don't have a clue what relacing the absolute linking with relative linking means, don't know how to copy anything to a cd, and a little confused on what index.html files means. ???
Ok, Ward, I'm ready to give the process a go.
Craig, I'll be looking into your suggestions also; sounds like something good to know.
Thanks

You don't need to understand any of that *stuff* I mentioned.  Its already done. All it meant was that I duplicated the Bible-Truths website on my PC and altered the links on the first page so that they work locally. Blah... Blah... Blah...

I was offering to send you the results in a zipped file.  Once you receive it:
  • unzip it to where you want on your harddrive
  • open/start your browser
  • open the "index.html" file. (That's the name of the 1st page you see at BT) ex. using Internet Explorer IE
    • using the IE menu click File/Open/Browse
    • go to the subdirectory that you unzipped the file to, ex. c:\Bible-Truths-All
    • click on the file named "Index.html" and "OK"
    • That should do it... The browser should then display the pages just as if you are online...

If you want to put it on a CD. Its just a matter of burning the subdirectory to a CD.  Once that's done you can use this anywhere you have a PC w/ a CD and browser.

Now this doesn't include the forum.  That would take quite a while to reproduce and its always changing.

Just PM me your email address.
Ward

prarrydog

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 03:10:40 PM »

Hey Ward,

Thanks for all your efforts.  It worked perfectly. 

God be with you
   Scott

angie

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 05:54:29 AM »

can I have a copy too? please? 
:-*

cheers

Angie

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.